Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Farms

I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.
There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says it
has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
seems to sell less variety.

Posted to rec.food.cooking,alt.usenet.kooks,sci.military.naval

Default JULIE BOVINE TALKS ABOUT "Farms"

On 5/30/2016 9:15 PM, Julie BovINE wrote:
> I just found this link and it will prove to you we have no
> farms here.
>
> http:lemonpart.org
>

> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds,
> Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I
> normally frequent. There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not
> in the part of Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out
> though. One says it has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does.
> The one with the stand seems to sell less variety.

Hmmm, well where else but on a farm is there room for a heifer like you,
julie?
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
> farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington
Bothell /'b???l/ BOTH-?l is a city located in King and Snohomish
Counties in the State of Washington

Pity you didn't look in Snohomish; there's 39 listed here

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/snohomish-
31?search_api_views_fulltext=

Janet UK
Posted to rec.food.cooking

I still say it's spelled brothel.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 7:08:34 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...
> >
> > I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
> > farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington
> Bothell /'b???l/ BOTH-?l is a city located in King and Snohomish
> Counties in the State of Washington
>
> Pity you didn't look in Snohomish; there's 39 listed here
>
> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/snohomish-
> 31?search_api_views_fulltext=
>

> Janet UK

Are you suggesting that Julie was not being very diligent in her searching? Perhaps she was a bit hasty in drawing conclusions so as to let her off the hook...so to speak. Now that farms have been "discovered" close by she will correct her first assumption no doubt.
====

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Mon, 30 May 2016 21:15:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>farms here.

'here' being a relative term, Julie.

>http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>
>As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
>Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.
>There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
>Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says it
>has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
>seems to sell less variety.

Clearly you would have to go just a /little/ out of your way for a
farm stand as you live in a built up area. Nobody to my knowledge
suggested otherwise, it would be pretty stupid if they did.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Jeßus > wrote:
> On Mon, 30 May 2016 21:15:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>> farms here.

> 'here' being a relative term, Julie.
>
>> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>>
>> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
>> Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.
>> There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
>> Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says it
>> has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
>> seems to sell less variety.

> Clearly you would have to go just a /little/ out of your way for a
> farm stand as you live in a built up area. Nobody to my knowledge
> suggested otherwise, it would be pretty stupid if they did.

OTOH, I live in a large metropolitan area and I have no difficulties
finding "farm stands" or "vegetable stands" featuring locally grown produce
that have been set up in parking lots, on corners, by gas stations, etc
during the height of our summer growing season. Sometimes it's just a
pickup truck filled with corn, other times they have other vegetables.
Perhaps I'm just blessed to live in a really great city.

--
jinx the minx
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 May 2016 15:52:07 -0500, jinx the minx
> wrote:

>Jeßus > wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 May 2016 21:15:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>>> farms here.

>> 'here' being a relative term, Julie.
>>
>>> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>>>
>>> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
>>> Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.
>>> There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
>>> Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says it
>>> has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
>>> seems to sell less variety.

>> Clearly you would have to go just a /little/ out of your way for a
>> farm stand as you live in a built up area. Nobody to my knowledge
>> suggested otherwise, it would be pretty stupid if they did.
>>

>OTOH, I live in a large metropolitan area and I have no difficulties
>finding "farm stands" or "vegetable stands" featuring locally grown produce
>that have been set up in parking lots, on corners, by gas stations, etc
>during the height of our summer growing season. Sometimes it's just a
>pickup truck filled with corn, other times they have other vegetables.
>Perhaps I'm just blessed to live in a really great city.

Could be that you do? Here in Aus availability of 'farm stands' varies
between the major cities. Some places are better than others in that
regard.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Je_us wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Mon, 30 May 2016 21:15:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
> > I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we
> > have no farms here.

> 'here' being a relative term, Julie.
>
> > http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/king-17?se
> > arch_api_views_fulltext=&page=1
> >
> > As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds,
> > Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I
> > normally frequent. There are two listed in Woodinville but they
> > are not in the part of Woodinville where we normally go. I will
> > check the out though. One says it has a farm stand. Not sure if the
> > other one does. The one with the stand seems to sell less variety.

