Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Weekend Wines

I drank a number of different wines this weekend. We smoked a 9lb.
Waygu brisket from Loebel's, grilled a bone in leg of lamb and did
Copper River Sockeye Salmon on cedar planks. Drank a variety of wines
and made quick notes.

2009 Cliff Lede Sauvignon Blanc-Grassy and grapefruity. Nice citrus
and orchard fruit finish. B+

2007 Kelham Vineyard Napa Chardonnay-Medium bodied, a bit of pineapple
and lemon. Nice balance, crisp and clean. "B"

2005 Kistler "Kistler Vineyards" Chardonnay-Big, lkemony, floral and
stony. Lot's of orange and orange blossom notes on the nose. "A"

2006 Kongsgaard "The Judge" Chardonnay-Very Burgundian. Lot's of
lemon curd and wet stones. Very intense. "A-"

2004 Vincent Girardin Batard Montrachet-Wow. Plenty of earth and
mineral with deep lemon peel on the nose. Smooth rich and balanced on
the palate with a black earth mineral note on the finish. "A"

1985 Cos d"Estournel-Very light bricking. Barnyard and earth aromas
with plum and red berry notes. Tasty, mature, medium bodied
Bordeaux. Plums, red berries and black cherry with a fair amount of
minerality and well resolved tannins. "B+"

1999 Turley Hayne Vineyard Petite Syrah-Like blackberry brandy.
Thick, concentrated. Creme de Cassis and a bit of smoked bacon. "A"

2001 Elderton Command Barossa Shiraz-I don't drink many Aussie wines
but this was exceptional-Milk chocolate and roasted coffee notes-
almost like cappucino. Minty eucalyptus, a bit of anise. Deep and
concentrated without being heavy. "A"

2005 Bouchard "Le Corton"-Sweet Cherry nose. Slightly sappy red berry
and red cherry flavors. Layers of complexity, fine tannins. Needs
time "B+"

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jun 1, 11:55*am, "Bi!!" > wrote:
> I drank a number of different wines this weekend. *We smoked a 9lb.
> Waygu brisket from Loebel's, grilled a bone in leg of lamb and did
> Copper River Sockeye Salmon on cedar planks. *Drank a variety of wines
> and made quick notes.
>
> 2009 Cliff Lede Sauvignon Blanc-Grassy and grapefruity. *Nice citrus
> and orchard fruit finish. B+
>
> 2007 Kelham Vineyard Napa Chardonnay-Medium bodied, a bit of pineapple
> and lemon. *Nice balance, crisp and clean. "B"
>
> 2005 Kistler "Kistler Vineyards" Chardonnay-Big, lkemony, floral and
> stony. *Lot's of orange and orange blossom notes on the nose. "A"
>
> 2006 Kongsgaard "The Judge" Chardonnay-Very Burgundian. *Lot's of
> lemon curd and wet stones. *Very intense. "A-"
>
> 2004 Vincent Girardin Batard Montrachet-Wow. *Plenty of earth and
> mineral with deep lemon peel on the nose. *Smooth rich and balanced on
> the palate with a black earth mineral note on the finish. "A"
>
> 1985 Cos d"Estournel-Very light bricking. *Barnyard and earth aromas
> with plum and red berry notes. *Tasty, mature, medium bodied
> Bordeaux. *Plums, red berries and black cherry with a fair amount of
> minerality and well resolved tannins. "B+"
>
> 1999 Turley Hayne Vineyard Petite Syrah-Like blackberry brandy.
> Thick, concentrated. *Creme de Cassis and a bit of smoked bacon. *"A"
>
> 2001 Elderton Command Barossa Shiraz-I don't drink many Aussie wines
> but this was exceptional-Milk chocolate and roasted coffee notes-
> almost like cappucino. *Minty eucalyptus, a bit of anise. *Deep and
> concentrated without being heavy. *"A"
>
> 2005 Bouchard "Le Corton"-Sweet Cherry nose. *Slightly sappy red berry
> and red cherry flavors. *Layers of complexity, fine tannins. *Needs
> time "B+"

Excellent notes and sounds like a good time. I have been on the
lookout for the Elderton but not readily available in Santa Fe.

[TN] Weekend wines Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 04-02-2013 03:24 PM
[TN] Weekend wines Mark Lipton[_1_] Wine 2 23-09-2012 11:08 PM
TN: Weekend wines from all over DaleW Wine 0 15-08-2011 03:05 PM
weekend wines Emery Davis Wine 0 29-09-2004 02:45 PM
TN: weekend wines (BdM, Bourgogne, PG) Dale Williams Wine 0 15-06-2004 06:20 PM