Old 28-11-2005, 11:00 AM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Chris

Default Book listing only glycemic index/loads

Hello,

I apologize if this is a faq. While reading "Fantastic Voyage" by
Ray Kurzwell and Terry Grossman, I discovered they recommend if you
want to live longer to eat this way.
I'm trying to be semi-vegetarian and I'm now looking for a book
listing only glycemic indexes and or load.

What do you think about a non-diabetic trying to live this way?

Quote:
Studies have demonstrated that hight-GL diets are strongly
associated with blood markers (indications) of syndrome X, such as
lowered HDL-C (beneficial cholesterol) and elevated triglycerides
(blood fats. So try to eat lower-GL foods.

Thank you,
Christopher Lusardi

Old 28-11-2005, 03:21 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Chris

Because of the FAQ, I've ordered the below book through Barnes and
Noble used and books out of print.

The New Glucose Revolution: The Authoritative Guide to the Glycemic

Christopher Lusardi

Old 28-11-2005, 08:38 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Tiger Lily

foods that are low in glycemic index/glycemic load
are foods that are high water/fibre
content......... and are full of anti-oxidants for
our bodies

i eat low Gi and GL

www.mendosa.com has a substantial listing of the
glycemic indexes of many foods, and a good
explanation of the glycemid load

good luck, and happy healthy eating

kate
--
Join us in the Diabetic-Talk Chatroom on UnderNet
/server irc.undernet.org --- /join #Diabetic-Talk

ups.com...

Old 28-11-2005, 10:34 PM posted to alt.food.diabetic
Alan S

On 28 Nov 2005 03:00:16 -0800, "Chris"
wrote:

Hello,

I apologize if this is a faq. While reading "Fantastic Voyage" by
Ray Kurzwell and Terry Grossman, I discovered they recommend if you
want to live longer to eat this way.
I'm trying to be semi-vegetarian and I'm now looking for a book
listing only glycemic indexes and or load.

What do you think about a non-diabetic trying to live this way?

Quote:
Studies have demonstrated that hight-GL diets are strongly
associated with blood markers (indications) of syndrome X, such as
lowered HDL-C (beneficial cholesterol) and elevated triglycerides
(blood fats. So try to eat lower-GL foods.

Thank you,
Christopher Lusardi

Go to the source: www.glycemicindex.com
You'll find books for sale there - click on the side-bar.

Cheers, Alan, T2, Australia.