> Clearly you would have to go just a little out of your way for a
> farm stand as you live in a built up area. Nobody to my knowledge
> suggested otherwise, it would be pretty stupid if they did.

I hvae to smile at 'built up area'. No offense but I live in the 30th
largest city in the USA (I think that is how it is marked) and
surrounded by serveral ones that are in the top 50 abutting it.

I do not say we are NY city or DC, but we are pretty sizable and even I
can find fresh market stuff that isnt at a grocery store, and within 4
miles of me.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 5/31/2016 9:08 AM, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...
>>
>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>> farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington
> Bothell /'b???l/ BOTH-?l is a city located in King and Snohomish
> Counties in the State of Washington
>
> Pity you didn't look in Snohomish; there's 39 listed here
>
> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/snohomish-
> 31?search_api_views_fulltext=
>

> Janet UK

Narrow search or not, she apparently felt *compelled* to start a new
thread about this. I guess my post about the Nice Haul at a farm stand
last Saturday bothered her. That, or the many replies and thread drift
that had nothing to do with her. <shrugh> It appears she has to try to
prove she lives in a different universe from the rest of the US.

Jill

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, says...
>>
>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>> farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington
> Bothell /'b???l/ BOTH-?l is a city located in King and Snohomish
> Counties in the State of Washington
>
> Pity you didn't look in Snohomish; there's 39 listed here
>
> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/snohomish-
> 31?search_api_views_fulltext=

I did look there. There are plenty of farms in Snohomish county and I do
live in Snohomish county. But it encompasses a very large area and there are
no farms in that country near me. Most likely the two in Woodinville and in
King county would be the closest. Perhaps the pumpkin farm in the city of
Snohomish is the same distance. Most likely further away. But I have no
interest in pumpkins.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Roy" > wrote in message
On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 7:08:34 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
> In article >, says...
> >
> > I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
> > farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington
> Bothell /'b???l/ BOTH-?l is a city located in King and Snohomish
> Counties in the State of Washington
>
> Pity you didn't look in Snohomish; there's 39 listed here
>
> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/snohomish-
> 31?search_api_views_fulltext=
>

> Janet UK

Are you suggesting that Julie was not being very diligent in her searching?
Perhaps she was a bit hasty in drawing conclusions so as to let her off the
hook...so to speak. Now that farms have been "discovered" close by she will
correct her first assumption no doubt.
====

They haven't been discovered because they are not near me. I specifically
listed the cities where I commonly go. No farms there. I do know that there
are farms in places like Carnation and Arlington. They are not places I go
and I have no need to go there. I certainly would never drive that far to go
to a farm. Except perhaps for when Angela was little and we took her to one
of the petting zoos there.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Jeßus" > wrote in message
news
> On Mon, 30 May 2016 21:15:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>
>>I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>>farms here.

> 'here' being a relative term, Julie.
>
>>http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>>
>>As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
>>Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.
>>There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
>>Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says it
>>has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
>>seems to sell less variety.

> Clearly you would have to go just a /little/ out of your way for a
> farm stand as you live in a built up area. Nobody to my knowledge
> suggested otherwise, it would be pretty stupid if they did.

Well, then you were looking because many people claimed that we had them
here where I live.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> Jeßus > wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 May 2016 21:15:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>>> farms here.

>> 'here' being a relative term, Julie.
>>
>>> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>>>
>>> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds,
>>> Lynnwood,
>>> Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally
>>> frequent.
>>> There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
>>> Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says
>>> it
>>> has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
>>> seems to sell less variety.

>> Clearly you would have to go just a /little/ out of your way for a
>> farm stand as you live in a built up area. Nobody to my knowledge
>> suggested otherwise, it would be pretty stupid if they did.
>>

> OTOH, I live in a large metropolitan area and I have no difficulties
> finding "farm stands" or "vegetable stands" featuring locally grown
> produce
> that have been set up in parking lots, on corners, by gas stations, etc
> during the height of our summer growing season. Sometimes it's just a
> pickup truck filled with corn, other times they have other vegetables.
> Perhaps I'm just blessed to live in a really great city.
>
> --
> jinx the minx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jinx the minx" > wrote in message
> Jeßus > wrote:
>> On Mon, 30 May 2016 21:15:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>>> farms here.

