Default Sideways party...which Pinot Noir should I buy???

Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or

what other choices under $30 a bottle??

D. Gerasimatos

In article . com>,
> wrote:
>
>Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
>Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>
>what other choices under $30 a bottle??

Too many to list. You might want to try some Oregons like Patricia Green.

Dimitri

dick neidich

Sanford Pinot Noir, Santa Rita, Santa Babara 2001 Vintage. Very Nice for
$25.00 here where I live.

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
> Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
> Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>
> what other choices under $30 a bottle??

Mark Lipton

dick neidich wrote:
> Sanford Pinot Noir, Santa Rita, Santa Babara 2001 Vintage. Very Nice for
> $25.00 here where I live.

and has the additional benefit of coming from the same viticultural
region that the movie was filmed in.

Mark Lipton

Walter L. Preuninger II

American Cellar Wine Club had a Sideways Sampler:
2003 Andrew Murray Syrah
NV Kalyra Cashmere
2001 Firestone Cabernet Sauvignon
2000 Foxen Canyon Syrah
and not listed on the web site:
2003 Parker Station Central Coast Pinot Noir

I have 2 sets of the above 5 wines... I now need to get the movie and invite
a few friends over to get sideways

Walter

dick neidich

I think the first scene in a winery was Sanford. But not positive of that.

"Mark Lipton" > wrote in message
> dick neidich wrote:
>> Sanford Pinot Noir, Santa Rita, Santa Babara 2001 Vintage. Very Nice for
>> $25.00 here where I live.

> and has the additional benefit of coming from the same viticultural region
> that the movie was filmed in.
>
> Mark Lipton

RJG

$19.99 at costco

"dick neidich" > wrote in message
.net...
> Sanford Pinot Noir, Santa Rita, Santa Babara 2001 Vintage. Very Nice for
> $25.00 here where I live.
>

> > wrote in message
> ups.com...
>> Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
>> Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>> Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>>
>> what other choices under $30 a bottle??

dick neidich

Figures. Costco here in North Carolina does not have...if they did I would
buy some there.

When they have it Costco always has the best prices in my area.

"RJG" > wrote in message
> $19.99 at costco
>

> "dick neidich" > wrote in message
> .net...
>> Sanford Pinot Noir, Santa Rita, Santa Babara 2001 Vintage. Very Nice for
>> $25.00 here where I live.
>>

>> > wrote in message
>> ups.com...
>>> Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
>>> Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>>> Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>>>
>>> what other choices under $30 a bottle??

Tom S

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
> Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
> Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>
> what other choices under $30 a bottle??

For a "Sideways" party you want authentic, Santa Barbara County Pinot
Noirs - which none of those are.

Try Hitching Post, Sanford, Foley, Byron, Foxen, Bonaccorsi (a little more
$$), Arcadian, Gainey, East Valley Vineyards, Cambria, Laetitia... There
are _many_ more of them out there! The ones from Santa Rita Hills will cost
more than $30, but they're worth it.

Tom S

Tom S

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
> Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
> Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>
> what other choices under $30 a bottle??

For a "Sideways" party you want authentic, Santa Barbara County Pinot
Noirs - which none of those are.

Try Hitching Post, Sanford, Foley, Byron, Foxen, Bonaccorsi (a little more
$$), Arcadian, Gainey, East Valley Vineyards, Cambria, Laetitia... There
are _many_ more of them out there! The ones from Santa Rita Hills will cost
more than $30, but they're worth it.

Tom S

D. Gerasimatos

In article >,
Tom S > wrote:
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>> Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
>> Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>> Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>>
>> what other choices under $30 a bottle??

>For a "Sideways" party you want authentic, Santa Barbara County Pinot
>Noirs - which none of those are.
>
>Try Hitching Post, Sanford, Foley, Byron, Foxen, Bonaccorsi (a little more
>$$), Arcadian, Gainey, East Valley Vineyards, Cambria, Laetitia... There
>are _many_ more of them out there! The ones from Santa Rita Hills will cost
>more than $30, but they're worth it.

Oh, I guess I misread at first - probably because his wines had nothing
to do with the movie. All of the ones you mentioned are good. Other ones
from the region and/or the movie:

Babcock
Melville
Longoria
Fiddlehead
Dierberg
Fess Parker
Lane Tanner
Stolpman
Zaca Mesa
Blackjack Ranch

My personal favorite pinot noir from that area is Longoria. Bonaccorsi
is good, too, but there's no more of it.

