Posted to alt.food.wine

Default OT whisky comment

Because the state liquor store was having a slight sale, I bought some
Dewar's White Label. You know, for a blended whisky it's good, with a
great smoky flavor much more evident than in Ballantines's or Cutty Sark.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Hi Jim

I must say that I am more of a single malt man, myself, my favourites being
Laphroaig 18yr (Islay) and Talisker 18yr (Skye).

I am spending a week, in May, circumnavigating Scotland, (via car, with
English friends). Probably will not make it across to Islay, but will
definitely be going to Skye.

It is our intention of visiting every distillery we pass

We will then be taking the vehicle over to Ireland, and circling that
island, for a further week or so - sampling the ales and whiskeys as we
go.

We shall wait until we travel over to France before getting back to wines.

Detailed tasting notes most unlikely to follow

st.helier

"James Silverton" wrote

> Because the state liquor store was having a slight sale, I bought some
> Dewar's White Label. You know, for a blended whisky it's good, with a
> great smoky flavor much more evident than in Ballantines's or Cutty Sark.

Senior Member

Location: Foat Wuth

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Silverton[_4_] View Post
Because the state liquor store was having a slight sale, I bought some
Dewar's White Label. You know, for a blended whisky it's good, with a
great smoky flavor much more evident than in Ballantines's or Cutty Sark.

--
Jim Silverton (Potomac, MD)

Extraneous "not." in Reply To.
Real men drink for the buzz. Get a grip. A shot of red eye in a dirty glass worked for John Wayne. Girly men should drink Shirley Temples.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Wow - a redneck on foodbanter !!!!!!

Now who is the pansy?

How often do you drink whisky? planbanan General 2 09-10-2008 12:18 AM
Cooking with whisky D.Currie General Cooking 40 25-07-2006 09:41 PM
appreciating an old whisky jw 1111 General Cooking 129 19-02-2006 08:58 PM
Whisky Rarebit Duckie ® Recipes 0 09-10-2005 04:00 PM
Brining with Whisky? Graeme... in London Barbecue 23 13-11-2003 07:42 AM