Midlife

Default Kill-file growth

I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the last
few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
person, using different names. Ya think????

I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely nothing
to be gained from responding to a troll.

dick neidich

Congrats! Good position on that.

"Midlife" > wrote in message
>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the last
> few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
> One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
> person, using different names. Ya think????
>
> I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
> nothing
> to be gained from responding to a troll.

dick neidich

"Midlife" > wrote in message
>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the last
> few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
> One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
> person, using different names. Ya think????
>
> I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
> nothing
> to be gained from responding to a troll.

Nutbuster

Golly Midlife,
you must be really smart. Of course we do that.
"Midlife" > wrote in message
>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the last
> few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
> One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
> person, using different names. Ya think????
>
> I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
> nothing
> to be gained from responding to a troll.

Nutbuster

"Midlife" > wrote in message
>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the last
> few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
> One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
> person, using different names. Ya think????
>
> I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
> nothing
> to be gained from responding to a troll.

Nutbuster

You are a bunch of Sad Sacks, you are 50 miles of Bad Road. But you are
entertaining. As I'v said before - the kill file is useless.
"Hunt" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
>>
>>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the
>>last
>>few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
>>One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
>>person, using different names. Ya think????
>>
>>I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
>>nothing
>>to be gained from responding to a troll.

> I think that the use of the word "peckerhead" by a few of them might well
> indicate that someone is busy munging their address, just to troll the
> group.
> Fortunately, they are easy to spot within the first two, or so, words of
> their
> article. I was doing the Ctrl-K dance, but decided that it wasn't worth
> the
> effort. I could be very wrong in this conclusion, but I feel that Michael
> Scarpeti [SP?]/Uranium Committee is, at least partly, responsible for
> these
> articles. If not, I'll bet that they are all buds of his. He/she has
> exhibited
> the same tone in responses in a myrid of other NG's, so it fits the modus.
> About the time that everyone started ignoring UC, these "new" faces popped
> up.
>
> It's too bad, as UC had some useful information on Italian wines, just a
> very
> harsh style of expousing it. Shame really...
>
> I think that this too, shall pass.
>
> Hunt

Nutbuster

"Hunt" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
>>
>>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the
>>last
>>few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
>>One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
>>person, using different names. Ya think????
>>
>>I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
>>nothing
>>to be gained from responding to a troll.

> I think that the use of the word "peckerhead" by a few of them might well
> indicate that someone is busy munging their address, just to troll the
> group.
> Fortunately, they are easy to spot within the first two, or so, words of
> their
> article. I was doing the Ctrl-K dance, but decided that it wasn't worth
> the
> effort. I could be very wrong in this conclusion, but I feel that Michael
> Scarpeti [SP?]/Uranium Committee is, at least partly, responsible for
> these
> articles. If not, I'll bet that they are all buds of his. He/she has
> exhibited
> the same tone in responses in a myrid of other NG's, so it fits the modus.
> About the time that everyone started ignoring UC, these "new" faces popped
> up.
>
> It's too bad, as UC had some useful information on Italian wines, just a
> very
> harsh style of expousing it. Shame really...
>
> I think that this too, shall pass.
>
> Hunt

Trahder

I don't know for sure if Uranium is really a Troll. He can go either way.
If he is indeed a Troll, I would have to say that he's a real good one.
"Hunt" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
>>
>>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the
>>last
>>few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
>>One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
>>person, using different names. Ya think????
>>
>>I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
>>nothing
>>to be gained from responding to a troll.

> I think that the use of the word "peckerhead" by a few of them might well
> indicate that someone is busy munging their address, just to troll the
> group.
> Fortunately, they are easy to spot within the first two, or so, words of
> their
> article. I was doing the Ctrl-K dance, but decided that it wasn't worth
> the
> effort. I could be very wrong in this conclusion, but I feel that Michael
> Scarpeti [SP?]/Uranium Committee is, at least partly, responsible for
> these
> articles. If not, I'll bet that they are all buds of his. He/she has
> exhibited
> the same tone in responses in a myrid of other NG's, so it fits the modus.
> About the time that everyone started ignoring UC, these "new" faces popped
> up.
>
> It's too bad, as UC had some useful information on Italian wines, just a
> very
> harsh style of expousing it. Shame really...
>
> I think that this too, shall pass.
>
> Hunt

Ron Lel

I don't think it is UC - he has some interesting thoughts at times, though
some are misguided, eg decanting etc. The latest lot of trolls just appear
to be victims of a mass lobotomy and are humourless morons.

