Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Loads of Lambrays, plus Meursaults, Champagnes, and a Rivesaltes

SOBER gathered at Cathleens for a lovely tasting (not blind for a change). We started with charcuterie and some Champagne

1996 Lanson Brut
Crisp, spicy, elegant mousse, long. What a nice surprise. A-

Bereche (2012 disgorgement) Brut Reserve
Asian pear, citrus zest, brioche. Long and fine. A-/B+

2010 Antoine Jobard €śTillets€ť Meursault 1er
The acids are more Chablis-like than Meursault-ish, but thats not a bad thing. Stony, white fruit and herb notes, big and long. A-

2010 Antoine Jobard €śEn Barre€ť Meursault
Funny/funky nose, hint of brett? Nice fruit, some hazelnut B

There was a lovely mushroom stew with a delicious crust

A nice lineup from Domaine des Lambrays

2009 Domaine des Lambrays €śLes Loups€ť Morey St. Denis 1er Cru
Somewhat weird nose (some called pickle juice, not to me, but a little medicinal), a little heat (though early picked), not my fave. B-

2009 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays
Ripe but not overripe, could use more zip but tasty. B

2010 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays
Young but well-balanced, fresh , bright, spicy red fruits, will be very good. B+/A-

2005 Domaine des Lambrays €śLes Loups€ť Morey St. Denis 1er Cru
Not as elegant/focused as the GC, red fruits, earth. B+/B

2005 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays
A bit tight, but you can see a real beauty underneath. Red and black cherries, earth,a little mocha. Long and delicious. A-

Boeuf bourguignon, yum

2000 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays (mag)
Lovely and ready, spicy and long. Drinking quite well (though it got better in glass). A-/B+

1999 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays
This may have suffered from transport, seemed grumpy next to the "00, a bit muddled. Solid wine underneath I think B

Some cheeses

1989 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays
Pretty, elegant in a high toned style. B+/A-

1988 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays
Sturdy, young, a little rustic but I enjoyed. B+

1983 Domaine des Lambrays Clos des Lambrays
Comparatively tired, though it actually got better in glass. A little VA, brown sugar, but some solid cranberry fruit. B/B-

Nice lineup. Cathleen passed some cookies and a dessert wine
1978 Cazes Rivesaltes
Nuts, Christmas spices, pungent. B

Great night

88 Dom. Lambrays Emery Davis[_3_] Wine 1 26-04-2010 03:06 AM
1947 Rivesaltes Nils Gustaf Lindgren[_1_] Wine 0 11-04-2008 08:50 PM
TN: '00 Lambrays, others at a charity dinner DaleW Wine 0 23-01-2006 09:09 PM
Book listing only glycemic index/loads Chris Diabetic 3 28-11-2005 10:34 PM
TN: Loads of cheapies right before Christmas Dale Williams Wine 4 28-12-2004 08:38 PM