Posted to alt.food.wine

Default New Zealand

Is there a FAQ for New Zealand? We will be going there in February on
an unusual format as we will be on a cruise that makes 10 hour stops
at many ports circumnavigating New Zealand from Sydney. Also any wine
tasting opportunities within a reasonable distance from Sydney. We
will be there 6 days.
Posted to alt.food.wine

lleichtman wrote:
> Is there a FAQ for New Zealand? We will be going there in February on
> an unusual format as we will be on a cruise that makes 10 hour stops
> at many ports circumnavigating New Zealand from Sydney. Also any wine
> tasting opportunities within a reasonable distance from Sydney. We
> will be there 6 days.

Yes, the FAQ entry is he

http://winefaq.cwdjr.net/wine/section3b.php#lkiwi

What is a reasonable distance from Sydney? The Hunter Valley is the
closest wine region, but it's several hours' drive from Sydney proper.
Since most of New Zealand's wine regions are coastal, you'll be able to
visit Gisbourne, Hawke's Bay (Napier), maybe Martinborough (Wellington)
and Marlborough (Blenheim/Nelson).

I think that the recommendations in the FAQ are still reasonably
reliable despite being a few years old. I should update the information
in the Central Otago Section, but that's not going to be on your
itinerary anyway.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 14, 7:09*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> lleichtman wrote:
> > Is there a FAQ for New Zealand? We will be going there in February on
> > an unusual format as we will be on a cruise that makes 10 hour stops
> > at many ports circumnavigating New Zealand from Sydney. Also any wine
> > tasting opportunities within a reasonable distance from Sydney. We
> > will be there 6 days.

> Yes, the FAQ entry is he
>
> http://winefaq.cwdjr.net/wine/section3b.php#lkiwi
>
> What is a reasonable distance from Sydney? *The Hunter Valley is the
> closest wine region, but it's several hours' drive from Sydney proper.
> Since most of New Zealand's wine regions are coastal, you'll be able to
> visit Gisbourne, Hawke's Bay (Napier), maybe Martinborough (Wellington)
> * and Marlborough (Blenheim/Nelson).
>
> I think that the recommendations in the FAQ are still reasonably
> reliable despite being a few years old. *I should update the information
> in the Central Otago Section, but that's not going to be on your
> itinerary anyway.
>
> Mark Lipton

Nope on the Central Otago as it would be a 3 hour trip from Dunedin
and 6 hours for 2-3 hours of tasting wouldn't be viable. I would
appreciate any additions you can make to the FAQ. By the way, how do I
get to it now from Google Groups?
Posted to alt.food.wine

>>Larry asked.....
>>
>> Is there a FAQ for New Zealand?

"Mark Lipton" wrote .........

>Yes, the FAQ entry is he
>
> http://winefaq.cwdjr.net/wine/section3b.php#lkiwi
>
> I think that the recommendations in the FAQ are still reasonably
> reliable despite being a few years old.

Perhaps time I revisited this portion of FAQ

Is it still being maintained?

--

st.helier
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 14, 10:50*pm, lleichtman > wrote:
> On May 14, 7:09*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
>

> > lleichtman wrote:
> > > Is there a FAQ for New Zealand? We will be going there in February on
> > > an unusual format as we will be on a cruise that makes 10 hour stops
> > > at many ports circumnavigating New Zealand from Sydney. Also any wine
> > > tasting opportunities within a reasonable distance from Sydney. We
> > > will be there 6 days.

> > Yes, the FAQ entry is he

> >http://winefaq.cwdjr.net/wine/section3b.php#lkiwi

> > What is a reasonable distance from Sydney? *The Hunter Valley is the
> > closest wine region, but it's several hours' drive from Sydney proper.
> > Since most of New Zealand's wine regions are coastal, you'll be able to
> > visit Gisbourne, Hawke's Bay (Napier), maybe Martinborough (Wellington)
> > * and Marlborough (Blenheim/Nelson).

> > I think that the recommendations in the FAQ are still reasonably
> > reliable despite being a few years old. *I should update the information
> > in the Central Otago Section, but that's not going to be on your
> > itinerary anyway.

> > Mark Lipton

> Nope on the Central Otago as it would be a 3 hour trip from Dunedin
> and 6 hours for 2-3 hours of tasting wouldn't be viable. I would
> appreciate any additions you can make to the FAQ. By the way, how do I
> get to it now from Google Groups?

The main door for the online version for the FAQ for this group is at
http://winefaq.cwdjr.net . This is a subdomain of my domain http://www.cwdjr.net
which is a private domain without index. Mark Lipton takes care of the
writing of the FAQs with input from several people. I only put this
online in html form. Since my domain has nothing to do with Google
Groups, you can only get to the FAQs from Google Groups if someone
gives you the url for the FAQs on a Google Groups post, such as Mark
Lipton did in the url he gave for the section concerning New Zealand.

The web site has all of the current information, but some has not been
updated for a while and some sections have not been completed. I did
once check if all urls contained in the FAQs still worked, and changed
or deleted some that did not work after consulting with Mark Lipton. I
likely need to do this again. I have backups for the site both on my
computer and DVD, and Mark Lipton is provided a new backup when there
is some material in it that is not in the last backup.

Posted to alt.food.wine

st.helier wrote:
>>> Larry asked.....
>>>
>>> Is there a FAQ for New Zealand?

> "Mark Lipton" wrote .........
>>
>> Yes, the FAQ entry is he
>>
>> http://winefaq.cwdjr.net/wine/section3b.php#lkiwi
>>
>> I think that the recommendations in the FAQ are still reasonably
>> reliable despite being a few years old.

> Perhaps time I revisited this portion of FAQ
>
> Is it still being maintained?

Yes, I'd be happy to update any contribution you'd provide.

Mark Lipton
Posted to alt.food.wine

On May 15, 5:56*am, Mark Lipton > wrote:

> > "Mark Lipton" *wrote .........

> >> Yes, the FAQ entry is he

> >>http://winefaq.cwdjr.net/wine/section3b.php#lkiwi

> >> I think that the recommendations in the FAQ are still reasonably
> >> reliable despite being a few years old.

> > Perhaps time I revisited this portion of FAQ

> > Is it still being maintained?

> Yes, I'd be happy to update any contribution you'd provide.
>
> Mark Lipton

Please do guys. We have about 14 people who will be on the trip though
only about 1/2 will go on the wine tasting parts.