Ron

"Hunt" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
>>
>>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the
>>last
>>few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
>>One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
>>person, using different names. Ya think????
>>
>>I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
>>nothing
>>to be gained from responding to a troll.

> I think that the use of the word "peckerhead" by a few of them might well
> indicate that someone is busy munging their address, just to troll the
> group.
> Fortunately, they are easy to spot within the first two, or so, words of
> their
> article. I was doing the Ctrl-K dance, but decided that it wasn't worth
> the
> effort. I could be very wrong in this conclusion, but I feel that Michael
> Scarpeti [SP?]/Uranium Committee is, at least partly, responsible for
> these
> articles. If not, I'll bet that they are all buds of his. He/she has
> exhibited
> the same tone in responses in a myrid of other NG's, so it fits the modus.
> About the time that everyone started ignoring UC, these "new" faces popped
> up.
>
> It's too bad, as UC had some useful information on Italian wines, just a
> very
> harsh style of expousing it. Shame really...
>
> I think that this too, shall pass.
>
> Hunt

Ron Lel

"Hunt" > wrote in message
> In article >, says...
>>
>>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the
>>last
>>few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
>>One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
>>person, using different names. Ya think????
>>
>>I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
>>nothing
>>to be gained from responding to a troll.

> I think that the use of the word "peckerhead" by a few of them might well
> indicate that someone is busy munging their address, just to troll the
> group.
> Fortunately, they are easy to spot within the first two, or so, words of
> their
> article. I was doing the Ctrl-K dance, but decided that it wasn't worth
> the
> effort. I could be very wrong in this conclusion, but I feel that Michael
> Scarpeti [SP?]/Uranium Committee is, at least partly, responsible for
> these
> articles. If not, I'll bet that they are all buds of his. He/she has
> exhibited
> the same tone in responses in a myrid of other NG's, so it fits the modus.
> About the time that everyone started ignoring UC, these "new" faces popped
> up.
>
> It's too bad, as UC had some useful information on Italian wines, just a
> very
> harsh style of expousing it. Shame really...
>
> I think that this too, shall pass.
>
> Hunt

Trahder

Take the stick out of your ass, Ron
"Ron Lel" > wrote in message
>I don't think it is UC - he has some interesting thoughts at times, though
>some are misguided, eg decanting etc. The latest lot of trolls just appear
>to be victims of a mass lobotomy and are humourless morons.
>
> Ron
>

> "Hunt" > wrote in message
>> In article >, says...
>>>
>>>I can't pretend to have a broad knowledge of e-mail mechanics, but the
>>>last
>>>few trolls I've kill-filed here have had exactly the same source routing.
>>>One might just conclude that at least some of the trolls are all the same
>>>person, using different names. Ya think????
>>>
>>>I've instituted a zero tolerance policy on this. There is absolutely
>>>nothing
>>>to be gained from responding to a troll.

>> I think that the use of the word "peckerhead" by a few of them might well
>> indicate that someone is busy munging their address, just to troll the
>> group.
>> Fortunately, they are easy to spot within the first two, or so, words of
>> their
>> article. I was doing the Ctrl-K dance, but decided that it wasn't worth
>> the
>> effort. I could be very wrong in this conclusion, but I feel that Michael
>> Scarpeti [SP?]/Uranium Committee is, at least partly, responsible for
>> these
>> articles. If not, I'll bet that they are all buds of his. He/she has
>> exhibited
>> the same tone in responses in a myrid of other NG's, so it fits the
>> modus.
>> About the time that everyone started ignoring UC, these "new" faces
>> popped up.
>>
>> It's too bad, as UC had some useful information on Italian wines, just a
>> very
>> harsh style of expousing it. Shame really...
>>
>> I think that this too, shall pass.
>>
>> Hunt

Mark Lipton

Hunt wrote:

> You are probably correct. I did not k-f UC, as there was some interesting
> discussion on Italian wines - though the rest of it, I could have done with
> out. I just found the timing interesting, especially considering previous
> posts to other NGs.

