Gaston Leyack

Default Next Big Thing

Blue Nun, Mateus Rose, Chablis, Chardonnay, Merlot, Syrah... There's
always been a dominating trend in wine consumption in the US. Of
course I know Chardonnay is still the most consumed wine in the US, but
I am referring to consumption growth over the previous year.

I'm going to go ahead and volunteer my gut feeling is Sauvignon Blanc
is definitely on the up and could be it, cannibalizing Chardonnay
sales.

Can I ask what each of you thinks will be the Next Big Thing in wine in
the US?

Gaston