Old 30-03-2007, 07:59 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default now that is really cool :-D

well, my kit said to move to a carboy at SG 1.010 so i did and fitted
tha airlock.

HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME THAT BUBBLES WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!

cripes i must check that thing every 1/2 hour, and watch the bubbles
for about five minutes

blub....blub....blub(pop)....blub....blub....blub( pop)....

Old 30-03-2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Mar 30, 11:59 am, "Tater" wrote:
well, my kit said to move to a carboy at SG 1.010 so i did and fitted
tha airlock.

HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME THAT BUBBLES WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!

cripes i must check that thing every 1/2 hour, and watch the bubbles
for about five minutes

blub....blub....blub(pop)....blub....blub....blub( pop)....

Nice , eh? Even nicer when you think that each bubble plays its part
toward another tiny bit of booze existing in your wine

Old 31-03-2007, 12:08 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Yeah, those bubbles are cool - its even cooler watching them just slide up
the side of the glass carboy to the top. I used to do that too, but I don't
do that too much anymore. Enjoy.
Darlene

oups.com...

Old 31-03-2007, 01:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Mar 30, 6:08 pm, "Dar V" wrote:
Yeah, those bubbles are cool - its even cooler watching them just slide up
the side of the glass carboy to the top. I used to do that too, but I don't
do that too much anymore. Enjoy.

or how they gather in an almost intelligent-like way at the top.

cool, I have minions doing my bidding. now i need to get my mad
scientist lab coat out.

Old 31-03-2007, 01:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Tater" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 30, 6:08 pm, "Dar V" wrote:
Yeah, those bubbles are cool - its even cooler watching them just slide
up
the side of the glass carboy to the top. I used to do that too, but I
don't
do that too much anymore. Enjoy.

or how they gather in an almost intelligent-like way at the top.

cool, I have minions doing my bidding. now i need to get my mad
scientist lab coat out.

Hmmmm, aren't those bubbles coming from flatulent yeast critters?

Old 01-04-2007, 09:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

My wife used to think all the bubbles were really neat, until I pointed out
that each bubble was effectively a yeast fart...

"Casey Wilson" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Tater" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 03-04-2007, 02:57 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I've currently got 2 lots of 5 gallons in primary, one just racked to
secondary. All plopping away rapidly. I'm a bit concerned because they are
in the garage attached to the house.....the garage door is rubber sealed,
and the access door to the house has a smoke seal around it. As the cat
lives in the garage I'm wondering how many more I can get going before she
gets asphyxiated........!

John

"Bart" wrote in message
My wife used to think all the bubbles were really neat, until I pointed
out that each bubble was effectively a yeast fart...

"Casey Wilson" wrote in message
news:[email protected]

"Tater" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old 04-04-2007, 11:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I agree completely. I enjoy watching them and listening to them. My
favorite carboy is a 2.5 gallon carboy that is conical in shap with the
large end at the bottom. As the bubbles rise they hit the sides and the
rise allong the sides so I get to watch the bubbles come up the sides and
then bubble and gurgle out the airlock. I could swear that I can hear the
hiss as they slide up the sides. Then most people say I am just wierd.

Ray

oups.com...

Old 05-04-2007, 02:21 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Ray Calvert wrote:

I agree completely. I enjoy watching them and
listening to them. My favorite carboy is a 2.5
gallon carboy that is conical in shap with the
large end at the bottom. As the bubbles rise
they hit the sides and the rise allong the sides
so I get to watch the bubbles come up the sides
and
then bubble and gurgle out the airlock. I could
swear that I can hear the
hiss as they slide up the sides. Then most
people say I am just wierd.

Ray

Hell, I think "Lava Lamps" are still cool.

Old 05-04-2007, 02:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Apr 4, 5:39 pm, "Ray Calvert" wrote:
I could swear that I can hear the
hiss as they slide up the sides.

I dont doubt you. I believe i heard the same thing. you could
definetly hear the hiss in the primary

Old 05-04-2007, 04:47 AM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Tater" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 4, 5:39 pm, "Ray Calvert" wrote:
I could swear that I can hear the
hiss as they slide up the sides.

I dont doubt you. I believe i heard the same thing. you could
definetly hear the hiss in the primary

And I can swear I heard a primary groan through the must cap before...

Quixote

Old 12-04-2007, 04:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Paul E. Lehmann" wrote in message
. ..
Ray Calvert wrote:

I agree completely. I enjoy watching them and
listening to them. My favorite carboy is a 2.5
gallon carboy that is conical in shap with the
large end at the bottom. As the bubbles rise
they hit the sides and the rise allong the sides
so I get to watch the bubbles come up the sides
and
then bubble and gurgle out the airlock. I could
swear that I can hear the
hiss as they slide up the sides. Then most
people say I am just wierd.

Ray

Hell, I think "Lava Lamps" are still cool.

Yeah, but the stuff in Lava Lamps tastes terrible!

Ray

Old 12-04-2007, 07:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Ray Calvert" wrote in message
t...

Hell, I think "Lava Lamps" are still cool.

Yeah, but the stuff in Lava Lamps tastes terrible!

Not if it's aged properly.
I have a 1959 Orange Lava Lamp that is quite exquisite.
Goes well with pizza or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Cool enough! notbob General Cooking 2 20-10-2015 04:21 PM
This is cool modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] General Cooking 0 04-10-2008 08:05 PM
cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aviel571 General Cooking 0 21-03-2007 06:03 PM
cool!!!!!!!!!!!! aviel571 General Cooking 0 21-03-2007 05:59 PM
In the cool, cool, cool of the evening Melba's Jammin' Preserving 14 08-07-2004 02:44 PM