Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default rotten egg smell

If you've installed new dry wall in the last five years and have a
rotten egg smell in your house, read this article. This affects
mainly people living in the South Eastern US who rebuilt after the
hurricanes.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/24/chi...all/index.html
There is a class action law suit you might want to join.

--
I love cooking with wine.
Sometimes I even put it in the food.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

sf wrote:

> If you've installed new dry wall in the last five years and have a
> rotten egg smell in your house, read this article. This affects
> mainly people living in the South Eastern US who rebuilt after the
> hurricanes.
> http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/24/chi...all/index.html
> There is a class action law suit you might want to join.

That's old news. You just heard about it?

Rob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 23, 4:27*pm, Rob > wrote:
> sf wrote:
>
> > If you've installed new dry wall in the last five years and have a
> > rotten egg smell in your house, read this article. *This affects
> > mainly people living in the South Eastern US who rebuilt after the
> > hurricanes.
> >http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/24/chi...all/index.html
> > There is a class action law suit you might want to join.

> That's old news. *You just heard about it?
>
> Rob

There was a big news report on it last night.
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Chemo the Clown wrote:
> On Nov 23, 4:27 pm, > wrote:
>> sf wrote:
>>
>>> If you've installed new dry wall in the last five years and have a
>>> rotten egg smell in your house, read this article. This affects
>>> mainly people living in the South Eastern US who rebuilt after the
>>> hurricanes.
>>> http://www.cnn.com/2009/US/03/24/chi...all/index.html
>>> There is a class action law suit you might want to join.

>> That's old news. You just heard about it?
>>
>> Rob

> There was a big news report on it last night.

It's almost a year old. They started removing it early this year.

Rob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rob wrote:
> Chemo the Clown wrote:

>>> That's old news. You just heard about it?
>>>
>>> Rob

>> There was a big news report on it last night.

> It's almost a year old. They started removing it early this year.
>
> Rob

Most of it appears to have been installed in the reworking of homes
damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Rita. The drywall, aka sheetrock, has
a gray appearance at the cut edges versus the white of pure gypsum drywall.

We had to replace the ceiling the living room and the hallway due to
rain damage where tree limbs went through the roof. Our contractor was
aware of the problems with Chinese drywall in March of 2006 when we
finally were able to get the work done. He checked it out throughly and
showed me how to tell, both by the H2S smell and the color.

Lots installed along the Mississippi coast and in the New Orleans area
to my understanding.

Posted to rec.food.cooking

George Shirley > wrote:

>Most of it appears to have been installed in the reworking of homes
>damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Rita. The drywall, aka sheetrock, has
>a gray appearance at the cut edges versus the white of pure gypsum drywall.
>
>We had to replace the ceiling the living room and the hallway due to
>rain damage where tree limbs went through the roof. Our contractor was
>aware of the problems with Chinese drywall in March of 2006 when we
>finally were able to get the work done. He checked it out throughly and
>showed me how to tell, both by the H2S smell and the color.
>
>Lots installed along the Mississippi coast and in the New Orleans area
>to my understanding.

Time to go back to lath and plaster.

My home has no drywall whatsoever.

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> George > wrote:
>
>> Most of it appears to have been installed in the reworking of homes
>> damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Rita. The drywall, aka sheetrock, has
>> a gray appearance at the cut edges versus the white of pure gypsum drywall.
>>
>> We had to replace the ceiling the living room and the hallway due to
>> rain damage where tree limbs went through the roof. Our contractor was
>> aware of the problems with Chinese drywall in March of 2006 when we
>> finally were able to get the work done. He checked it out throughly and
>> showed me how to tell, both by the H2S smell and the color.
>>
>> Lots installed along the Mississippi coast and in the New Orleans area
>> to my understanding.

> Time to go back to lath and plaster.
>
> My home has no drywall whatsoever.
>
> Steve

That takes talent to install. Drywall is cheap and fast.

Rob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 23, 8:56*pm, (Steve Pope) wrote:
> George Shirley > wrote:
>
> >Most of it appears to have been installed in the reworking of homes
> >damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Rita. The drywall, aka sheetrock, has
> >a gray appearance at the cut edges versus the white of pure gypsum drywall.

> >We had to replace the ceiling the living room and the hallway due to
> >rain damage where tree limbs went through the roof. Our contractor was
> >aware of the problems with Chinese drywall in March of 2006 when we
> >finally were able to get the work done. He checked it out throughly and
> >showed me how to tell, both by the H2S smell and the color.

> >Lots installed along the Mississippi coast and in the New Orleans area
> >to my understanding.

> Time to go back to lath and plaster.
>
> My home has no drywall whatsoever. *

Except for the stairwell down to the basement, none here either, nor
in the new house, but both old houses are full of lead paint.

> Steve

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 24, 6:05*pm, Rob > wrote:
> Steve Pope wrote:
> > George > *wrote:

> >> Most of it appears to have been installed in the reworking of homes
> >> damaged or destroyed by Hurricane Rita. The drywall, aka sheetrock, has
> >> a gray appearance at the cut edges versus the white of pure gypsum drywall.

> >> We had to replace the ceiling the living room and the hallway due to
> >> rain damage where tree limbs went through the roof. Our contractor was
> >> aware of the problems with Chinese drywall in March of 2006 when we
> >> finally were able to get the work done. He checked it out throughly and
> >> showed me how to tell, both by the H2S smell and the color.

> >> Lots installed along the Mississippi coast and in the New Orleans area
> >> to my understanding.

> > Time to go back to lath and plaster.

> > My home has no drywall whatsoever.

> > Steve

> That takes talent to install. *Drywall is cheap and fast.

Like the crappy "gravy" everyone's talking about.

> Rob

--Bryan
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rob > wrote:

>Steve Pope wrote:

>> Time to go back to lath and plaster.

>> My home has no drywall whatsoever.

>That takes talent to install. Drywall is cheap and fast.

Sometimes the old ways are better.

Instead of spending stimulus money on new prisons, they
could re-train people to be plasterers...

Steve

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> Steve Pope wrote:

>>> Time to go back to lath and plaster.

>>> My home has no drywall whatsoever.

>> That takes talent to install. Drywall is cheap and fast.

> Sometimes the old ways are better.
>
> Instead of spending stimulus money on new prisons, they
> could re-train people to be plasterers...
>

> Steve

Re-train violent felons? I'll vote for the prisons - with Chinese
drywall installed.

Rob
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Rob > wrote:

>Steve Pope wrote:

>> Instead of spending stimulus money on new prisons, they
>> could re-train people to be plasterers...

>Re-train violent felons?

No, obviously, retrain the prison guards and their political
lobbyists...

Steve
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Steve Pope wrote:
> > wrote:
>
>> Steve Pope wrote:

>>> Instead of spending stimulus money on new prisons, they
>>> could re-train people to be plasterers...

>> Re-train violent felons?

> No, obviously, retrain the prison guards and their political
> lobbyists...
>

> Steve

Who will watch over the prisons?

Rob

Rotten Olive Oil Affit Davey General Cooking 3 31-10-2007 06:21 PM
Hydrogen Sulfide - Rotten Egg Smell in Sauvigon Blanc Frank Bacon Winemaking 2 07-04-2007 04:44 PM
Rotten Edd Odor Egis/CORE Winemaking 1 23-10-2004 08:16 AM
I love rotten food Llort Agig General Cooking 21 22-11-2003 11:29 AM
rotten egg smell? Craig Winemaking 16 02-11-2003 10:52 PM