Posted to alt.food.wine
Tom S

Default Pinging Mike Tommasi

Hi, Mike -

Sorry for this OT post, but I wanted to be sure you got my message that I
will not be able to meet you this weekend as planned. :^(
Hope we can reschedule next time you're in L.A.

Tom S
www.chateauburbank.com

Posted to alt.food.wine
Joe \Beppe\Rosenberg

Got 1 for you that's new "OJ and Blake's) Halfway House right across the
street from the courthouse about 3 blocks south of the morgue. They serve
bar food and a knockout rum punch, you may be disappointed dining in
Kalifornia as the Governor has banned all :"girly food" from the State.
Wolfgang Puck, Alice Waters and Thomas Keller are in shock but have launched
"Free the Organic Truffles & Chanterelles Campaign" also if you hang around
Michael Jackson's "Boyz to Men" Juice Bar is opening near Pismo Beach.

Mike if you're coming through DC, knock me up, I'm now allowed to look at a
glass of wine & sniff red meat but there's always something the menu like
Fields of Greens with a balsamic vinaigrette to order.
"Mike Tommasi" > wrote in message
> Tom S wrote:
> > Hi, Mike -
> >
> > Sorry for this OT post, but I wanted to be sure you got my message that

> > will not be able to meet you this weekend as planned. :^(
> > Hope we can reschedule next time you're in L.A.

> Hi Tom
>
> yes, sorry, forgot to acknowledge. Next time it is.
>
> Any suggestions anyone for good places to eat in LA that are moderately
> priced and wine-aware?
>

> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Posted to alt.food.wine
e. winemonger

Mike Tommasi wrote:

> Any suggestions anyone for good places to eat in LA that are moderately
> priced and wine-aware?

The always tasty (and not too pricey) Rockenwagner in Santa Monica is
closing down & this is their last weekend. They have some great wines
on their list, including a '99 Hirtzberger Rotes Tor GV Smaragd- who
knows, maybe they'll be selling them off! I recommend the goulash,
which is fully endorsed by my very picky Austrian husband. Also, they
should be doing "stammtisch" seating.

Otherwise, Cobras & Matadors serves up great tapas & an all-Spanish
wine list.

But maybe you want some California cuisine & wine?

e.
-------------------------------
www.winemonger.com

Posted to alt.food.wine
Tom S

"Mike Tommasi" > wrote in message
> Tom S wrote:
>> Hi, Mike -
>>
>> Sorry for this OT post, but I wanted to be sure you got my message that I
>> will not be able to meet you this weekend as planned. :^(
>> Hope we can reschedule next time you're in L.A.

> Hi Tom
>
> yes, sorry, forgot to acknowledge. Next time it is.
>
> Any suggestions anyone for good places to eat in LA that are moderately
> priced and wine-aware?

It's a chain restaurant, but McCormick & Schmick's is pretty good for
seafood. There's one in Manhattan Beach on Rosecrans, another in downtown
LA and perhaps others. For not much more $ you might try that old classic
on Hollywood Boulevard, Musso & Frank's Grill. They have a more varied
menu.

For steak houses Arnie Morton's, Ruth's Chris and Pacific Dining Car are all
excellent, but probably wouldn't fit your description of "moderately
priced".

Frankly, I'm probably not the best person to ask about LA eateries. I
seldom dine out because I prefer to cook dinner at home, and am not really
well informed on the best new restaurants.

Tom S
www.chateauburbank.com

Pinging Anders (Swe) greybeard Wine 2 09-10-2009 11:14 PM
Pinging cwdjrxyz Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Wine 6 11-08-2008 09:36 AM
Pinging Bi!! Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Wine 1 26-05-2008 09:29 PM
Wine & Bouillabaisse (Ping M Tommasi) st.helier[_1_] Wine 0 18-08-2007 01:57 AM
AFW Gathering in France (Attn. Hoare & Tommasi) st.helier Wine 10 23-12-2003 06:49 AM