>> 'here' being a relative term, Julie.
>>
>>> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>>>
>>> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds,
>>> Lynnwood,
>>> Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally
>>> frequent.
>>> There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
>>> Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says
>>> it
>>> has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
>>> seems to sell less variety.

>> Clearly you would have to go just a /little/ out of your way for a
>> farm stand as you live in a built up area. Nobody to my knowledge
>> suggested otherwise, it would be pretty stupid if they did.
>>

> OTOH, I live in a large metropolitan area and I have no difficulties
> finding "farm stands" or "vegetable stands" featuring locally grown
> produce
> that have been set up in parking lots, on corners, by gas stations, etc
> during the height of our summer growing season. Sometimes it's just a
> pickup truck filled with corn, other times they have other vegetables.
> Perhaps I'm just blessed to live in a really great city.

Hmmm... I don't recall ever living in any place where they had such things.
We get occasional Kettle Corn stands and the one Big Lots has a hot dog cart
once in a while. There are a few taco trucks. And some years ago we had
people selling blankets and velvet paintings. Now you will see a few flower
sellers. But not fruits and vegetables with the exception of the cherries
and strawberries.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 5/31/2016 9:08 AM, Janet wrote:
>> In article >, says...
>>>
>>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>>> farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

>> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington
>> Bothell /'b???l/ BOTH-?l is a city located in King and Snohomish
>> Counties in the State of Washington
>>
>> Pity you didn't look in Snohomish; there's 39 listed here
>>
>> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/snohomish-
>> 31?search_api_views_fulltext=
>>

>> Janet UK
>>

> Narrow search or not, she apparently felt *compelled* to start a new
> thread about this. I guess my post about the Nice Haul at a farm stand
> last Saturday bothered her. That, or the many replies and thread drift
> that had nothing to do with her. <shrugh> It appears she has to try to
> prove she lives in a different universe from the rest of the US.

No Jill. Your post didn't bother me at all. Someone just posted that link on
Facebook. And people here kept insisting that we must have farm stands. I
looked. We don't.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 8:47:38 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 5/31/2016 9:08 AM, Janet wrote:
> > In article >, says...
> >>
> >> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
> >> farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington
> > Bothell /'b???l/ BOTH-?l is a city located in King and Snohomish
> > Counties in the State of Washington
> >
> > Pity you didn't look in Snohomish; there's 39 listed here
> >
> > http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/snohomish-
> > 31?search_api_views_fulltext=
> >

> > Janet UK
> >

> Narrow search or not, she apparently felt *compelled* to start a new
> thread about this. I guess my post about the Nice Haul at a farm stand
> last Saturday bothered her. That, or the many replies and thread drift
> that had nothing to do with her. <shrugh> It appears she has to try to
> prove she lives in a different universe from the rest of the US.
>
> Jill

Do I recall that she used to belong to a CSA? Where did those
boxes of produce come from, I wonder? Had to be a farm.

I'm willing to believe there aren't any farm stands in her
usual orbit, that she's unwilling to leave her usual orbit to
find them, and that she'd rather complain on Usenet about
crappy produce in her local grocery stores than put forth the
effort (time and/or money) required to obtain good produce.

I sometimes get lackluster lettuce at my usual grocery, but I
don't feel obliged to tell people halfway around the world that
it was unsatisfactory.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article >, says...

> "Roy" > wrote in message
> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 7:08:34 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
> > In article >,
says...

> > > I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
> > > farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington
> > Bothell /'b???l/ BOTH-?l is a city located in King and Snohomish
> > Counties in the State of Washington
> >
> > Pity you didn't look in Snohomish; there's 39 listed here
> >
> > http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/snohomish-
> > 31?search_api_views_fulltext=
> >

> > Janet UK

> Are you suggesting that Julie was not being very diligent in her searching?
> Perhaps she was a bit hasty in drawing conclusions so as to let her off the
> hook...so to speak. Now that farms have been "discovered" close by she will
> correct her first assumption no doubt.
> ====
>
> They haven't been discovered because they are not near me. I specifically
> listed the cities where I commonly go. No farms there. I do know that there
> are farms in places like Carnation and Arlington. They are not places I go
> and I have no need to go there.

