billb

Default three slow ferments?

gee, i've been letting grape juice ferment itself for over a year on one
pack of yeast and have yet to have any problems with it, yet you have,
evidently, all sorts of problems.

i submit you are working to hard at it.

--
billb
Someday I'm gonna write a book on avoiding procrastination
"Dr. Richard E. Hawkins" > wrote in message
> With just one of these, I'd dismiss it as an aberration, bad data, or a
> bad ingredient. But three at once?
>
> Last weekend, I'd planned on racking an estate series Sauv Blaunc from
> wine merchant (? It's brewking's wine brand). It still had a rather
> thick layer on top (uhm, it's not a kraussen; that's beer. What do I
> call it), and had clearly not finished fermenting.
>
> I put it up again this week, and after nearly two weeks, it still has a
> thin layer of foam. The gravity was 1.008 this morning.
>
> I also started two new low-end kits from the same brand last weekend, a
> zin and a white zin. THis morning, after 6 days or so, there were about
> 1.030 and 1.020.
>
> The first floor, where they sit in the hall, is 68F by day and drops as
> low as 50F at night.
>
> Generally, I've seen full fermentation, or at the very least a drop to
> about 1.000, in a week.
>
> All of them came from leisure-time.com.
>
> Does this sound like something's goign on, or is this within normal
> quirky behavior?
>
> hawk
>

> --
> Richard E. Hawkins, J.D. Ph.D., Esq. /"\ ASCII ribbon

campaign
> (814) 375-4846 \ / against HTML mail
> Find commentary on law, economics, and X and postings.
> other issues of the day at dochawk.org! / \

billb