pinky

Default EVIL FBI SADISTS should be KIDNAPPED and TORTURED for 3 YEARS

I am reluctant to make this post.
I am posting individually on each of the NG's listed
Please, please, please will you all stop cross posting. It is, above all,
very boring, unwelcome and downright unpleasant.
Do not respond to this post!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire, England
"Gabriel" > wrote in message

> Jolly idea.. to start with, we could force them to drink the carrot wine I
> made a couple years back that went bad. Someone said "every wine improves
> if
> you leave it in the bottle long enough". They are so wrong.

>> Sadistic FBI agents should be tortured the way how FBI sadists and
>> perverts tortured this poor guy (non-muslim) for three years and
>> continue to torture him even after he left america tracking him with
>> implanted transponder chips and other methods.

> [...]

Volfie

"pinky" > wrote in message
. uk...
> I am reluctant to make this post.
> I am posting individually on each of the NG's listed
> Please, please, please will you all stop cross posting. It is, above all,
> very boring, unwelcome and downright unpleasant.
> Do not respond to this post!

On the other hand, if someone hadn't cross-posted it in the first place, I
wouldn't have found this group.

Giselle (looking to the bright side)

Bob

"Volfie" > wrote in message

> "pinky" > wrote in message
> . uk...
> > I am reluctant to make this post.
> > I am posting individually on each of the NG's listed
> > Please, please, please will you all stop cross posting. It is, above

all,
> > very boring, unwelcome and downright unpleasant.
> > Do not respond to this post!

> On the other hand, if someone hadn't cross-posted it in the first place, I
> wouldn't have found this group.
>
> Giselle (looking to the bright side)

Hi Giselle! Welcome to (hic!) the wine-making (hic!) group! :-)

Volfie

"Bob" > wrote in message

> "Volfie" > wrote in message
> >
> > "pinky" > wrote in message
> > . uk...
> > > I am reluctant to make this post.
> > > I am posting individually on each of the NG's listed
> > > Please, please, please will you all stop cross posting. It is, above

> all,
> > > very boring, unwelcome and downright unpleasant.
> > > Do not respond to this post!

> > On the other hand, if someone hadn't cross-posted it in the first place,

> > wouldn't have found this group.
> >
> > Giselle (looking to the bright side)
> >

> Hi Giselle! Welcome to (hic!) the wine-making (hic!) group! :-)

Hi, Bob! It was the hope of getting a carrot wine recipe that lured me over
here. I could never resist a good vegetable wine.

Giselle (*burp*)

Chuck

"Volfie" > wrote in message

snipped
> It was the hope of getting a carrot wine recipe that lured me over
> here. I could never resist a good vegetable wine.
>
> Giselle (*burp*)

This recipe is from Jack Keller's website.
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/index.asp

CARROT WHISKEY

It took a bit of research, but evenually I tracked down the recipe as having
first been published in a column by Noel Whitcomb in the London Daily Mirror
in the 1940's. He called it "whiskey" not because of a whiskey taste,
although wheat wines can taste like whiskey, but because of its richness in
taste and color. One thing is stressed very strongly, however, and that is
that the wine must age for a year before uncorking. Having said that, here's
the recipe.

Carrot Whiskey
a.. 6 lbs carrots
b.. 4 lbs finely granulated sugar
c.. 1 lb wheat
d.. 1 tblsp chopped raisins
e.. 2 oranges
f.. 2 lemons
g.. 7 pts water
h.. wine yeast
Scrub but do not peel the carrots. place them in 7 pints of water and bring
to boil, simmering gently until tender (about 25-30 minutes). Meanwhile, put
half the sugar in primary. Slice the oranges and lemons into thin slices and
arrange on top of sugar. When carrots are done, strain them, pouring the
water over the sugar and citrus. Stir to dissolve sugar and allow to cool to
lukewarm. Add chopped raisins and wheat and sprinkle wine yeast over top.
Cover with sterile cloth and set aside, stirring daily. After 6 days add
remainder of sugar and stir well to dissolve. Ferment additional 8 days,
stirring daily. Strain liquid into secondary and fit airlock. Rack after 30
days and again 30 days later. Bottle and taste after 1 year. [Adapted from
recipe by Noel Whitcomb, London Daily Mirror]

Chuck

"Volfie" > wrote in message

snipped
> It was the hope of getting a carrot wine recipe that lured me over
> here. I could never resist a good vegetable wine.
>
> Giselle (*burp*)

This recipe is from Jack Keller's website.
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/index.asp

CARROT WHISKEY

It took a bit of research, but evenually I tracked down the recipe as having
first been published in a column by Noel Whitcomb in the London Daily Mirror
in the 1940's. He called it "whiskey" not because of a whiskey taste,
although wheat wines can taste like whiskey, but because of its richness in
taste and color. One thing is stressed very strongly, however, and that is
that the wine must age for a year before uncorking. Having said that, here's
the recipe.

