Posted to alt.food.asian
Ken Blake Ken Blake is offline

Default Korean Black Goat Stew recipe?

On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 15:40:07 -0600, Sqwertz >
wrote:

> On Thu, 11 Mar 2010 14:20:11 -0500, Kate Connally wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> > It's my first time here. Someone at rec.food.cooking
> > suggested y'all might be able to help me. I recently
> > saw a reference to Korean Black Goat Stew that is served
> > at a restaurant in NYC. Since I love goat and recently
> > found a local purveyor I'm looking for some new recipes
> > to try. I like lots of Korean foods so I was hoping to
> > find this recipe.
> >
> > However, I searched every-which-way I could think of on
> > the internet and came up with zilch!
> >
> > Would anyone out there happen have a recipe for the
> > goat stew or know where to find one?

> While I ask my brother to ask his family in law, you might want to
> consider some Indian goat recipes such as a biryani. I know Indian
> doesn't fare well with some people, but I think goat Indian style is
> one of the better confluence of flavors out there.
>
> Cabrito also makes a killer green chili stew.
>
> You should be able to find a lot of goat and cabrito (kid) around
> this time of the year - Easter. And yes, rabbit, too (just after
> Easter).

I'm not Kate, but I love Indian food (I cook a lot of Indian food) and
I love goat meat (although I don't think I've ever had an Indian dish
with goat meat in it).

But alas, I can almost never find goat meat for sale.

--
Ken Blake
Please Reply to the Newsgroup