Default QUESTION ON TERMS

hi, i have learned alot from reading posts here, and want to say thank
you for the expert advice you share here. my quesrion is : what does
rack, carboy and the other winemaking terms used mean? best regards,
lucas

Ray Calvert

> wrote in message
> hi, i have learned alot from reading posts here, and want to say thank
> you for the expert advice you share here. my quesrion is : what does
> rack, carboy and the other winemaking terms used mean? best regards,
> lucas

Carboy - a container used in wine making. It is usually a glass jug that
can be sealed with a bung and airlock.

Rack - the process of siphoning from one carboy to another with the purpose
of leaving sediment behind. As wine clears and sediment falls out you
"rack" the clear wine off the sediment.

Other wine making terms - other terms used in making wine.

Ray

lucas wrote:" hi, i have learned alot from reading posts here, and want
to say thank you for the expert advice you share here. my quesrion is :
what does rack, carboy and the other winemaking terms used mean? best
thank you for your answers. lucas

Terms for meals KenK General Cooking 41 29-01-2014 08:19 PM
Hawaiian Cooking Terms. James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 16 14-10-2011 10:39 PM
OT New Terms Dimitri General Cooking 18 14-06-2008 12:21 AM
Here is my question on steaks and other terms Amanda General Cooking 7 23-12-2006 08:03 PM
Bai vs Mao Chinese tea terms Melinda Tea 39 22-06-2005 06:36 PM