bwesley7

Default More sorbate?

About a month ago, I sweetened and stabilized a 3-gal batch of strawberry
and left it to age a bit longer. Planning to bottle it this weekend, I
tasted it today and decided it needs a bit more sugar. If I do add more
sugar now, do I need to also add more pot-met?

Bart

Pinky

"pot-met" isn't "sorbate"!!!!

--
Trevor A Panther
In South Yorkshire, England
"bwesley7" > wrote in message
> About a month ago, I sweetened and stabilized a 3-gal batch of strawberry
> and left it to age a bit longer. Planning to bottle it this weekend, I
> tasted it today and decided it needs a bit more sugar. If I do add more
> sugar now, do I need to also add more pot-met?
>
> Bart

bwesley7

Oops... typo... obviously, I meant to ask if more sorbate would be needed.

Bart

"Pinky" > wrote in message
news
> "pot-met" isn't "sorbate"!!!!
>
> --
> Trevor A Panther
> In South Yorkshire, England
> Remove "PSANTISPAM" from my address line to reply.
> All outgoing mail is scanned by Norton
> Anti Virus for your protection too!
> "bwesley7" > wrote in message
> > About a month ago, I sweetened and stabilized a 3-gal batch of

strawberry
> > and left it to age a bit longer. Planning to bottle it this weekend, I
> > tasted it today and decided it needs a bit more sugar. If I do add more
> > sugar now, do I need to also add more pot-met?
> >
> > Bart

Don S

> About a month ago, I sweetened and stabilized a 3-gal batch of strawberry
> and left it to age a bit longer. Planning to bottle it this weekend, I
> tasted it today and decided it needs a bit more sugar. If I do add more
> sugar now, do I need to also add more pot-met?

Not more pot-met but potassium sorbate. The potassium meta does
stablize a wine and inhibit yeast to an extent but it is postassium
sorbate that stops yeast from reproducing. In a home made sweetened
wine that is about the only method of stopping re-fermentation in
the bottle.

Don

Potassium Sorbate Ray Bowler Winemaking 1 10-07-2013 10:44 PM
k Sorbate Lou[_1_] Winemaking 3 16-03-2009 12:35 AM
mlf and Sorbate Wino-Nouveau Winemaking 4 21-09-2006 09:16 PM
Campden and/or pot. sorbate Nick R Winemaking 4 07-08-2004 02:02 PM
Potassium Sorbate Joe Winemaking 6 10-04-2004 02:44 PM