Lawrence Leichtman

Default Roses

What Roses either French or what few true ones exist in the US, does the
group like? I have several picnics coming up with food that would be
ideal for a Rose.
Chuck Reid

You anywhere near Niagara?
--
Regards
Chuck

To reply, delete NOSPAM from return address

"Lawrence Leichtman" > wrote in message
> What Roses either French or what few true ones exist in the US, does the
> group like? I have several picnics coming up with food that would be
> ideal for a Rose.

Hunt

In article >, larry@lleichtman.
org says...

>What Roses either French or what few true ones exist in the US, does the
>group like? I have several picnics coming up with food that would be
>ideal for a Rose.

Most of the Tavels that are available in AZ/US are wonderful.

Beckman (San Luis Obispo/CA/US) does a very nice Granache Rose.

This should get you started,
Hunt

Lawrence Leichtman

In article >,
"Chuck Reid" > wrote:

> You anywhere near Niagara?

Not really. Are Niagra Roses available away from the winery. I have
Tavel's, by the way and was looking for something a tad spicier.
Lawrence Leichtman

In article >,
Lawrence Leichtman > wrote:

> What Roses either French or what few true ones exist in the US, does the
> group like? I have several picnics coming up with food that would be
> ideal for a Rose.

Has anyone tried Folie as Deux's Rose looking wine?

tcleek

Charles Melton from the Barossa in Australia makes a very nice Rose
called Rose of Virgina. I don't know if you can find it but its worth a try

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> What Roses either French or what few true ones exist in the US, does the
> group like? I have several picnics coming up with food that would be
> ideal for a Rose.

Jim

Lawrence Leichtman wrote:
> What Roses either French or what few true ones exist in the US, does the
> group like? I have several picnics coming up with food that would be
> ideal for a Rose.

Just recently had this year's (2004) Domaine Tempier Bandol Rose and it
was showing very well. A serious rose to stand with Tavel as the most
serious in France.

As Dale noted, a lot of Bordeaux chateaux seem to have released roses
in 2004. So far I've only seen Monbousquet and Calon-Segur. Neither
have been exciting (and I'm a big Calon-Segur fan, so I was disposed to
like that one). You might look to the Loire for cabernet-based roses.

I also find that lighter Bardolino or Valpolicella (not the new,
heavily extracted, trophy Valpos) do well with rose-friendly foods.

Finally, I just tried the sparkling rose from Bugey-Cerdan (a Savoie
appellation) for the first time. Sweet, fizzy, and a hell of a lot of
fun.

Enjoy,

Jim

Timothy Hartley

> In Tavel I love the Rosé from Domaine de la Mordorée, bettter known
> for its Chateau9.
>

> Mike Tommasi, Six Fours, France

Hear! Hear!

I also like Diane de Puymorin‘s rosés — both the Trassegum and her
Classique — from Ch. d‘Or et des Gueles near Génerac. The Trassegum is
a wonderfully fruity but dry wine of considerable intensity - a food
rosé — but I don‘t know if she exports to the USA.

Timothy Hartley
DaleW

My top contenders so far this year:
2004 Cantalupo "il Mimo"
2004 Ch. d'Oupia (Minervois)

As Jim noted, the Tempier '04 is very good, but at $25+ quite a bit
more than other ros=E9s.

Also good, if maybe a notch below the above:
2004 Baudry Chinon

Next level, still offering good value:
Mas de la Dame

Haven't had, but others that are usually pretty good include the Grande
Cassagne and the Chivite rosado.

Chuck Reid

No, Canadian Rosés are generally not available internationally. That's good
for us as an outside market would only hoist the price of some really nice
CF based summer tipplers.
--
Regards
Chuck
So much wine; So little time!

To reply, delete NOSPAM from return address

"Lawrence Leichtman" > wrote in message
> In article >,
> "Chuck Reid" > wrote:
>
> > You anywhere near Niagara?

> Not really. Are Niagra Roses available away from the winery. I have
> Tavel's, by the way and was looking for something a tad spicier.

Larry

On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:45:31 -0400, "Chuck Reid"
> wrote:

>No, Canadian Rosés are generally not available internationally. That's good
>for us as an outside market would only hoist the price of some really nice
>CF based summer tipplers.

Let me pick your brain there Chuck. Have recently bought some white
zins but would like to try some of does der things your takin about -
the Roses. Any suggestions so I don't have to go through the whole
dang store. ;-}

Larry

Mark Lipton

Mike Tommasi wrote:

> Let me also recommend Domaine de Terrebrune Rosé, a new addition to
> Kermit Lynch's selection and therefore should be easy to find in the
> US. I have tasted 10 year old Rosé from Terrebrune that is very
> interesting. Interestingly, Kermit now has the 3 truly dynamic Bandol
> wineries, all now run by the new generation of young and very
> dedicated winemakers. Antoine at Tour du Bon, Daniel at Domaine
> Tempier, and Reynald at Domaine Terrebrune are definitely the guys to
> follow.
>
> In Tavel I love the Rosé from Domaine de la Mordorée, bettter known
> for its Chateau9.

While I agree with all of the above recommendations, none have so far
mentioned *my* favorite rosé: Billecart-Salmon Brut Rosé ;-)

Mark Lipton
Chuck Reid

Greetings Larry;

I've been guzzling quite a bit of CSC Rosé of late and like it quite fine.
I've also just picked up 6 Jackson-Triggs which I sampled at the winery on
Saturday and quite like also. I'm really partial to CF Rosé and don't much
like the blended impostors. I kinda think they're only available at the
wineries but hey, give the LCBO a try.

As an aside, CSC is re-re-releasing the really, really last of their 2002
Gamay Res. this month and has very limited qtys. @ $24.95.... I've spoken
for a case but if your interested and can't get any on your own hook I would
be willing to share my allotment.... Greater love than this hath no
man........ :>))
--

"Larry" > wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:45:31 -0400, "Chuck Reid"
> > wrote:
>
> >No, Canadian Rosés are generally not available internationally. That's

good
> >for us as an outside market would only hoist the price of some really

nice
> >CF based summer tipplers.

> Let me pick your brain there Chuck. Have recently bought some white
> zins but would like to try some of does der things your takin about -
> the Roses. Any suggestions so I don't have to go through the whole
> dang store. ;-}
>

> Larry

Archie Warnock

"DaleW" > wrote in news:1120482730.328806.277820
@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com:

> Haven't had, but others that are usually pretty good include the Grande
> Cassagne and the Chivite rosado.

The Ch. Grande Cassagne is a perennial best buy. The '03 last year was
stunningly good - especially at under $10 - and the '04, out now, is also
excellent.

--
Archie

-- Archie Warnock Internet: warnock_at_awcubed_dot_com
-- A/WWW Enterprises http://www.awcubed.com
-- As a matter of fact, I _do_ speak for my employer.

TN: rosés and more DaleW Wine 2 19-05-2015 02:10 PM
Roses are red... sf[_9_] General Cooking 0 18-05-2010 09:18 PM
Roses are red... The Todal General Cooking 0 18-05-2010 03:43 PM
Roses Lawrence Leichtman Wine 3 31-05-2006 12:39 PM
Roses & co Orlondow Tea 0 23-02-2004 09:40 PM