B. Chamberlin

Default Newbie question

I don't know much about wines at all but I'm trying to get a sense of
something. I know it really doesn't matter as long as "I like it" but
I've been sampling a lot of wines lately and I had to admit that out
of the dozen or so I've had over the last couple of months, I've found
my favorite so far to be the Woodbridge Cabernet at only $7 a bottle.
Is that crazy or what?

Steve Slatcher

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 02:06:56 -0400, B. Chamberlin
> wrote:

>I don't know much about wines at all but I'm trying to get a sense of
>something. I know it really doesn't matter as long as "I like it" but
>I've been sampling a lot of wines lately and I had to admit that out
>of the dozen or so I've had over the last couple of months, I've found
>my favorite so far to be the Woodbridge Cabernet at only $7 a bottle.
>Is that crazy or what?

No. But I bet your tastes will change if you keep trying different
wines.

Try to get along to some tastings where you can try several wines
alongside each other, and you'll get through your next dozen a lot
quicker.

--
Steve Slatcher
http://pobox.com/~steve.slatcher
Mark Lipton

B. Chamberlin wrote:
> I don't know much about wines at all but I'm trying to get a sense of
> something. I know it really doesn't matter as long as "I like it" but
> I've been sampling a lot of wines lately and I had to admit that out
> of the dozen or so I've had over the last couple of months, I've found
> my favorite so far to be the Woodbridge Cabernet at only $7 a bottle.
> Is that crazy or what?

If that's the 2001 Woodbridge Cabernet, I found it to be a very decent
wine when I tried it last year. Other vintages I can't comment on. As
Steve said, your tastes may change as you taste more wines, but the most
important thing is to find wines that you like NOW and try them. Also,
never give up your sense of experimentation. After 25 years of drinking
wine, I'm still finding unknown (to me) and exciting wines. That's part
of the beauty of wine.

Mark Lipton
Mark Lipton

Newbie question Billi Preserving 3 06-09-2013 07:30 PM
Newbie Question Greg Horne Sourdough 11 04-01-2007 09:54 AM
Newbie question Marty Phee Winemaking 7 04-10-2005 04:42 PM
Newbie Question Doctor Evil Winemaking 4 10-09-2004 04:09 PM
Newbie Question Douglas Gaulin Winemaking 6 04-12-2003 08:48 PM