Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default OT New Terms

Everything Old is new again

New term - Old Term

Obama Republicans - Reagan Democrats

Bush Garden - Victory Garden

What else?

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri said...

> Everything Old is new again
>
> New term - Old Term
>
> Obama Republicans - Reagan Democrats
>
> Bush Garden - Victory Garden
>

> What else?

Tomato Tomahto?

You're taxing a tired and overheated brain, ya BUM!!!

Andy

Posted to rec.food.cooking

==============================

Carmina, Carmana
Burina, Burnna
Let's Carl the whole thing Orff . . .

Lynn in Fargo
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed 11 Jun 2008 09:43:08a, Lynn from Fargo told us...

> ==============================
>
> Carmina, Carmana
> Burina, Burnna
> Let's Carl the whole thing Orff . . .
>
> Lynn in Fargo

Well done!

--
Wayne Boatwright
Wednesday, 06(VI)/11(XI)/08(MMVIII)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Andy wrote:
> Dimitri said...
>
>> Everything Old is new again
>>
>> New term - Old Term
>>
>> Obama Republicans - Reagan Democrats
>>
>> Bush Garden - Victory Garden
>>

>> What else?

John McCain - Bush Lite

more tax cuts - mortgaging everyone's future

continuing war - unresolvable deficit

unchecked inflation - banana republic U.S. dollar

gloria p

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri said...

> Everything Old is new again
>
> New term - Old Term
>
> Obama Republicans - Reagan Democrats
>
> Bush Garden - Victory Garden

NC, KS, TX, TN.

Andy
Had KS.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
> Dimitri said...
>
>> Everything Old is new again
>>
>> New term - Old Term
>>
>> Obama Republicans - Reagan Democrats
>>
>> Bush Garden - Victory Garden

> NC, KS, TX, TN.
>

> Andy
> Had KS.

???? Q

Kansas City
North Carolina
Texas
Tennessee

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Dimitri said...

> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>> Dimitri said...
>>
>>> Everything Old is new again
>>>
>>> New term - Old Term
>>>
>>> Obama Republicans - Reagan Democrats
>>>
>>> Bush Garden - Victory Garden

>> NC, KS, TX, TN.
>>

>> Andy
>> Had KS.

> ???? Q
>
> Kansas City
> North Carolina
> Texas
> Tennessee

I know!

I gotta get around!

Andy
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:42:56 -0500, Andy <q> fired up random neurons
and synapses to opine:

>Dimitri said...
>

>> "Andy" <q> wrote in message ...
>>> Dimitri said...

>>> NC, KS, TX, TN.
>>>

>>> Andy
>>> Had KS.

>> ???? Q
>>
>> Kansas City
>> North Carolina
>> Texas
>> Tennessee

>I know!
>
>I gotta get around!

You channeling Craig Ferguson, Andy?

I f*cking *hate* Mr. McCain's politics. What this country *doesn't*
need is 4 more years of heartless conservatism.

OB: really, really good stir fry sauce:

@@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format

Stir-Fry Sauce

asian

3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
1/3 cup cornstarch
2 teaspoons ginger root; minced
(substitute 2 t. ground ginger)
4 cloves garlic; crushed
1/2 cup soy sauce
1/2 cup dry sherry
1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
3 tablespoons red wine; or white vinegar
2 1/2 cups chicken broth; or beef broth

Combine all ingredients except broth in food processor; cover and
process until smooth. Pour into a jar; add broth and shake.

Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze in 1 cup portions up to
3 months. Shake before using. Makes 4 cups.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd said...

> On Wed, 11 Jun 2008 18:42:56 -0500, Andy <q> fired up random neurons
> and synapses to opine:
>
>>Dimitri said...

>>> ???? Q
>>>
>>> Kansas City
>>> North Carolina
>>> Texas
>>> Tennessee

>>I know!
>>
>>I gotta get around!

> You channeling Craig Ferguson, Andy?
>
> I f*cking *hate* Mr. McCain's politics. What this country *doesn't*
> need is 4 more years of heartless conservatism.
>
> OB: really, really good stir fry sauce:
>
> @@@@@ Now You're Cooking! Export Format
>
> Stir-Fry Sauce
>
> asian
>
> 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
> 1/3 cup cornstarch
> 2 teaspoons ginger root; minced
> (substitute 2 t. ground ginger)
> 4 cloves garlic; crushed
> 1/2 cup soy sauce
> 1/2 cup dry sherry
> 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
> 3 tablespoons red wine; or white vinegar
> 2 1/2 cups chicken broth; or beef broth
>
> Combine all ingredients except broth in food processor; cover and
> process until smooth. Pour into a jar; add broth and shake.
>
> Store in refrigerator up to 2 weeks or freeze in 1 cup portions up to
> 3 months. Shake before using. Makes 4 cups.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Terry,

For all normal folks that sauce sounds delicious. For us diabetic/gout/hbp
folks it's a tease, dammit!!!

Andy
[whimper]

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
<snip>

> You channeling Craig Ferguson, Andy?
>
> I f*cking *hate* Mr. McCain's politics. What this country *doesn't*
> need is 4 more years of heartless conservatism.

