Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Bordeaux, Beaujolais, and Mosel

Delivered some joint buys, one friend open a $5 red, the 2009 Ch. Les
Rosiers (Bordeaux). There's nothing off about this, but there's
nothing especially interesting, a medium bodied ripe red, low acid,
some tannin, a non-descript Merlot blend. I guess worth $5, but glad I
only have 2. Fine if you want cheap red wine. C+

Tuesday was a family favorite, chicken schnitzel over herb salad with
an anchovy lemon dressing. Wine was the 2006 La Louviere (Pessac-
Leognon) Blanc. Nice fairly full bodied Bdx blanc, citrus and green
plum, good acids, clean finish. Wednesday's dinner was salmon tartare
over caulflower, as I was taking a college group out that night I
stuck to half a glass of the leftover Graves. A bit fuller, smoke and
mineral, I think better. By day 3 showed some oxidation. B+/B

Thursday was meatball and a marinara sauce over pasta, with the 2009
Prebende Beaujolais. Cherries and strawberries, bright, a little leafy
note. Ripe but good acidity. Pleasant if not deep. B

Friday leftover chicken, vegetable fried rice, and salad with the 2008
JJ Prum Graacher Himmelreich Kabinett Riesling. There's a touch of
sulphur, but not the brimstone bomb of some young Prum. Very light,
almost lacy, delicate and pure. Despite it's litheness it seems to
have underlying power. Infanticide, but I enjoy. A-/B+

I felt like red after dinner and opened a half of the 1970 Ch. Gruaud-
Larose (St Julien). This was still showing fairly fresh from the 375,
with a surprising soft red fruit profile. Some cigarbox, earth, but
really more about the fruit. I've had several times from full bottles
before, and wouldn't have recognized, but I did enjoy. B+/B

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 13:27:17 -0700, DaleW wrote:

> Delivered some joint buys,

How much does a joint cost up there in New York? ;-)

Godzilla
Posted to alt.food.wine

On Apr 2, 4:42*pm, Godzilla > wrote:
> On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 13:27:17 -0700, DaleW wrote:
> > Delivered some joint buys,

> How much does a joint cost up there in New York? ;-)
>
> Godzilla

I was thinking the same thing!!