Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default now that is really cool :-D

well, my kit said to move to a carboy at SG 1.010 so i did and fitted
tha airlock.

HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME THAT BUBBLES WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!

cripes i must check that thing every 1/2 hour, and watch the bubbles
for about five minutes

blub....blub....blub(pop)....blub....blub....blub( pop)....

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Mar 30, 11:59 am, "Tater" > wrote:
> well, my kit said to move to a carboy at SG 1.010 so i did and fitted
> tha airlock.
>
> HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME THAT BUBBLES WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!
>
> cripes i must check that thing every 1/2 hour, and watch the bubbles
> for about five minutes
>
> blub....blub....blub(pop)....blub....blub....blub( pop)....

Nice , eh? Even nicer when you think that each bubble plays its part
toward another tiny bit of booze existing in your wine

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Yeah, those bubbles are cool - its even cooler watching them just slide up
the side of the glass carboy to the top. I used to do that too, but I don't
do that too much anymore. Enjoy.
Darlene

"Tater" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> well, my kit said to move to a carboy at SG 1.010 so i did and fitted
> tha airlock.
>
> HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME THAT BUBBLES WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!
>
> cripes i must check that thing every 1/2 hour, and watch the bubbles
> for about five minutes
>
> blub....blub....blub(pop)....blub....blub....blub( pop)....

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Mar 30, 6:08 pm, "Dar V" > wrote:
> Yeah, those bubbles are cool - its even cooler watching them just slide up
> the side of the glass carboy to the top. I used to do that too, but I don't
> do that too much anymore. Enjoy.

or how they gather in an almost intelligent-like way at the top.

cool, I have minions doing my bidding. now i need to get my mad
scientist lab coat out.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Tater" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Mar 30, 6:08 pm, "Dar V" > wrote:
>> Yeah, those bubbles are cool - its even cooler watching them just slide
>> up
>> the side of the glass carboy to the top. I used to do that too, but I
>> don't
>> do that too much anymore. Enjoy.

> or how they gather in an almost intelligent-like way at the top.
>
> cool, I have minions doing my bidding. now i need to get my mad
> scientist lab coat out.

Hmmmm, aren't those bubbles coming from flatulent yeast critters?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

its not flatulence, technically speaking, it is respiration........no
farts here, just sighs of delight, from them and eventually from us!

On Mar 30, 5:31 pm, "Casey Wilson" > wrote:
> "Tater" > wrote in message
>
> oups.com...
>
> > On Mar 30, 6:08 pm, "Dar V" > wrote:
> >> Yeah, those bubbles are cool - its even cooler watching them just slide
> >> up
> >> the side of the glass carboy to the top. I used to do that too, but I
> >> don't
> >> do that too much anymore. Enjoy.

> > or how they gather in an almost intelligent-like way at the top.

> > cool, I have minions doing my bidding. now i need to get my mad
> > scientist lab coat out.

> Hmmmm, aren't those bubbles coming from flatulent yeast critters?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

My wife used to think all the bubbles were really neat, until I pointed out
that each bubble was effectively a yeast fart...

"Casey Wilson" > wrote in message

> "Tater" > wrote in message
> oups.com...
>> On Mar 30, 6:08 pm, "Dar V" > wrote:
>>> Yeah, those bubbles are cool - its even cooler watching them just slide
>>> up
>>> the side of the glass carboy to the top. I used to do that too, but I
>>> don't
>>> do that too much anymore. Enjoy.

>> or how they gather in an almost intelligent-like way at the top.
>>
>> cool, I have minions doing my bidding. now i need to get my mad
>> scientist lab coat out.

> Hmmmm, aren't those bubbles coming from flatulent yeast critters?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I've currently got 2 lots of 5 gallons in primary, one just racked to
secondary. All plopping away rapidly. I'm a bit concerned because they are
in the garage attached to the house.....the garage door is rubber sealed,
and the access door to the house has a smoke seal around it. As the cat
lives in the garage I'm wondering how many more I can get going before she
gets asphyxiated........!

