axe

Default Need advice/help

Hi!
Can anyone tell me what wines are recomended with what kind of food ....or
give me a link ....i just want to now if someone comes to dinner what wine
do I serve him.
And sorry if my english isnt that good

Emery Davis

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 11:47:54 +0200, "axe" > said:

] Hi!
] Can anyone tell me what wines are recomended with what kind of food ....or
] give me a link ....i just want to now if someone comes to dinner what wine
] do I serve him.
] And sorry if my english isnt that good
]

Hello Daniel,

Your english looks just fine to me. I sympathize, but don't worry.

If you have a specific menu you are trying to match, people here are
always willing to lend a hand. So I suggest you post your menu,
and we will offer some suggestions. It helps to know what sort
of wines you have available to you, of course.

There are several cookbooks that offer primers on matching food
and wine. Online, just google "food wine match" and you'll have
lots of reading.

I have found Berry Bros generally have much good information, I
note they turned up on the first page of hits.

HTH,

-E

--
Emery Davis
You can reply to

One could fill hundreds of pages with an answer. Good cookbooks often
recommend wines to go with the dishes.

axe wrote:
> Hi!
> Can anyone tell me what wines are recomended with what kind of food ....or
> give me a link ....i just want to now if someone comes to dinner what wine
> do I serve him.
> And sorry if my english isnt that good

Jose

I use the wine guide at Telluride Restaurant (Stamford CT) as an
excellent starting point.
http://www.telluriderestaurant.com/wines.php
(It's BTW an excellent Southwestern style restaurant too).
Many of the wine types on this list have "food friendly" and "food foes"
notes, for example

===
Pinot Noir

It is by far the lightest red varietal. An unpredictable grape with
varying results. The cooler the climate the better the wine. Carneros
all the way. Although Oregon comes up in a tight second. It is often
said that it is a white wine masquerading as a white. When it is good,
it is very, very good. It is sensual, elegant and graceful. It is a wine
that can truly age well. It is extremely compatible with food.

Tasting Notes:

Silky, smooth, light, berry, mellow, delicate, truffles, toasty, earthy,
low tannins, currant, dried cherry, cola, violet, rose, tea, earth, wet
leaves, barnyard, lavender

Food Friendly:

Salmon, tuna, mustard, beets, Brie cheese, roast beef, duck, carrots,
butter sauces, some beef, quail, risotto, lentils, lamb, chicken,
rabbit, game, salads, eggplant, beets

Food Foes:

Pasta, blue cheese, sushi, curry, cream sauces, soy, heavy foods.
===

and I've found them to be very good advice.

Jose

--
Nothing takes longer than a shortcut.
Hunt

In article >, says...

>Hi!
>Can anyone tell me what wines are recomended with what kind of food ....or
>give me a link ....i just want to now if someone comes to dinner what wine
>do I serve him.
>And sorry if my english isnt that good

First, your English worked just fine for me. However, I am from Mississippi,
USA, where English is a "second language!"

Next, rather than list thousands of possible pairings, as Emery Davis stated,
give us a menu, and also let us know where you are located, so we don't
suggest a ton of wines that might not be readily available in, say Croatia.

There are a few "can't miss" pairings, but, for the most part, it depends on
the exact menu, i.e. sauces, seasonings, etc.

Last, there are few, if any, hard-n-fast rules for food/wine pairings. Most of
us get surprised with something that works, when we thought it wouldn't, or
just the opposite, dies, when we thought we had a perfect match.

I will usually do a new menu for tasting/pairing, then hit the cellar and see
how close I am. In a few instances, it has taken several days to get perfect
matches, then I have to make sure that I have enough of wine X to satisfy my
guests.

Again, let us know what you are thinking of, the preperations, the sauces, the
spices, then we can help to some degree. Also, take what any/all of us say,
with a "grain of salt." This caveat is based on YOUR personal taste. I may say
a Cote Rotie, and you hate Syrah. That is how simple it really is.

Hunt

axe

Ok plan to cook a meal thats called "pasticada" i i dont know how to
translate it ) it is a slow simmerd beef
(http://www.inyourpocket.com/croatia/...tegory?chid=51)

Next time we plan to make lasagnias ..so tell me for that too )

And ppl thanks in advance ...leally ...and the links you told me are
helpfull

Salmon with Chianti is always good!

axe wrote:
> Hi!
> Can anyone tell me what wines are recomended with what kind of food ....or
> give me a link ....i just want to now if someone comes to dinner what wine
> do I serve him.
> And sorry if my english isnt that good

Steve Slatcher

wrote:

>Can anyone tell me what wines are recomended with what kind of food ....or
>give me a link

There are many websites with advice. Google comes up with these...
http://www.google.com/search?hl=&cat...ine+food+match

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher

need some advice sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 23-08-2012 01:20 AM
Need advice Pits09 General Cooking 6 16-11-2009 04:01 PM
SOS , Need Advice Dana L General 1 22-12-2008 10:00 PM
Advice Brian Mailman Preserving 3 02-04-2005 12:00 AM
Superauto advice (UK based but any advice on machines appreciated) Copterman Coffee 5 24-12-2004 07:47 PM