Posted to alt.food.wine

Default New Zealand

lleichtman wrote:
> Is there a FAQ for New Zealand? We will be going there in February on
> an unusual format as we will be on a cruise that makes 10 hour stops
> at many ports circumnavigating New Zealand from Sydney. Also any wine
> tasting opportunities within a reasonable distance from Sydney. We
> will be there 6 days.

Yes, the FAQ entry is he

http://winefaq.cwdjr.net/wine/section3b.php#lkiwi

What is a reasonable distance from Sydney? The Hunter Valley is the
closest wine region, but it's several hours' drive from Sydney proper.
Since most of New Zealand's wine regions are coastal, you'll be able to
visit Gisbourne, Hawke's Bay (Napier), maybe Martinborough (Wellington)
and Marlborough (Blenheim/Nelson).

I think that the recommendations in the FAQ are still reasonably
reliable despite being a few years old. I should update the information
in the Central Otago Section, but that's not going to be on your
itinerary anyway.

Mark Lipton