Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: rosés and more

With teriyaki sockeye and quinoa, 2014 Bedrock "Ode to Lulu" rose. Sweet/tart raspberry, flowers, good acids, crisp. B+

with grilled chicken & squash the 2014 Colle Stefano Verdicchio di Matelica.. Bright, saline, lemony. Fresh and bright, a littlle nut and mineral. Excellent value. B++

Friday night a friend dropped by for drinks on the patio with I grilled chorizo (served with snow peas, and cabbage). A couple roses and a half of red

2010 Cayuse "Edith" rose
This was a generous gift from a collecting friend. Red fruits and citrus, a bit ponderous. Not sure if the wine or just getting tired. B-/C+

2014 Muri Gries Lagrein Rosato
Liked more than the Edith, but this could use a bit more zip/verve. Nice somewhat dense cranberry/raspberry fruit, but a little soft on acids and not so long. B/B-

2006 Rossignol-Trapet Gevrey-Chambertin (375 ml)
Even in half bottle still showing some stern tannins. But the fruit is pretty supple, black cherry with nice soil tones, moderate length. Nice enough for $15. B

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 1:43:42 PM UTC-7, DaleW wrote:
> With teriyaki sockeye and quinoa, 2014 Bedrock "Ode to Lulu" rose. Sweet/tart raspberry, flowers, good acids, crisp. B+
>
> with grilled chicken & squash the 2014 Colle Stefano Verdicchio di Matelica. Bright, saline, lemony. Fresh and bright, a littlle nut and mineral. Excellent value. B++
>
> Friday night a friend dropped by for drinks on the patio with I grilled chorizo (served with snow peas, and cabbage). A couple roses and a half of red
>
> 2010 Cayuse "Edith" rose
> This was a generous gift from a collecting friend. Red fruits and citrus, a bit ponderous. Not sure if the wine or just getting tired. B-/C+
>
> 2014 Muri Gries Lagrein Rosato
> Liked more than the Edith, but this could use a bit more zip/verve. Nice somewhat dense cranberry/raspberry fruit, but a little soft on acids and not so long. B/B-
>
> 2006 Rossignol-Trapet Gevrey-Chambertin (375 ml)
> Even in half bottle still showing some stern tannins. But the fruit is pretty supple, black cherry with nice soil tones, moderate length. Nice enough for $15. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

I am really impressed with the variety and quality of Rosés currently out.. I seem to have found one after the other that are good to great.
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Monday, May 18, 2015 at 4:43:42 PM UTC-4, DaleW wrote:
> With teriyaki sockeye and quinoa, 2014 Bedrock "Ode to Lulu" rose. Sweet/tart raspberry, flowers, good acids, crisp. B+
>
> with grilled chicken & squash the 2014 Colle Stefano Verdicchio di Matelica. Bright, saline, lemony. Fresh and bright, a littlle nut and mineral. Excellent value. B++
>
> Friday night a friend dropped by for drinks on the patio with I grilled chorizo (served with snow peas, and cabbage). A couple roses and a half of red
>
> 2010 Cayuse "Edith" rose
> This was a generous gift from a collecting friend. Red fruits and citrus, a bit ponderous. Not sure if the wine or just getting tired. B-/C+
>
> 2014 Muri Gries Lagrein Rosato
> Liked more than the Edith, but this could use a bit more zip/verve. Nice somewhat dense cranberry/raspberry fruit, but a little soft on acids and not so long. B/B-
>
> 2006 Rossignol-Trapet Gevrey-Chambertin (375 ml)
> Even in half bottle still showing some stern tannins. But the fruit is pretty supple, black cherry with nice soil tones, moderate length. Nice enough for $15. B
>
> Grade disclaimer: I'm a very easy grader, basically A is an excellent wine, B a good wine, C drinkable. Anything below C means I wouldn't drink at a party where it was only choice.Furthermore, I offer no promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.

Ive been enjoying a number of great Rose myself. Just had a Charles and Charles this past weekend.

Roses are red... sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 18-05-2010 09:18 PM
Roses are red... The Todal General Cooking 0 18-05-2010 03:43 PM
Roses Lawrence Leichtman Wine 3 31-05-2006 12:39 PM
Roses Lawrence Leichtman Wine 15 05-07-2005 06:01 PM
Roses & co Orlondow Tea 0 23-02-2004 09:40 PM