Dimitri

D. Gerasimatos

In article >,
Tom S > wrote:
> wrote in message
oups.com...
>> Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
>> Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>> Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>>
>> what other choices under $30 a bottle??

>For a "Sideways" party you want authentic, Santa Barbara County Pinot
>Noirs - which none of those are.
>
>Try Hitching Post, Sanford, Foley, Byron, Foxen, Bonaccorsi (a little more
>$$), Arcadian, Gainey, East Valley Vineyards, Cambria, Laetitia... There
>are _many_ more of them out there! The ones from Santa Rita Hills will cost
>more than $30, but they're worth it.

Oh, I guess I misread at first - probably because his wines had nothing
to do with the movie. All of the ones you mentioned are good. Other ones
from the region and/or the movie:

Babcock
Melville
Longoria
Fiddlehead
Dierberg
Fess Parker
Lane Tanner
Stolpman
Zaca Mesa
Blackjack Ranch

My personal favorite pinot noir from that area is Longoria. Bonaccorsi
is good, too, but there's no more of it.

Dimitri

Tom S

"D. Gerasimatos" > wrote in message
> My personal favorite pinot noir from that area is Longoria. Bonaccorsi
> is good, too, but there's no more of it.

I forgot about Longoria; Rick makes good wines too.

BTW, Michael Bonaccorsi's widow, Jenne, is continuing the brand/name.

Tom S

Tom S

"D. Gerasimatos" > wrote in message
> My personal favorite pinot noir from that area is Longoria. Bonaccorsi
> is good, too, but there's no more of it.

I forgot about Longoria; Rick makes good wines too.

BTW, Michael Bonaccorsi's widow, Jenne, is continuing the brand/name.

Tom S

Tom S

"D. Gerasimatos" > wrote in message
> Zaca Mesa

I forgot to mention that Zaca Mesa no longer produces Pinot Noir. They've
completely converted to Rhone varietals. Kind of a shame, really, because
they made some pretty good Cabernet.

Tom S

Tom S

"D. Gerasimatos" > wrote in message
> Zaca Mesa

I forgot to mention that Zaca Mesa no longer produces Pinot Noir. They've
completely converted to Rhone varietals. Kind of a shame, really, because
they made some pretty good Cabernet.

Tom S

D. Gerasimatos

In article >,
Tom S > wrote:
>"D. Gerasimatos" > wrote in message
>>
>> My personal favorite pinot noir from that area is Longoria. Bonaccorsi
>> is good, too, but there's no more of it.

>I forgot about Longoria; Rick makes good wines too.
>
>BTW, Michael Bonaccorsi's widow, Jenne, is continuing the brand/name.

I heard this, but I cannot imagine the wines are the same.

Dimitri

D. Gerasimatos

In article >,
Tom S > wrote:
>"D. Gerasimatos" > wrote in message
>>
>> My personal favorite pinot noir from that area is Longoria. Bonaccorsi
>> is good, too, but there's no more of it.

>I forgot about Longoria; Rick makes good wines too.
>
>BTW, Michael Bonaccorsi's widow, Jenne, is continuing the brand/name.

I heard this, but I cannot imagine the wines are the same.

Dimitri

Mark Lipton

Hunt wrote:

> I would also add Beckman's Pinot Noirs - seems he does three IIRC, and all are
> quite good, though probably of limited release, unless one is in Los Olivos.

Hunt,
IIRC it's "Beckmen."

Mark Lipton
Mark Lipton

Hunt wrote:

> I would also add Beckman's Pinot Noirs - seems he does three IIRC, and all are
> quite good, though probably of limited release, unless one is in Los Olivos.

Hunt,
IIRC it's "Beckmen."

Mark Lipton
Jack Straw from Wichita

A nice Merlot?

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
> Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
> Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>
> what other choices under $30 a bottle??

Jack Straw from Wichita

A nice Merlot?

> wrote in message
ups.com...
> Clos Pegase 2001 Mitsukos Vineyard Pinot Noir or
> Domaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
> Bouchaine Carneros 2002 Pinot Noir or
>
> what other choices under $30 a bottle??