However, that's very different from your previous statement

WE HAVE NO FARMS HERE

Janet.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tue, 31 May 2016 23:41:22 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Jeßus" > wrote in message
>news
>> On Mon, 30 May 2016 21:15:10 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>>I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>>>farms here.

>> 'here' being a relative term, Julie.
>>
>>>http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>>>
>>>As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
>>>Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.
>>>There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
>>>Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says it
>>>has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
>>>seems to sell less variety.

>> Clearly you would have to go just a /little/ out of your way for a
>> farm stand as you live in a built up area. Nobody to my knowledge
>> suggested otherwise, it would be pretty stupid if they did.

>Well, then you were looking because many people claimed that we had them
>here where I live.

"where I live" being a very flexible term with you.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Janet" > wrote in message
.. .
> In article >, says...
>>
>> "Roy" > wrote in message
>> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 7:08:34 AM UTC-6, Janet wrote:
>> > In article >,
says...

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

>> > https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bothell,_Washington
>> > Bothell /'b???l/ BOTH-?l is a city located in King and Snohomish
>> > Counties in the State of Washington
>> >
>> > Pity you didn't look in Snohomish; there's 39 listed here
>> >
>> > http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/snohomish-
>> > 31?search_api_views_fulltext=
>> >

>> > Janet UK

>> Are you suggesting that Julie was not being very diligent in her
>> searching?
>> Perhaps she was a bit hasty in drawing conclusions so as to let her off
>> the
>> hook...so to speak. Now that farms have been "discovered" close by she
>> will
>> correct her first assumption no doubt.
>> ====
>>
>> They haven't been discovered because they are not near me. I specifically
>> listed the cities where I commonly go. No farms there. I do know that
>> there
>> are farms in places like Carnation and Arlington. They are not places I
>> go
>> and I have no need to go there.

> However, that's very different from your previous statement
>
> WE HAVE NO FARMS HERE

And we don't! Do you see one listed in Bothell? If so, get your head
checked. You're seeing things.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 16:12:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Janet" > wrote in message
. ..
>> In article >, says...

says...

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

>>> Are you suggesting that Julie was not being very diligent in her
>>> searching?
>>> Perhaps she was a bit hasty in drawing conclusions so as to let her off
>>> the
>>> hook...so to speak. Now that farms have been "discovered" close by she
>>> will
>>> correct her first assumption no doubt.
>>> ====
>>>
>>> They haven't been discovered because they are not near me. I specifically
>>> listed the cities where I commonly go. No farms there. I do know that
>>> there
>>> are farms in places like Carnation and Arlington. They are not places I
>>> go
>>> and I have no need to go there.

>> However, that's very different from your previous statement
>>
>> WE HAVE NO FARMS HERE

>And we don't! Do you see one listed in Bothell? If so, get your head
>checked. You're seeing things.

Farms are not generally located in urban areas. You find them away
from town, in the countryside. There's more space for the fields.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 16:12:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Janet" > wrote in message
>>> In article >, says...

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

>>> However, that's very different from your previous statement
>>>
>>> WE HAVE NO FARMS HERE

>>And we don't! Do you see one listed in Bothell? If so, get your head
>>checked. You're seeing things.

> Farms are not generally located in urban areas. You find them away
> from town, in the countryside. There's more space for the fields.

Of course they're not. I'm not in an urban area either. I'm in the suburbs.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 19:11:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 16:12:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:
>>

>>>"Janet" > wrote in message
t...

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

>>>And we don't! Do you see one listed in Bothell? If so, get your head
>>>checked. You're seeing things.

>> Farms are not generally located in urban areas. You find them away
>> from town, in the countryside. There's more space for the fields.

>Of course they're not. I'm not in an urban area either. I'm in the suburbs.

