Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2011 Nexus Ribera del Duera Cosecha

I picked this up on mark down at the local ABC the wine manager didn't
have anything on it other than that it retails for 21.99 (I paid 15)
Spanish wines have been excellent bets for the last couple of years so I
took a chance. With skirt steak and potatoes it is a fantastic young
wine and reminds me somewhat of the power that a Moulin a Vent delivers
compared to mere beaujoulais. It is Tempranillo to be sure and tending
toward but not quite reaching jamminess as a fault. There are some
tannins and a nice long finish. With the steak, it was heavenly. I would
buy more if I could at $16 at $22 maybe not.

It is one of those top end of its class wines that deliver. On the other
hand I have also noted favorably Equia a Rioja Reserva 2007 that
delivers fantastic value at the low end of its class. Equia is a reserva
that prices lower than some crianzaa and I feel should be judged
accordingly. It lacks depth and power but is a great every day wine and
at $7.99 at Costco . . . a case won't break the budget.
--
Joseph Coulter