Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: white Burgs and Paso Robles, red Bierzo and Sonoma Coast

With clams and pasta , the 2001 Remi Jobard Le Poruzot-Dessus Meursault 1er.. Pear, butterscotch, almondy and round,fully mature but not tired. Ill drink these up soon. My limited "01 recent white Burgundy experience is that even if not premoxed most could use a little more acidic structure, that holds true here. B

With zaatar seasoned local chicken, the 2013 Raul Perez Ultreia St Jacques (Bierzo)
Ripe black fruits, some smoky meat, fairly lush with some tannin and oak. Good in a Rhonish way. B/B+

David was in town, changed mind and said hed join us for dinner after I had left fishmonger with enough fish for 2, went to butcher for a heritage pork chop and we did surf and turf- Bluefish dijonnais, local pork chop, broccoli, caprese

2011 Tablas Creek Esprit Blanc de Tablas
Good acids for Rhone varieties (think 70% Roussanne), peaches and flowers, oily Rhone texture. B

2014 Wind Gap Pinot Noir (Sonoma)
I liked this more than Jenise. Red fruits, spicy, a little sandalwood. Good acids, good length, good value at $25. B+/B

With grouper marinated with a kind of North African spice mix, the 2014 Domaine Michelot Sous La Velle Meursault (375 ml). Some oak, round, pit fruit, sweet finish, a little empty. Disappointing B-/C+

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 1:45:13 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> With clams and pasta , the 2001 Remi Jobard Le Poruzot-Dessus Meursault 1er. Pear, butterscotch, almondy and round,fully mature but not tired. Ill drink these up soon. My limited "01 recent white Burgundy experience is that even if not premoxed most could use a little more acidic structure, that holds true here. B
>
> With zaatar seasoned local chicken, the 2013 Raul Perez Ultreia St Jacques (Bierzo)
> Ripe black fruits, some smoky meat, fairly lush with some tannin and oak. Good in a Rhonish way. B/B+
>
> David was in town, changed mind and said hed join us for dinner after I had left fishmonger with enough fish for 2, went to butcher for a heritage pork chop and we did surf and turf- Bluefish dijonnais, local pork chop, broccoli, caprese
>
> 2011 Tablas Creek Esprit Blanc de Tablas
> Good acids for Rhone varieties (think 70% Roussanne), peaches and flowers, oily Rhone texture. B
>
> 2014 Wind Gap Pinot Noir (Sonoma)
> I liked this more than Jenise. Red fruits, spicy, a little sandalwood. Good acids, good length, good value at $25. B+/B
>
> With grouper marinated with a kind of North African spice mix, the 2014 Domaine Michelot Sous La Velle Meursault (375 ml). Some oak, round, pit fruit, sweet finish, a little empty. Disappointing B-/C+
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

I have always enjoyed the Tablas Creek Wines. They are a bit pricey at times but I always find them interesting.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On 9/29/17 10:38 AM, Bi!! wrote:
> On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 1:45:13 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
>> With clams and pasta , the 2001 Remi Jobard Le Poruzot-Dessus Meursault 1er. Pear, butterscotch, almondy and round,fully mature but not tired. Ill drink these up soon. My limited "01 recent white Burgundy experience is that even if not premoxed most could use a little more acidic structure, that holds true here. B
>>
>> With zaatar seasoned local chicken, the 2013 Raul Perez Ultreia St Jacques (Bierzo)
>> Ripe black fruits, some smoky meat, fairly lush with some tannin and oak. Good in a Rhonish way. B/B+
>>
>> David was in town, changed mind and said hed join us for dinner after I had left fishmonger with enough fish for 2, went to butcher for a heritage pork chop and we did surf and turf- Bluefish dijonnais, local pork chop, broccoli, caprese
>>
>> 2011 Tablas Creek Esprit Blanc de Tablas
>> Good acids for Rhone varieties (think 70% Roussanne), peaches and flowers, oily Rhone texture. B
>>
>> 2014 Wind Gap Pinot Noir (Sonoma)
>> I liked this more than Jenise. Red fruits, spicy, a little sandalwood. Good acids, good length, good value at $25. B+/B
>>
>> With grouper marinated with a kind of North African spice mix, the 2014 Domaine Michelot Sous La Velle Meursault (375 ml). Some oak, round, pit fruit, sweet finish, a little empty. Disappointing B-/C+
>>
>> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

> I have always enjoyed the Tablas Creek Wines. They are a bit pricey at times but I always find them interesting.

Same here. We get regular shipments without having to be wine club
members. Nice price break from retail and get the Roussanne that isn't
ordinarily available here.

Posted to alt.food.wine

>> I have always enjoyed the Tablas Creek Wines.* They are a bit pricey
>> at times but I always find them interesting.

> Same here. We get regular shipments without having to be wine club
> members. Nice price break from retail and get the Roussanne that isn't
> ordinarily available here.

Yup, here, too. I'm with Bill, though, and many of their offerings are
just too pricey for us.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, October 2, 2017 at 10:53:01 AM UTC-4, Mark Lipton wrote:
> >> I have always enjoyed the Tablas Creek Wines.* They are a bit pricey
> >> at times but I always find them interesting.

> > Same here. We get regular shipments without having to be wine club
> > members. Nice price break from retail and get the Roussanne that isn't
> > ordinarily available here.

> Yup, here, too. I'm with Bill, though, and many of their offerings are
> just too pricey for us.
>
> Mark Lipton

True.
But this was an auction buy, 12 bottles (2 '11 Esprit Blanc, 4 '11 Esprit red, 6 '12 Esprit red) for $95 plus vig- $115. At under $10/bottle I'm happy..

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 10/3/17 8:46 AM, DaleW wrote:

> True.
> But this was an auction buy, 12 bottles (2 '11 Esprit Blanc, 4 '11 Esprit red, 6 '12 Esprit red) for $95 plus vig- $115. At under $10/bottle I'm happy.

Fair enough, Dale. At that price point, I'd jump, too.

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On 10/3/17 6:46 AM, DaleW wrote:

>>> Same here. We get regular shipments without having to be wine club
>>> members. Nice price break from retail and get the Roussanne that isn't
>>> ordinarily available here.

>> Yup, here, too. I'm with Bill, though, and many of their offerings are
>> just too pricey for us.
>>
>> Mark Lipton
>>

> True.
> But this was an auction buy, 12 bottles (2 '11 Esprit Blanc, 4 '11 Esprit red, 6 '12 Esprit red) for $95 plus vig- $115. At under $10/bottle I'm happy.

Wow, great deal. Who was the auction through?
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Tuesday, October 3, 2017 at 1:04:40 PM UTC-4, Lawrence Leichtman wrote:

> Wow, great deal. Who was the auction through?

Heritage

TN: Bday dinner (Burgs, Bdx, Paso Robles, Champagne, MSR, Vouvray,etc) DaleW Wine 0 01-10-2009 04:31 PM
Paso Robles Fred[_2_] Wine 2 28-05-2008 01:11 AM
[FAQ] 3d. Paso Robles Mark Lipton Wine 8 11-10-2006 09:47 PM
Paso Robles Trip Gary Wine 7 07-09-2006 07:59 PM
Paso Robles winemonger Wine 7 19-04-2004 01:07 AM