Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Monodale Farms in Hutto, TX

I saw this place come up in a Texas "Pick Your Own Fruit" site. There
was an email address and a phone number. I tried the email address and
it bounced. The phone number goes to a non-descriptive answering
machine ("You have reached [phone number]. Please leave a message after
the tone.")

Does this place actually exist?
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I can not comment on Monodale Farms but I have used some of the places off
the Texas Pick you own. and most are little mom and pop operations and it
should not be surprising that they have a message like that. If it is
conveniently close, go ahead and try it. A comment though. That site is
not well maintained and places go out of business and remain on the site.

Ray

"Adam Preble" > wrote in message
>I saw this place come up in a Texas "Pick Your Own Fruit" site. There was
>an email address and a phone number. I tried the email address and it
>bounced. The phone number goes to a non-descriptive answering machine
>("You have reached [phone number]. Please leave a message after the
>tone.")
>
> Does this place actually exist?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Vineyards near Austin, TX (was Monodale Farms in Hutto, TX)

Ray Calvert wrote:
> I can not comment on Monodale Farms but I have used some of the places off
> the Texas Pick you own. and most are little mom and pop operations and it
> should not be surprising that they have a message like that. If it is
> conveniently close, go ahead and try it. A comment though. That site is
> not well maintained and places go out of business and remain on the site.

It's a 40 minute drive, one way. I know somebody that's closer that
could possibly scope it, but it would be a shame if they were still
around but just closed when we try.

Do you happen to have a good idea of what places are still around within
a 1.5 hour drive of Austin? I want to get me hands on some fruit of one
sort or another for wine and lambic beer blending. The fruit dictates
what I make exactly.

I left a message at Monodale Farms. Since I have a cell phone, I don't
expect a call back. I've only gotten that machine each time I've called
so I expect either: 1) they stare at the caller ID box for every call 2)
they assume "if it's a stranger, they'll leave a message if they're
important" 3) the vineyard consumed their house and they've died from
asphyxiation 4) the number doesn't correspond to any Monodale Farms at
this moment, whether it still exists or not.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

> Do you happen to have a good idea of what places are still around within a
> 1.5 hour drive of Austin?

Sorry, I have just used ones in the houston area. You might check with the
San Antonio Regional Wine Guild.

Ray

Farms Julie Bove[_2_] General Cooking 227 12-06-2016 10:39 PM
family farms ImStillMags General Cooking 3 25-02-2010 08:15 PM
Tea Farms in Japan Joel Dietz Tea 0 06-03-2008 06:49 AM
Organic farms using NO pesticides better for soil and outproduceconventional farms. Beach Runner Vegan 2 31-12-2005 10:24 PM
Morning Farms Vaine Vegan 2 11-05-2004 01:15 AM