John

"Bart" > wrote in message
> My wife used to think all the bubbles were really neat, until I pointed
> out that each bubble was effectively a yeast fart...
>

> "Casey Wilson" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Tater" > wrote in message
>> oups.com...
>>>
>>> or how they gather in an almost intelligent-like way at the top.
>>>
>>> cool, I have minions doing my bidding. now i need to get my mad
>>> scientist lab coat out.

>> Hmmmm, aren't those bubbles coming from flatulent yeast critters?

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I agree completely. I enjoy watching them and listening to them. My
favorite carboy is a 2.5 gallon carboy that is conical in shap with the
large end at the bottom. As the bubbles rise they hit the sides and the
rise allong the sides so I get to watch the bubbles come up the sides and
then bubble and gurgle out the airlock. I could swear that I can hear the
hiss as they slide up the sides. Then most people say I am just wierd.

Ray

"Tater" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> well, my kit said to move to a carboy at SG 1.010 so i did and fitted
> tha airlock.
>
> HOW COME NO ONE TOLD ME THAT BUBBLES WOULD BE SO COOL!!!!
>
> cripes i must check that thing every 1/2 hour, and watch the bubbles
> for about five minutes
>
> blub....blub....blub(pop)....blub....blub....blub( pop)....

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Ray Calvert wrote:

> I agree completely. I enjoy watching them and
> listening to them. My favorite carboy is a 2.5
> gallon carboy that is conical in shap with the
> large end at the bottom. As the bubbles rise
> they hit the sides and the rise allong the sides
> so I get to watch the bubbles come up the sides
> and
> then bubble and gurgle out the airlock. I could
> swear that I can hear the
> hiss as they slide up the sides. Then most
> people say I am just wierd.
>
> Ray

Hell, I think "Lava Lamps" are still cool.

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Apr 4, 5:39 pm, "Ray Calvert" > wrote:
> I could swear that I can hear the
> hiss as they slide up the sides.

I dont doubt you. I believe i heard the same thing. you could
definetly hear the hiss in the primary

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Tater" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> On Apr 4, 5:39 pm, "Ray Calvert" > wrote:
>> I could swear that I can hear the
>> hiss as they slide up the sides.
>>

> I dont doubt you. I believe i heard the same thing. you could
> definetly hear the hiss in the primary

And I can swear I heard a primary groan through the must cap before...

Quixote

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Paul E. Lehmann" > wrote in message
. ..
> Ray Calvert wrote:
>
>> I agree completely. I enjoy watching them and
>> listening to them. My favorite carboy is a 2.5
>> gallon carboy that is conical in shap with the
>> large end at the bottom. As the bubbles rise
>> they hit the sides and the rise allong the sides
>> so I get to watch the bubbles come up the sides
>> and
>> then bubble and gurgle out the airlock. I could
>> swear that I can hear the
>> hiss as they slide up the sides. Then most
>> people say I am just wierd.
>>
>> Ray
>>

> Hell, I think "Lava Lamps" are still cool.

Yeah, but the stuff in Lava Lamps tastes terrible!

Ray

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

"Ray Calvert" > wrote in message
t...

>> Hell, I think "Lava Lamps" are still cool.

> Yeah, but the stuff in Lava Lamps tastes terrible!

Not if it's aged properly.
I have a 1959 Orange Lava Lamp that is quite exquisite.
Goes well with pizza or peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.

Cool enough! notbob General Cooking 2 20-10-2015 04:21 PM
This is cool modom (palindrome guy)[_2_] General Cooking 0 04-10-2008 08:05 PM
cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! aviel571 General Cooking 0 21-03-2007 07:03 PM
cool!!!!!!!!!!!! aviel571 General Cooking 0 21-03-2007 06:59 PM
In the cool, cool, cool of the evening Melba's Jammin' Preserving 14 08-07-2004 02:44 PM