Farms are not usually found in the suburbs, either. Property in/near
urban areas and/or suburbs is too expensive to be used as farmland.
Imagine if there was a 200 acre field near where you live. A developer
would buy it up and put in a subdivision. Farms exist in areas away
from where people are likely to live.

Doris
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Doris Night" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 19:11:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 16:12:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"

et...

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

>>> Farms are not generally located in urban areas. You find them away
>>> from town, in the countryside. There's more space for the fields.

>>Of course they're not. I'm not in an urban area either. I'm in the
>>suburbs.

> Farms are not usually found in the suburbs, either. Property in/near
> urban areas and/or suburbs is too expensive to be used as farmland.
> Imagine if there was a 200 acre field near where you live. A developer
> would buy it up and put in a subdivision. Farms exist in areas away
> from where people are likely to live.
>
> Doris

Yes. I know.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 01 Jun 2016 23:10:14 -0400, Doris Night
> wrote:

>On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 19:11:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:
>

>>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
. ..
>>> On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 16:12:24 -0700, "Julie Bove"

et...

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

>>> Farms are not generally located in urban areas. You find them away
>>> from town, in the countryside. There's more space for the fields.

>>Of course they're not. I'm not in an urban area either. I'm in the suburbs.

>Farms are not usually found in the suburbs, either. Property in/near
>urban areas and/or suburbs is too expensive to be used as farmland.
>Imagine if there was a 200 acre field near where you live. A developer
>would buy it up and put in a subdivision. Farms exist in areas away
>from where people are likely to live.
>
>Doris

Long Isalnd is The Suburbs but contains many, MANY farms and
financially they are doing very well... all kinds of farmland
surrounded by expensive subsivisions... there are typical farms like
potatoes, brussels sprouts, all kinds of squash, berries, cabbage,
most any crop one can think of. Then all the orchards; apples, plums,
peaches, apricots.nectarines, all sorts of stone fruit. And
relatively recently, wine grapes, major vineyards. And of course the
most prosperous of all, huge sod farms:
http://delaliosod.com/index.html
http://davispeachfarm.com/
http://www.lifb.com/
http://www.lifb.com/BUYLOCAL/FindaFa...8/Default.aspx

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 23:36:56 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

>"Doris Night" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 1 Jun 2016 19:11:16 -0700, "Julie Bove"
>> > wrote:

. net...

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1

>>>Of course they're not. I'm not in an urban area either. I'm in the
>>>suburbs.

>> Farms are not usually found in the suburbs, either. Property in/near
>> urban areas and/or suburbs is too expensive to be used as farmland.
>> Imagine if there was a 200 acre field near where you live. A developer
>> would buy it up and put in a subdivision. Farms exist in areas away
>> from where people are likely to live.
>>
>> Doris

>Yes. I know.

Not necessarilly true.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/1/2016 6:23 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> Do I recall that she used to belong to a CSA? Where did those
> boxes of produce come from, I wonder? Had to be a farm.

Yes, she did. And complained about getting bad produce or things she
didn't order/couldn't use or whatever. Nothing ever works for her.

> I'm willing to believe there aren't any farm stands in her
> usual orbit, that she's unwilling to leave her usual orbit

I'd agree with that.

> I sometimes get lackluster lettuce at my usual grocery, but I
> don't feel obliged to tell people halfway around the world that
> it was unsatisfactory.
>
> Cindy Hamilton

I rarely get bad produce but then I don't buy something if it looks like
it's about to spoil, no matter how cheap it is.

When you say "lackluster lettuce" you don't mean you buy it, take it
home then toss it out within 2 days, right? Wasn't she touting those
Green Bags for produce storage last year or was that someone else?

Jill
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"jmcquown" > wrote in message
> On 6/1/2016 6:23 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
>> Do I recall that she used to belong to a CSA? Where did those
>> boxes of produce come from, I wonder? Had to be a farm.
>>

> Yes, she did. And complained about getting bad produce or things she
> didn't order/couldn't use or whatever. Nothing ever works for her.