Carrot Whiskey
a.. 6 lbs carrots
b.. 4 lbs finely granulated sugar
c.. 1 lb wheat
d.. 1 tblsp chopped raisins
e.. 2 oranges
f.. 2 lemons
g.. 7 pts water
h.. wine yeast
Scrub but do not peel the carrots. place them in 7 pints of water and bring
to boil, simmering gently until tender (about 25-30 minutes). Meanwhile, put
half the sugar in primary. Slice the oranges and lemons into thin slices and
arrange on top of sugar. When carrots are done, strain them, pouring the
water over the sugar and citrus. Stir to dissolve sugar and allow to cool to
lukewarm. Add chopped raisins and wheat and sprinkle wine yeast over top.
Cover with sterile cloth and set aside, stirring daily. After 6 days add
remainder of sugar and stir well to dissolve. Ferment additional 8 days,
stirring daily. Strain liquid into secondary and fit airlock. Rack after 30
days and again 30 days later. Bottle and taste after 1 year. [Adapted from
recipe by Noel Whitcomb, London Daily Mirror]

Chuck

"Volfie" > wrote in message

snipped
> It was the hope of getting a carrot wine recipe that lured me over
> here. I could never resist a good vegetable wine.
>
> Giselle (*burp*)

This recipe is from Jack Keller's website.
http://winemaking.jackkeller.net/index.asp

CARROT WHISKEY

It took a bit of research, but evenually I tracked down the recipe as having
first been published in a column by Noel Whitcomb in the London Daily Mirror
in the 1940's. He called it "whiskey" not because of a whiskey taste,
although wheat wines can taste like whiskey, but because of its richness in
taste and color. One thing is stressed very strongly, however, and that is
that the wine must age for a year before uncorking. Having said that, here's
the recipe.

Carrot Whiskey
a.. 6 lbs carrots
b.. 4 lbs finely granulated sugar
c.. 1 lb wheat
d.. 1 tblsp chopped raisins
e.. 2 oranges
f.. 2 lemons
g.. 7 pts water
h.. wine yeast
Scrub but do not peel the carrots. place them in 7 pints of water and bring
to boil, simmering gently until tender (about 25-30 minutes). Meanwhile, put
half the sugar in primary. Slice the oranges and lemons into thin slices and
arrange on top of sugar. When carrots are done, strain them, pouring the
water over the sugar and citrus. Stir to dissolve sugar and allow to cool to
lukewarm. Add chopped raisins and wheat and sprinkle wine yeast over top.
Cover with sterile cloth and set aside, stirring daily. After 6 days add
remainder of sugar and stir well to dissolve. Ferment additional 8 days,
stirring daily. Strain liquid into secondary and fit airlock. Rack after 30
days and again 30 days later. Bottle and taste after 1 year. [Adapted from
recipe by Noel Whitcomb, London Daily Mirror]

Gabriel

Waaahhh.... I thought I only posted my reply to the wine group. I am not a
fan of off topic crossposting.

Hi, Giselle - regarding carrot wine, I used the recipe from the book "The
Joy of HomeWinemaking" by Terry Garey. I am sure that there are lots of
recipes out there - Jack Keller, who posts to this ng has piles of recipes
on his homepage, a link for which must be around here somewhere.

As to what went wrong... man.. it started out bad and it just got worse and
worse. There was a powerful sickly sweet chemical odour and aftertaste from
the very beginning. I can only surmise that something bad got in and made
itself at home in there.

I haven't tried it since. But I think that underneath there was a very
interesting taste - almost spicy? - that must have been the actual carrot
wine. I may try it again but for now I'll stick to the near-idiot-proof kits
I buy at the local vendor.

Cheers,

Gabriel

"Volfie" > wrote in message

[...]

> > I am reluctant to make this post.
> > I am posting individually on each of the NG's listed
> > Please, please, please will you all stop cross posting. It is, above

all,
> > very boring, unwelcome and downright unpleasant.
> > Do not respond to this post!

> On the other hand, if someone hadn't cross-posted it in the first place, I
> wouldn't have found this group.
>
> Giselle (looking to the bright side)

Gabriel

[...]

[...]