Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default new to wine making and group.

Hello. I thought I would make some wine from the garden's Red grapes.
I had enough to make two gallons. Now that both demijohns have
finished fermenting, I then racked both of demijohns of wine. Today I
thought I would rack and filter both again. Yet I appear to have one
demijohn pink and cloudy and the other to be nice and clear and strong
in colour. Have I done something wrong or am I being impatient. both
demijohns were subject to identical treatment at all time. I would
appreciate any help or advice.

Best wishes

Frank
Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Alexis Soyer" > wrote in message
> Hello. I thought I would make some wine from the garden's Red grapes.
> I had enough to make two gallons. Now that both demijohns have
> finished fermenting, I then racked both of demijohns of wine. Today I
> thought I would rack and filter both again. Yet I appear to have one
> demijohn pink and cloudy and the other to be nice and clear and strong
> in colour. Have I done something wrong or am I being impatient. both
> demijohns were subject to identical treatment at all time. I would
> appreciate any help or advice.

Sounds to me like you have something wrong with the one bottle. If the color
changed on you, I'd be suspicious.