Mike P

Default Rex Goliath Pinot 2002

I was going thru a Cost Plus last week and noticed that the current vintage
of RG PN that they were selling was 2002 -- I didn't buy any because I was
away from home and my laundry room (.. whoops cellar) is full of the 2001.
Has anyone tried this yet?? Or is it a really recent release?

Also. it appeared that the cab and merlot were being sold as NV. Don't know
if this is a change... I never paid much attention to them.

Mike P

Joe Giorgianni

"Mike P" > wrote in message
>I was going thru a Cost Plus last week and noticed that the current vintage
> of RG PN that they were selling was 2002 -- I didn't buy any because I was
> away from home and my laundry room (.. whoops cellar) is full of the 2001.
> Has anyone tried this yet?? Or is it a really recent release?

I just bought a case last week from Pop's Wines. Had a bottle the other
night. As always, the quality/price ratio was good. It did seem like it
could use just a bit of cellaring to smooth out. On the other hand, I think
I've been spoiled for Pinot Noir by all of the 1985 red burgundys I've drank
over the years.

I will continue to buy Rex Goliath.

--
Joe Giorgianni
TheWho.org

"This guitar has seconds to live" Posters

Joe Giorgianni

"Mike P" > wrote in message
>I was going thru a Cost Plus last week and noticed that the current vintage
> of RG PN that they were selling was 2002 -- I didn't buy any because I was
> away from home and my laundry room (.. whoops cellar) is full of the 2001.
> Has anyone tried this yet?? Or is it a really recent release?

I just bought a case last week from Pop's Wines. Had a bottle the other
night. As always, the quality/price ratio was good. It did seem like it
could use just a bit of cellaring to smooth out. On the other hand, I think
I've been spoiled for Pinot Noir by all of the 1985 red burgundys I've drank
over the years.

I will continue to buy Rex Goliath.

--
Joe Giorgianni
TheWho.org

"This guitar has seconds to live" Posters

Greg Sumner

Joe Giorgianni wrote:
> "Mike P" > wrote in message
>> I was going thru a Cost Plus last week and noticed that the current
>> vintage of RG PN that they were selling was 2002 -- I didn't buy any
>> because I was away from home and my laundry room (.. whoops cellar)
>> is full of the 2001. Has anyone tried this yet?? Or is it a really
>> recent release?

> I just bought a case last week from Pop's Wines. Had a bottle the
> other night. As always, the quality/price ratio was good. It did seem
> like it could use just a bit of cellaring to smooth out. On the other
> hand, I think I've been spoiled for Pinot Noir by all of the 1985 red
> burgundys I've drank over the years.
>
> I will continue to buy Rex Goliath.

I tried both the Cab and Pinot recently and found them to be as good a value
as always.

GS.

Greg Sumner