Of course it was a farm but it was not near here. They did conveniently
deliver. But they didn't deliver a lot of things that we do eat. Like baby
carrots. I found myself still having to go to the store for things like
certain kinds of onions when I needed them but they were not offered. And
tossing out a lot of things that we just plain wouldn't eat. Like most of
the fruit.

I took my friend to the Shoreline Fred Meyer and we both left with very
little produce. I don't know if it is the drought or what. Most of it is
very overpriced and just not fresh. That area is about an hour from me. I
did see signs announcing a farmer's market which I think will be new to the
area. I will ask her. Her friend who was unable to go with us due to an ER
visit last night is low income and qualifies for coupons for a farmer's
market. They used to go to one in the Lake Forest Park area. But this one
would be closer. I may be doing the driving for the two of them for awhile.
Her friend has no car. We'll see. If I do go, I will report back.

>> I'm willing to believe there aren't any farm stands in her
>> usual orbit, that she's unwilling to leave her usual orbit
>>

> I'd agree with that.
>
>> I sometimes get lackluster lettuce at my usual grocery, but I
>> don't feel obliged to tell people halfway around the world that
>> it was unsatisfactory.
>>
>> Cindy Hamilton

> I rarely get bad produce but then I don't buy something if it looks like
> it's about to spoil, no matter how cheap it is.
>
> When you say "lackluster lettuce" you don't mean you buy it, take it home
> then toss it out within 2 days, right? Wasn't she touting those Green
> Bags for produce storage last year or was that someone else?

That was someone else. I did buy those years ago. They actually made the
produce rot more quickly. Since then I have bought various washable bags.
The ones for onions and potatoes are working well with the exception of the
one time but it has been long enough ago now, I can't remember what went
wrong.

The problem is... I buy something that looks fresh and then two days later
it isn't. I have stored things properly. A firm pepper goes wrinkled. This
just happened with the green pepper I bought. I also bought red, yellow and
orange at the same time. Those were still good. I didn't toss the green one.
I put it in soup. Bought tomatoes only to have them go totally soft with
loose skins. I did buy a huge pack of tomatoes at Costco. They were more
than we could eat fresh so those went into the soup as well. But the onions
were what really got me. I can't remember where I got them. Three white
ones. I did check them well and they were firm and fine. But 2 days later,
they were soft and moldy.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thursday, June 2, 2016 at 7:03:00 PM UTC-4, Jill McQuown wrote:
> On 6/1/2016 6:23 AM, Cindy Hamilton wrote:
> > Do I recall that she used to belong to a CSA? Where did those
> > boxes of produce come from, I wonder? Had to be a farm.
> >

> Yes, she did. And complained about getting bad produce or things she
> didn't order/couldn't use or whatever. Nothing ever works for her.
>
> > I'm willing to believe there aren't any farm stands in her
> > usual orbit, that she's unwilling to leave her usual orbit
> >

> I'd agree with that.
>
> > I sometimes get lackluster lettuce at my usual grocery, but I
> > don't feel obliged to tell people halfway around the world that
> > it was unsatisfactory.
> >
> > Cindy Hamilton

> I rarely get bad produce but then I don't buy something if it looks like
> it's about to spoil, no matter how cheap it is.
>
> When you say "lackluster lettuce" you don't mean you buy it, take it
> home then toss it out within 2 days, right?

That's right. Sometimes the lettuce is a little wilted, or shows
signs of having been jammed too hard into a crate, or (rarely) looks
like it caught a little frost on the journey from California to
Michigan in a particularly cold winter. But I just remove the
outer leaves and the rest is fine.

Cindy Hamilton
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:15:24 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
> farms here.
>
> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>
> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
> Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.
> There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
> Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says it
> has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
> seems to sell less variety.

Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

Posted to rec.food.cooking

> wrote in message
> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:15:24 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>> farms here.
>>
>> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>>
>> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
>> Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.
>> There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
>> Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says
>> it
>> has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
>> seems to sell less variety.

> Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
> http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

Yep. I went there a few times. Small amount of lousy, overpriced produce.
Nothing any different than what the grocery stores had. Tons of other things
for sale that were not food and of no interest to me. Although my daughter
did buy me some cat earrings once. Parking is hard to find. You might drive
around for an hour until you get a spot. And if it has been raining, you'll
park in mud and hope you can get out.

Apparently they are tearing out the children's play area to put in yet more
housing. The little train is in disrepair so no longer running. They are
building a new play area on another side of the property. Perhaps more
parking will go in there too. They certainly need it.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 1:06:45 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:15:24 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> >> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
> >> farms here.
> >>
> >> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
> >>
> >> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
> >> Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 12:06:29 -0700, "Julie Bove"
> wrote:

> wrote in message
>> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:15:24 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>>> farms here.
>>>
>>> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>>>
>>> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds, Lynnwood,
>>> Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I normally frequent.
>>> There are two listed in Woodinville but they are not in the part of
>>> Woodinville where we normally go. I will check the out though. One says
>>> it
>>> has a farm stand. Not sure if the other one does. The one with the stand
>>> seems to sell less variety.

>> Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
>> http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

>Yep. I went there a few times. Small amount of lousy, overpriced produce.
>Nothing any different than what the grocery stores had. Tons of other things
>for sale that were not food and of no interest to me. Although my daughter
>did buy me some cat earrings once. Parking is hard to find. You might drive
>around for an hour until you get a spot. And if it has been raining, you'll
>park in mud and hope you can get out.
>
>Apparently they are tearing out the children's play area to put in yet more
>housing. The little train is in disrepair so no longer running. They are
>building a new play area on another side of the property. Perhaps more
>parking will go in there too. They certainly need it.

I always feel so uplifted after reading your inspiringly positive
posts Jules...
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 12:23:02 -0700 (PDT), Roy >
wrote:

>On Saturday, June 4, 2016 at 1:06:45 PM UTC-6, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>> > Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
>> > http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

>> Yep. I went there a few times. Small amount of lousy, overpriced produce.
>> Nothing any different than what the grocery stores had. Tons of other things
>> for sale that were not food and of no interest to me. Although my daughter
>> did buy me some cat earrings once. Parking is hard to find. You might drive
>> around for an hour until you get a spot. And if it has been raining, you'll
>> park in mud and hope you can get out.
>>
>> Apparently they are tearing out the children's play area to put in yet more
>> housing. The little train is in disrepair so no longer running. They are
>> building a new play area on another side of the property. Perhaps more
>> parking will go in there too. They certainly need it.

>A bit of negativity in that posting Julie...actually it sounds like it might provide some nice in-season fruit and vegetables for the discerning populace. The web-site would suggest that there is quite a variety of fresh farm-grown produce as well as home crafts, etc.
>====

I think its safe to say Julie can never be pleased with anything.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:15:24 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
> > I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we
> > have no farms here.

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/king-17?se
> > arch_api_views_fulltext=&page=1
> >
> > As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds,
> > Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I
> > normally frequent. There are two listed in Woodinville but they
> > are not in the part of Woodinville where we normally go. I will
> > check the out though. One says it has a farm stand. Not sure if the
> > other one does. The one with the stand seems to sell less variety.

> Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
> http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

Stacks up well by pictures with the main one here!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 15:17:07 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:

wrote in rec.food.cooking:

>> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:15:24 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>> > I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we
>> > have no farms here.
>> >
>> > http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/king-17?se
>> > arch_api_views_fulltext=&page=1
>> >
>> > As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds,
>> > Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I
>> > normally frequent. There are two listed in Woodinville but they
>> > are not in the part of Woodinville where we normally go. I will
>> > check the out though. One says it has a farm stand. Not sure if the
>> > other one does. The one with the stand seems to sell less variety.

>> Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
>> http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

>Stacks up well by pictures with the main one here!

here too. Saturday mornings 9-1. 4 city streets blocked off. Yup.
You do have to find a parking space and it is meant to be walked.

Janet US
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Janet B wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> On Sat, 04 Jun 2016 15:17:07 -0500, "cshenk" > wrote:
>
> > wrote in rec.food.cooking:

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/king-17?se

> the >> > other one does. The one with the stand seems to sell less
> variety. >>
> >> Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
> >> http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

> > Stacks up well by pictures with the main one here!

