Egis/CORE

Default Rotten Edd Odor

I recently had two test batches of Apple and Okra Blossom (at least I
think it was okra, I have only a translation from Thai to go by)
develop a rotten Egg odor -- probably from a lack of DHP.

In the past I have cured this problem by adding DHP and vigorous
racking, with much splashing.

Having read several messages here mentioning the use of copper to
counter H2O I stripped several inches of stranded copper electrical
wire and suspended it in the two batches. The first batch (apple) was
about 6 Lt. and I left the copper in the must for about four hours,
while I went to the market. When I returned the rotton egg odor had
completely disassipated. In the second batch (okra), about 1.5 Lt. I
suspended the copper in the must for one hour and the smell was
completely disassipated.

My question is that while this method seems to work, as far as
disassipating oders, have I unwittingly caused myself other problems
with metal contamination that I am unaware of?

In closing; I have read Lum's book and reviewed Jack's site but find
no specific references. I might also comment that here in Thailand
there is a real scaricity of any information regarding wine making.

Cheers,

Bruce
(k4556atinetdotcodotth)

Cheers,