Posted to alt.food.wine

Default 2009 Orin Swift Abstract

New release from maker Dave Phinney at Orin Swift. I like Orin Swift
Saldo Zinfandel, and his SB called Veladora, I'm not a huge fan of The
Prisoner but I can see why people like it. The 2009 Abstract is a
Rhone sytle blend featuring Grenache, Petite Syrah and Syrah. The wine
is big and ripe a little hot and is loaded with fresh berry flavors
with a little smoke on the finish. Very primary and one dimentional
right now but made improve with a little cellar time. At $25 it's not
a bad value for a Grenache driven wine from California. "B"

2011 Orin Swift Palermo and Abstract Bi!! Wine 0 08-05-2013 04:31 PM
2008 Orin Swift Saldo Bi!! Wine 2 16-05-2011 04:49 PM
2007 Orin Swift Saldo Zinfandel Bi!! Wine 2 14-04-2009 06:26 PM
Abstract MaciejZabawa Winemaking 0 17-10-2007 09:07 PM
Abstract: Food is... bobmarley General Cooking 5 08-08-2006 05:07 AM