SD Smoker

I had the Andrew Murray Syrah with a meal this week and thought it
wonderful. The Sideways party is a grand idea. Will have to give that
a trial run.

SDS

Dana H. Myers

For a Sideways party?

I'd buy a few really top-notch bottles of
Merlot.

If you buy Pinot Noir for a Sideways party,
you're missing the entire point of the movie.

Dana

Dana H. Myers

Tom S wrote:

> For a "Sideways" party you want authentic, Santa Barbara County Pinot
> Noirs - which none of those are.

I'm curious why you think this, Tom. This seems to be
the same logic that the MTV staff used when they
selected Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" as an
anthem for MTV back in the 1980s...

;-)

Dana
Dana H. Myers

Tom S wrote:

> For a "Sideways" party you want authentic, Santa Barbara County Pinot
> Noirs - which none of those are.

I'm curious why you think this, Tom. This seems to be
the same logic that the MTV staff used when they
selected Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" as an
anthem for MTV back in the 1980s...

;-)

Dana

Tom S

"Dana H. Myers" > wrote in message
> Tom S wrote:
>
>> For a "Sideways" party you want authentic, Santa Barbara County Pinot
>> Noirs - which none of those are.

> I'm curious why you think this, Tom.

Why I think which? That Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir is most appropriate
for a "Sideways" event, or that none of those wines are from Santa Barbara
County? ;^)

This seems to be
> the same logic that the MTV staff used when they
> selected Dire Straits' "Money For Nothing" as an
> anthem for MTV back in the 1980s...

Worked well for MTV, didn't it? Kind of appropriate too, I'd say.

Tom S

Dana H. Myers

Tom S wrote:
> "Dana H. Myers" > wrote in message
>
>>Tom S wrote:
>>

>>>For a "Sideways" party you want authentic, Santa Barbara County Pinot
>>>Noirs - which none of those are.

>>I'm curious why you think this, Tom.

> Why I think which? That Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir is most appropriate
> for a "Sideways" event

That.

The movie wasn't about Pinot Noir, or wine, at all.

Dana
potatoman

Dana H. Myers wrote:

>> Why I think which? That Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir is most
>> appropriate for a "Sideways" event

> That.
>
> The movie wasn't about Pinot Noir, or wine, at all.
>
> Dana

well, I could be wrong, but I don't think you can rent, as party favors
or centerpieces, two losers who have nothing but each other, their
contorted relationships, and addictions. Maybe, but I doubt it.

So, since the primary character espouses of, and a lot of the dialogue
of the film revolves around, Pinot Noir, it makes sense that it would be
the most obvious choice for the wine to serve at such a party.
potatoman

Dana H. Myers wrote:

>> Why I think which? That Santa Barbara County Pinot Noir is most
>> appropriate for a "Sideways" event

> That.
>
> The movie wasn't about Pinot Noir, or wine, at all.
>
> Dana

well, I could be wrong, but I don't think you can rent, as party favors
or centerpieces, two losers who have nothing but each other, their
contorted relationships, and addictions. Maybe, but I doubt it.

So, since the primary character espouses of, and a lot of the dialogue
of the film revolves around, Pinot Noir, it makes sense that it would be
the most obvious choice for the wine to serve at such a party.
Dana H. Myers

potatoman wrote:

> well, I could be wrong, but I don't think you can rent, as party favors
> or centerpieces, two losers who have nothing but each other, their
> contorted relationships, and addictions. Maybe, but I doubt it.

Sure.

> So, since the primary character espouses of, and a lot of the dialogue
> of the film revolves around, Pinot Noir, it makes sense that it would be
> the most obvious choice for the wine to serve at such a party.

This is all part of why I wouldn't attempt to have a
_Sideways_ party in the first place. Jack's compulsive
philandering is as much of the movie as Miles' obsession
with Pinot Noir.

Dana

Pinot Noir aesthete8 Wine 6 11-12-2010 04:48 PM
Best Pinot Noir within $40? Professor Wine 31 11-12-2006 02:22 AM
"Sideways" Award for this Pinot Noir....any comment? [email protected] Wine 0 01-06-2005 08:45 PM
Pinot Noir Mike Winemaking 9 11-09-2004 12:45 AM
Pinot Noir ernie Winemaking 4 10-04-2004 10:08 PM