Posted to rec.crafts.winemaking
Ray Calvert Ray  Calvert is offline

Default racking cane, siphon, bottle filler

I keep the racking cane and the hose together at all times. After I rack, I
rise them well and then add a little Na-Meta solution and slip the end of
the hose over the free end of the cane to form a sealed loop. The solution
will then keep the cane snitized while it is stored. When you are ready to
use it again just slip the hose off the free end of the cane, rinse, and you
are ready to go. Keep the bottling cane seperate for use when needed. It
will need to be sinitized when used.

Ray

oups.com...