Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Need advice

In the opinion of this brains trust. What is the hottest chilli . I
need its common name and ideally botanical name
Thanks
Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pits09 wrote:
> In the opinion of this brains trust. What is the hottest chilli . I
> need its common name and ideally botanical name
> Thanks

Are you familiar with the "Scoville Rating" of the chili peppers?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Jolokia_pepper
--

Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

Domine, dirige nos.
Let the games begin!
http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

Posted to rec.food.cooking

"Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq." > wrote in message

> Pits09 wrote:
>> In the opinion of this brains trust. What is the hottest chilli . I
>> need its common name and ideally botanical name
>> Thanks

> Are you familiar with the "Scoville Rating" of the chili peppers?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Jolokia_pepper
> --
>
> Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.
>
> Domine, dirige nos.
> Let the games begin!
> http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

I agree with the esteemed Mr. Littleshoes in this.....Scoville gives you the
ratings......you can base it on this and the type of pepper you are looking
for.....

-ginny

Posted to rec.food.cooking

In article
Pits09 > wrote:

> In the opinion of this brains trust. What is the hottest chilli . I
> need its common name and ideally botanical name
> Thanks

Here's some info:

http://www.ushotstuff.com/Heat.Scale.htm

Note the links.

--
Dan Abel
Petaluma, California USA

Posted to rec.food.cooking

On Nov 16, 10:10*am, "Virginia Tadrzynski" > wrote:
> "Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq." > wrote in ...
>

> > Pits09 wrote:
> >> In the opinion of this brains trust. What is the hottest chilli . I
> >> need its common name and ideally botanical name
> >> Thanks

> > Are you familiar with the "Scoville Rating" of the chili peppers?
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naga_Jolokia_pepper
> > --

> > Mr. Joseph Littleshoes Esq.

> > Domine, dirige nos.
> > Let the games begin!
> >http://fredeeky.typepad.com/fredeeky.../sf_anthem.mp3

> I agree with the esteemed Mr. Littleshoes in this.....Scoville gives you the
> ratings......you can base it on this and the type of pepper you are looking
> for.....
>
> -ginny

Thanks to all who replied and in particular J L
Many seeds on way for trial plantings Over 100 HA
so wish to plan out the rows according to heat
to avoid as much cross pollination as possible

Many Many thanks .

Posted to rec.food.cooking

Pits09 wrote:
> In the opinion of this brains trust. What is the hottest chilli . I
> need its common name and ideally botanical name
> Thanks

Look at:

http://ushotstuff.com/Heat.Scale.htm

or

http://homecooking.about.com/library...lhotchiles.htm

Or Google "chili heat index" for other versions.

gloria p

need some advice sf[_9_] General Cooking 2 23-08-2012 01:20 AM
SOS , Need Advice Dana L General 1 22-12-2008 10:00 PM
Advice Brian Mailman Preserving 3 02-04-2005 12:00 AM
Advice Brian Mailman Preserving 0 01-04-2005 05:37 PM
Superauto advice (UK based but any advice on machines appreciated) Copterman Coffee 5 24-12-2004 07:47 PM