Posted to alt.food.wine

Default [TN] Weekend wines

On Saturday, with grilled arctic char, we opened:

2009 Celine & Laurent Tripoz Macon-Vinzelles "Les Morandes"
nose: lemon, stones, a hint of tropical fruit
palate: crisp acidity, medium-light body

Another of our Selection Massale purchases, this was a Chardonnay that
appealed even to our jaded, Muscadet-attuned palates.

Tonight, to accompany broiled rack of lamb and the 49ers return to the
Super Bowl, we opened:

2002 Ridge Lytton Springs
nose: red plums, cedar, mint
palate: medium-full body, smooth tannins, balanced acidity

Although the game didn't turn out as we would have liked, the wine was
singing and went fabulously with the lamb. Alas, this was our last
bottle of the '02 LS, but the '03 and the '02 Geyserville remain to
console us.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

"Mark Lipton" wrote

> Although the game didn't turn out as we would have liked, the wine was
> singing and went fabulously with the lamb.

I think the ghost of Joseph Rosenberg will be singing, too :-)
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sunday, February 3, 2013 11:54:25 PM UTC-5, Mark Lipton wrote:
> On Saturday, with grilled arctic char, we opened:
>

> 2009 Celine & Laurent Tripoz Macon-Vinzelles "Les Morandes"
>
> nose: lemon, stones, a hint of tropical fruit
>
> palate: crisp acidity, medium-light body
>

> Another of our Selection Massale purchases, this was a Chardonnay that
>
> appealed even to our jaded, Muscadet-attuned palates.
>

> Tonight, to accompany broiled rack of lamb and the 49ers return to the
>
> Super Bowl, we opened:
>

> 2002 Ridge Lytton Springs
>
> nose: red plums, cedar, mint
>
> palate: medium-full body, smooth tannins, balanced acidity
>

> Although the game didn't turn out as we would have liked, the wine was
>
> singing and went fabulously with the lamb. Alas, this was our last
>
> bottle of the '02 LS, but the '03 and the '02 Geyserville remain to
>
> console us.
>

> Mark Lipton

Tripoz sounds nice, I see some of their wines available locally.
Sorry about the game, glad the Ridge showed well

[TN] Weekend wines Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 23-09-2012 11:08 PM
TN: Weekend wines from all over DaleW Wine 0 15-08-2011 03:05 PM
Weekend Wines Bi!! Wine 1 03-06-2010 06:49 PM
weekend wines Emery Davis Wine 0 29-09-2004 02:45 PM
TN: weekend wines (BdM, Bourgogne, PG) Dale Williams Wine 0 15-06-2004 06:20 PM