<Great recipe snipped>

> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Squeaks;

Stop pussyfooting around and tell us what you really think.

LOL

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 06:52:31 -0500, Andy <q> fired up random neurons
and synapses to opine:

>For all normal folks that sauce sounds delicious. For us diabetic/gout/hbp
>folks it's a tease, dammit!!!
>

>Andy
>[whimper]

I'm sorry, sweetie. I'm healthy as a freakin' horse and tend to forget
other peoples' dietary restrictions, which is odd, considering my boss
is subject to gout and is also a celiac sprue "victim" (?). And I can
always tell when he's been cheating on his celiac diet, as he hot
foots it down the hall to the restroom all day long.

And what is "hbp," please?

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:20:07 -0700, "Dimitri" >
fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:

>"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
.. .
><snip>
>
>> You channeling Craig Ferguson, Andy?
>>
>> I f*cking *hate* Mr. McCain's politics. What this country *doesn't*
>> need is 4 more years of heartless conservatism.

><Great recipe snipped>
>

>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

>Squeaks;
>
>Stop pussyfooting around and tell us what you really think.

I just lived through 8 of the longest years of my life since Reagan
and the idea of living through even 4 of McCain makes me want to
retch. Not that I am lovin' Obama, just sayin' I'm going to write
myself in come November 3.

Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

-- Duncan Hines

To reply, replace "meatloaf" with "cox"

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd > wrote in
:

> And what is "hbp," please?

At a guess High Blood Pressure.

--

The house of the burning beet-Alan

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 18:21:44 -0700, Terry Pulliam Burd
> wrote:
>
>I just lived through 8 of the longest years of my life since Reagan
>and the idea of living through even 4 of McCain makes me want to
>retch. Not that I am lovin' Obama, just sayin' I'm going to write
>myself in come November 3.
>
>Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

but have you fully vetted yourself? are there any skeletons in your
closet along with the designer stuff?

your pal,
blake

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:

> I just lived through 8 of the longest years of my life since Reagan
> and the idea of living through even 4 of McCain makes me want to
> retch. Not that I am lovin' Obama, just sayin' I'm going to write
> myself in come November 3.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
> --

If I thought you were serious, I'd fly right there and smack you.
You know silly stuff like that is just another vote for McCain!

gloria p
Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:20:07 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>

>>"Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
. ..
>><snip>
>>
>>> You channeling Craig Ferguson, Andy?
>>>
>>> I f*cking *hate* Mr. McCain's politics. What this country *doesn't*
>>> need is 4 more years of heartless conservatism.

>><Great recipe snipped>
>>

>>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

>>Squeaks;
>>
>>Stop pussyfooting around and tell us what you really think.

> I just lived through 8 of the longest years of my life since Reagan
> and the idea of living through even 4 of McCain makes me want to
> retch. Not that I am lovin' Obama, just sayin' I'm going to write
> myself in come November 3.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Good Lord Squeaks please don't get me started.

I don't think this is the place - it certainly is the time without question.

If we start mixing politics and food I'll be on antacids until November

I must have been out of my mind o start this thread - I just though the
"Bush garden" could lighten up an otherwise dismal economic situation.

More than ever IMHO we need to keep a sense of humor or we can easily
break.

--
Old Scoundrel

(AKA Dimitri)

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Gloria P said...

> Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
>

>> I just lived through 8 of the longest years of my life since Reagan
>> and the idea of living through even 4 of McCain makes me want to
>> retch. Not that I am lovin' Obama, just sayin' I'm going to write
>> myself in come November 3.
>>
>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd
>> --

> If I thought you were serious, I'd fly right there and smack you.
> You know silly stuff like that is just another vote for McCain!
>
> gloria p

Better gloria p said it, than I did. WHEW!

So many challenges!

Can't we all just cook and just get along?!?

Andy
Chef Hatting in Media, PA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Terry Pulliam Burd wrote:
> On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 08:20:07 -0700, "Dimitri" >
> fired up random neurons and synapses to opine:
>
>> "Terry Pulliam Burd" > wrote in message
>> <snip>
>>
>>> You channeling Craig Ferguson, Andy?
>>>
>>> I f*cking *hate* Mr. McCain's politics. What this country *doesn't*
>>> need is 4 more years of heartless conservatism.

>> <Great recipe snipped>
>>

>>> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

>> Squeaks;
>>
>> Stop pussyfooting around and tell us what you really think.

> I just lived through 8 of the longest years of my life since Reagan
> and the idea of living through even 4 of McCain makes me want to
> retch. Not that I am lovin' Obama, just sayin' I'm going to write
> myself in come November 3.
>
> Terry "Squeaks" Pulliam Burd

Be sure to include your designer label apparel in that write-in.

Terms for meals KenK General Cooking 41 29-01-2014 08:19 PM
Hawaiian Cooking Terms. James Silverton[_4_] General Cooking 16 14-10-2011 10:39 PM
QUESTION ON TERMS [email protected] Winemaking 3 29-06-2005 07:34 PM
Bai vs Mao Chinese tea terms Melinda Tea 39 22-06-2005 06:36 PM
French Wine Terms. Bill McCarty Winemaking 7 07-10-2003 07:08 AM