Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default '07 bottling?

Anyone bottling their '07 wines yet?

I have a Viognier that is close to bottling. One it has finished cold
stabilizing, will be bottling - probly within a couple weeks. Anyone
else doing any early bottling?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

AxisOfBeagles wrote:

> Anyone bottling their '07 wines yet?
>
> I have a Viognier that is close to bottling. One
> it has finished cold stabilizing, will be
> bottling - probly within a couple weeks. Anyone
> else doing any early bottling?

Yes, I bottled "Paul's Pink Pinot" last week.

This was my first time to make Pinot Gris. I was
not intending to make an off white wine but that
is what I did. I crushed one afternoon, cold
soaked and pressed the PINK juice the next day.
Oh well, it fermented and cleared REALLY fast and
the taste is pretty darn good. Next year I may
actually make a white Pinot Gris

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Nov 9, 3:21 pm, "Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote:
> AxisOfBeagles wrote:
> > Anyone bottling their '07 wines yet?

> > I have a Viognier that is close to bottling. One
> > it has finished cold stabilizing, will be
> > bottling - probly within a couple weeks. Anyone
> > else doing any early bottling?

> Yes, I bottled "Paul's Pink Pinot" last week.
>
> This was my first time to make Pinot Gris. I was
> not intending to make an off white wine but that
> is what I did. I crushed one afternoon, cold
> soaked and pressed the PINK juice the next day.
> Oh well, it fermented and cleared REALLY fast and
> the taste is pretty darn good. Next year I may
> actually make a white Pinot Gris

Funny you mentioned that. I normally make a Grenache as a blush but
this year I took it right off the skins and it is white. Maybe it
will improve but right now I think it's spineless; I really liked it
the old way. I'm probably talking about 8 hours of contact time
difference, it's not huge.

I bled off a gallon of Merlot and 'mixed black' (out of 7 gallons
gallons total) for blushes too. Those seem ok and it did seem to
improve the reds too.

I may bottle the gallons soon. All my northern whites are still
fermenting.

Joe

Bottling BBQ sauce George Shirley[_2_] Preserving 3 20-09-2011 08:13 PM
Spring bottling Ric[_5_] Winemaking 6 06-05-2007 03:20 AM
Can i Use old Corks for Bottling Cal Mac Winemaking 7 25-02-2006 05:47 AM
Bottling temperature Pino Winemaking 2 24-12-2005 01:11 PM
siphoning during bottling Steve Margita Winemaking 6 06-06-2005 03:20 PM