Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Sauternes with Christmas dinner

My sister-in-law made a wonderful traditional Christmas dinner - turkey w/ stuffing, potato filling, candied yams, cranberry sauce, and corn bake (a blend of corn with corn muffin batter).

I brought 2012 Antoine Moueix La Fleur Renaissance Sauternes to the dinner. Honey yellow with a bouquet of pineapple, lime and honey mead. Fairly bold flavors of sweet honey and tangy citrus with a slightly syrupy texture. A wonderful value at $15/375mL (in PA). I'm the lone wine fan in my family, so it's up to me to finish this bottle. Such a heavy cross to bear!

Dan-O
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Dan the Man" wrote:

> I'm the lone wine fan in my family, so it's up to me to finish this
> bottle.
> Such a heavy cross to bear!

Suck it up, Danno! pun intended :-)
A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, December 27, 2015 at 2:49:15 PM UTC-5, st.helier wrote:
> "Dan the Man" wrote:
>
> > I'm the lone wine fan in my family, so it's up to me to finish this
> > bottle.
> > Such a heavy cross to bear!

> Suck it up, Danno! pun intended :-)
> A man's gotta do what a man's gotta do!

Still one serving left ... oh, the agony!

Dan-O

TN SFWS Sauternes JT Wine 0 12-11-2009 04:46 PM
Sauternes cshubs Wine 1 27-09-2009 07:02 AM
A few Sauternes questions Vincent Wine 6 25-07-2004 03:46 AM
Anyone going for '03 Sauternes futures? Jaybert41 Wine 1 01-05-2004 01:06 PM