> here too. Saturday mornings 9-1. 4 city streets blocked off. Yup.
> You do have to find a parking space and it is meant to be walked.
>
> Janet US

I love such places. I bring my cane that has a flip out seat now since
I can't walk long but I can rest with that and utterly enjoy the day
with that!

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On 6/4/2016 2:06 PM, Julie Bove wrote:

> > wrote in message
>> On Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at 12:15:24 AM UTC-4, Julie Bove wrote:
>>> I just found this link and it will prove to you naysayer that we have no
>>> farms here.
>>>
>>> http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...lltext=&page=1
>>>

>>> As you can see, there are none in Bothell, Mill Creek, Edmonds,
>>> Lynnwood, Mountlake Terrace or even Everett. All of the places I
>>> normally frequent. There are two listed in Woodinville but they
>>> are not in the part of Woodinville where we normally go. I will
>>> check the out though. One says it has a farm stand. Not sure if
>>> the other one does. The one with the stand seems to sell less
>>> variety.

>> Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
>> http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

> Yep. I went there a few times. Small amount of lousy, overpriced
> produce. Nothing any different than what the grocery stores had. Tons of
> other things for sale that were not food and of no interest to me.
> Although my daughter did buy me some cat earrings once. Parking is hard
> to find. You might drive around for an hour until you get a spot. And if
> it has been raining, you'll park in mud and hope you can get out.

Bove is caught again in yet another one of her "stories" - er lies!
Bove claims there are no "farm stands" where she lives, yet here is a
weekly "farmers market" (stand) in her vicinity! Yeah - there's no such
thing as a farm stand/market where bove lives - that's bove's story and
bove's sticks to that! Yeah, right - keep digging that hole a whole lot
deeper, bove!

Sky

================================
Kitchen Rule #1 - Use the timer!
Kitchen Rule #2 - Cook's choice!
================================

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Cheryl wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> "cshenk" > Wrote in message:
> > wrote in rec.food.cooking:

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/king-17?se

> the >> > other one does. The one with the stand seems to sell less
> variety. >>
> >> Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
> >> http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

> > Stacks up well by pictures with the main one here!
> >

> It does! I like the variety and the number of vendors is more than
> we have here on a weekly basis. I guess anyone can make it look
> inviting with a nice website and it can only be judged in person.
> But based on that I'd visIt if I am having a good day for walking.

I actually only went to our nearest (of several local ones) 3 weeks ago
and was startled to have a fun time. Sure some of it is pretty pricy,
but a lot of it is not and it's local grown stuff as soon as it crops
in here.

Carol

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Sat, 4 Jun 2016 18:20:59 -0400 (EDT), Cheryl
> wrote:

>"cshenk" > Wrote in message:
>> wrote in rec.food.cooking:

http://www.pugetsoundfresh.org/farms...nty/king-17?se

>>> Look what opened up for the season yesterday in Bothell:
>>> http://www.countryvillagebothell.com...farmers-market

>> Stacks up well by pictures with the main one here!
>>

>It does! I like the variety and the number of vendors is more than we have here on a weekly basis. I guess anyone can make it look inviting with a nice website and it can only be judged in person. But based on that I'd visIt if I am having a good day for walking.

Of course, it isn't like the supermarket where you can get all
different kinds of produce every day of the week all year long. There
is this fellow here that shows up just until the end of June. He
sells the most amazing beets. Super large, super sweet and fiberless.
Gotta get there early though, otherwise they are gone. I like to go
early anyway before the day gets too warm.
Janet US

family farms ImStillMags General Cooking 3 25-02-2010 09:15 PM
Walden Farms Caramel Dip Julie Bove Diabetic 0 21-08-2008 04:23 AM
Tea Farms in Japan Joel Dietz Tea 0 06-03-2008 07:49 AM
Organic farms using NO pesticides better for soil and outproduceconventional farms. Beach Runner Vegan 2 31-12-2005 11:24 PM
Morning Farms Vaine Vegan 2 11-05-2004 01:15 AM