Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

Default racking cane, siphon, bottle filler

I have these as three separate items in my winemaking kit. the bottle
filler will reach all the way down in my secondary, is there a need to
keep these saparate or could i just assemble them and keep them that
way

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

On Mar 17, 4:31 pm, "Tater" > wrote:
> I have these as three separate items in my winemaking kit. the bottle
> filler will reach all the way down in my secondary, is there a need to
> keep these saparate or could i just assemble them and keep them that
> way

They seem to be easier to clean if separate...

Joe

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I keep the siphon rod & hose together permanently. Add the filler
before bottling (as part of sanitizing), and remove after as part of
cleaning.

Steve

On 17 Mar 2007 13:31:48 -0700, "Tater" > wrote:

>I have these as three separate items in my winemaking kit. the bottle
>filler will reach all the way down in my secondary, is there a need to
>keep these saparate or could i just assemble them and keep them that
>way

Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking

I keep the racking cane and the hose together at all times. After I rack, I
rise them well and then add a little Na-Meta solution and slip the end of
the hose over the free end of the cane to form a sealed loop. The solution
will then keep the cane snitized while it is stored. When you are ready to
use it again just slip the hose off the free end of the cane, rinse, and you
are ready to go. Keep the bottling cane seperate for use when needed. It
will need to be sinitized when used.

Ray

oups.com...