Hunt,
I think it is safe to say that the more recent trolls are *not* Mr.
Scarpitti, who -- dare I say it? -- has been posting on topic and
interesting posts for quite a while now, though limited to Italian
wines. FWIW, our most prolific of trolls is a Bellsouth customer and
the other is from Texas, whereas Mr. Scarpitti is in NE Ohio, a state
that is not served by Bellsouth.

Mark Lipton
Mark Lipton

Hunt wrote:

> You are probably correct. I did not k-f UC, as there was some interesting
> discussion on Italian wines - though the rest of it, I could have done with
> out. I just found the timing interesting, especially considering previous
> posts to other NGs.

Hunt,
I think it is safe to say that the more recent trolls are *not* Mr.
Scarpitti, who -- dare I say it? -- has been posting on topic and
interesting posts for quite a while now, though limited to Italian
wines. FWIW, our most prolific of trolls is a Bellsouth customer and
the other is from Texas, whereas Mr. Scarpitti is in NE Ohio, a state
that is not served by Bellsouth.

Mark Lipton
Ron Lel

"Trahder" > wrote in message
.. .
> Take the stick out of your ass, Ron

Why? Do you want to sniff it?

> "Ron Lel" > wrote in message
>>I don't think it is UC - he has some interesting thoughts at times, though
>>some are misguided, eg decanting etc. The latest lot of trolls just appear
>>to be victims of a mass lobotomy and are humourless morons.
>>
>> Ron
>>

>> "Hunt" > wrote in message
>>> In article >, says...

>>> I think that the use of the word "peckerhead" by a few of them might
>>> well
>>> indicate that someone is busy munging their address, just to troll the
>>> group.
>>> Fortunately, they are easy to spot within the first two, or so, words of
>>> their
>>> article. I was doing the Ctrl-K dance, but decided that it wasn't worth
>>> the
>>> effort. I could be very wrong in this conclusion, but I feel that
>>> Michael
>>> Scarpeti [SP?]/Uranium Committee is, at least partly, responsible for
>>> these
>>> articles. If not, I'll bet that they are all buds of his. He/she has
>>> exhibited
>>> the same tone in responses in a myrid of other NG's, so it fits the
>>> modus.
>>> About the time that everyone started ignoring UC, these "new" faces
>>> popped up.
>>>
>>> It's too bad, as UC had some useful information on Italian wines, just a
>>> very
>>> harsh style of expousing it. Shame really...
>>>
>>> I think that this too, shall pass.
>>>
>>> Hunt

Trahder

Cute,
no it makes you appear stiff.
"Ron Lel" > wrote in message

> "Trahder" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Take the stick out of your ass, Ron

> Why? Do you want to sniff it?
>
>> "Ron Lel" > wrote in message
>>>I don't think it is UC - he has some interesting thoughts at times,
>>>though some are misguided, eg decanting etc. The latest lot of trolls
>>>just appear to be victims of a mass lobotomy and are humourless morons.
>>>
>>> Ron

Trahder

Cute,
no it makes you appear stiff.
"Ron Lel" > wrote in message

> "Trahder" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> Take the stick out of your ass, Ron

> Why? Do you want to sniff it?
>
>> "Ron Lel" > wrote in message
>>>I don't think it is UC - he has some interesting thoughts at times,
>>>though some are misguided, eg decanting etc. The latest lot of trolls
>>>just appear to be victims of a mass lobotomy and are humourless morons.
>>>
>>> Ron

Kill File Disclaimer Lou Decruss General Cooking 129 27-08-2011 01:35 AM
I have to empty my kill file cybercat General Cooking 26 16-05-2010 01:42 AM
Need instructions for how to 'kill-file' Dee Randall General Cooking 14 24-05-2005 05:13 AM
Kill-file growth Midlife Wine 0 07-04-2005 03:13 AM
kill file functions xenophobe Wine 1 14-03-2005 04:06 AM