Posted to alt.food.wine

Default An interesting dining experience

Yesterday was my wife's birthday and we went to a local upscale
restaurant for dinner where she would get a free bottle of wine
because it was her birthday. Anyway ...
She ordered lamb, I ordered prime rib, and we requested a bottle of
Pinot Noir. The waitress came and told me they were out of prime rib
so I substituted a sirloin steak. We got our order and the steak,
although done medium rare was tough. A manager came over and asked
if the steak was OK, I replied that it was tough, but I'll take it
home, slice it thin, marinade it and make fajitas. He said he would
take it off our bill.
The free wine was a 2008 Pillow Rd Pinot Noir, Sonoma, CA and it was
very tasty.
I later checked the Pillow Rd winery and discovered that our wine
sells for $47 US at the winery and fewer than 600 cases were made.

Our total bill was $38 US but we left a very generous tip.

We'll go back to that restaurant on my birthday, that's coming soon,
and I'll ask if they have prime rib when I walk in the door!

Dick in MN

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Fri, 02 Dec 2011 13:37:21 -0600, Dickr > wrote:

>Yesterday was my wife's birthday and we went to a local upscale
>restaurant for dinner where she would get a free bottle of wine
>because it was her birthday. Anyway ...
>She ordered lamb, I ordered prime rib, and we requested a bottle of
>Pinot Noir. The waitress came and told me they were out of prime rib
>so I substituted a sirloin steak. We got our order and the steak,
>although done medium rare was tough. A manager came over and asked
>if the steak was OK, I replied that it was tough, but I'll take it
>home, slice it thin, marinade it and make fajitas. He said he would
>take it off our bill.
>The free wine was a 2008 Pillow Rd Pinot Noir, Sonoma, CA and it was
>very tasty.
>I later checked the Pillow Rd winery and discovered that our wine
>sells for $47 US at the winery and fewer than 600 cases were made.
>
>Our total bill was $38 US but we left a very generous tip.
>
>We'll go back to that restaurant on my birthday, that's coming soon,
>and I'll ask if they have prime rib when I walk in the door!
>
>Dick in MN

A deal like that could almost persuade me to move back to Minnesota!
:-)
Member

hi
I'd like to have got my rooster accomplish from Bel Canto (the actual eating place that combines food using Safari activities) working in london but they are certainly not open around the date I'd like. Really does any person know every other trendy locations or even dining activities? Almost all who show up at will be expectant as well as b-feeding hence the hen perform is often a grown up connection with no strippers, T dishes as well as ingesting away from undressed men!!! Just exciting!
There exists a tiny restaurant within Notting Slope containing ready staff inside Austrian garb and they bring out cow bells and sing..(guru!). been there tho, accomplished that product it was fantastic thus trying to find similar.
Posted to alt.food.wine

Wow, entire meal (before tip) cost less than the wine retail? Now that's a birthday!