giovanni

Default Mulled Wine - help please

I have been asked to provide some Mulled Wine at a reception and, although I
can find all kinds of recipes or I can buy all kinds of packaged spices, I
would love to get "that special one" that has been proven successful. Any
'must have' ingredients? Could you help please?
Cheers, Giovanni.

giovanni wrote:
> I have been asked to provide some Mulled Wine at a reception and,

although I
> can find all kinds of recipes or I can buy all kinds of packaged

spices, I
> would love to get "that special one" that has been proven successful.

Any
> 'must have' ingredients? Could you help please?
> Cheers, Giovanni.

The Cat's Meow has a good recipe for mulled wine, over he
http://brewery.org/brewery/cm3/recs/12_48.html

William Frazier

Giovanni - Here's one I've made for at least 30 years.
1 bottle dry red wine...any kind will do
1 cup sugar
3 or 4 cinnamon sticks...broken up
several cloves
1 orange cut into slices and brused so the juice will escape

Heat to just before boiling, stiring to dissolve the sugar. Turn off heat.
Cover with a lid. Wait about 10 minutes. Serve hot.

Hope you like it.

Bill Frazier
Olathe, Kansas USA

"giovanni" > wrote in message
>I have been asked to provide some Mulled Wine at a reception and, although
> can find all kinds of recipes or I can buy all kinds of packaged spices, I
> would love to get "that special one" that has been proven successful. Any
> 'must have' ingredients? Could you help please?
> Cheers, Giovanni.

William Frazier

Mulled wine Brin Star General Cooking 0 12-01-2014 10:14 PM
Mulled wine Brin Star General Cooking 0 12-01-2014 10:13 PM
mulled wine advice please smoggy Wine 1 23-11-2007 02:26 PM
mulled wine advice please smoggy Winemaking 1 22-11-2007 10:02 PM
Mulled Wine Ray Calvert Winemaking 1 04-04-2007 09:43 PM