Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default Pinot Noir Cuttings

Hi the

I would like plant some Pinot Noir Clone 115. Does anyboby know where
I could get a dozen or so cuttings?

Thanks!
Steve noobie
Oregon
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

spud wrote:
> Hi the
>
> I would like plant some Pinot Noir Clone 115. Does anyboby know where
> I could get a dozen or so cuttings?
>
> Thanks!
> Steve noobie
> Oregon

Just a word of caution, if you live anywhere in the USA, you need to
graft the PN Clone 115 onto some resistant root stock. Just getting some
cuttings and planting/rooting will result in a plant that will die
within a few years.
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

woodwerks:

Yup, the Peoples Republic of Oregon is still in the U.S..
Thanks for the heads up.

Steve noobie
Oregon

On Wed, 12 Apr 2006 12:31:52 -0500, woodwerks
> wrote:
>
>Just a word of caution, if you live anywhere in the USA, you need to
>graft the PN Clone 115 onto some resistant root stock. Just getting some
>cuttings and planting/rooting will result in a plant that will die
>within a few years.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Rob wrote:
> > Just getting some cuttings and planting/rooting will result
> > in a plant that will die within a few years.

> I assume you're referring to Phyloxerra - is it so prevalent that it
> will find any vineyard anywhere? I would figure that reasonable care
> (don't share equipment, etc.) would keep it away from a vineyard
> planted well separated (miles) from other vineyards.

I think it's pretty prevalent (depending on soil type) and it can be so
devastating to the vineyard that, personally, I don't think it's worth
the risk. You can pick up grafted grape vines fairly inexpensively.
Spending the time for the care and feeding of non-grafted vines for a
couple of years just to have them die just when they start to produce
fruit would be pretty discouraging to me.

Andy

Pinot Noir aesthete8 Wine 6 11-12-2010 04:48 PM
Best Pinot Noir within $40? Professor Wine 31 11-12-2006 02:22 AM
Pinot Noir Mike Winemaking 9 11-09-2004 12:45 AM
Pinot Noir Tasting Xyzsch Wine 0 18-04-2004 07:30 AM
Pinot Noir ernie Winemaking 4 10-04-2004 10:08 PM