Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: Loire pink bubbly, Chambolle, SuperT

Dave made dinner Wednesday, a sausage/pepper strata that was really
delicious. We had an open Chianti and Rueda around from night before,
but I decided to open another half bottle, the 2004 Felsina
Fontalloro. From 375 it was fairly open, pretty black cherry and plum
fruit, anise, a bit of oak vanilla. Nice structure, the fruit in
harmony with the acids and tannin. Really quite enjoyable, and I was
sorry I shared with Dave and Betsy. A-/B+

With an "orange dinner" (smoked paprika chicken, orange rice, Indian
glazed carrots), the NV Pinon Brut Rose (Touraine). Totally dry,
strawberries and orange zest, nice mousse, maybe a touch austere for
the food, but quite nice. B+

With salmon in a teriyaki-ish marinade (sake, mirin,ginger) over a
soba/daikon/arugula salad with a dashi/soy dressing, the 2002 JJ
Confuron Chambolle-Musigny. Big fruit, kirsch and raspberry, a bit of
oak spice. This just really doesn't say Chambolle or even Burgundy to
me, those it's certainly a solid enough PN. B

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*
Posted to alt.food.wine

DaleW wrote:

> With salmon in a teriyaki-ish marinade (sake, mirin,ginger) over a
> soba/daikon/arugula salad with a dashi/soy dressing, the 2002 JJ
> Confuron Chambolle-Musigny. Big fruit, kirsch and raspberry, a bit of
> oak spice. This just really doesn't say Chambolle or even Burgundy to
> me, those it's certainly a solid enough PN. B

I've never tried a Confuron wine, believing that the style was a bit too
big/New World for me. Your note seems to confirm this suspicion. Your
thoughts?

Mark Lipton

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Sep 3, 9:39*pm, Mark Lipton > wrote:
> DaleW wrote:
> > With salmon in a teriyaki-ish marinade (sake, mirin,ginger) over *a
> > soba/daikon/arugula salad with a dashi/soy dressing, the 2002 JJ
> > Confuron Chambolle-Musigny. Big fruit, kirsch and raspberry, a bit of
> > oak spice. This just really doesn't say Chambolle or even Burgundy to
> > me, those it's certainly a solid enough PN. B

> I've never tried a Confuron wine, believing that the style was a bit too
> big/New World for me. *Your note seems to confirm this suspicion. *Your
> thoughts?
>
> Mark Lipton
>
> --
> alt.food.wine FAQ: *http://winefaq.cwdjr.net

Rep was oaky in the 90s, I'd heard they had lightened touch. But this
wasn't something that inspired me to look for more Confuron.

TN: Broken Bdx, wrong white, lovely Chambolle & Loire, etc DaleW Wine 1 16-10-2015 06:36 PM
TN: Gewurz and pink Loire bubbly DaleW Wine 0 17-01-2012 04:10 PM
TN: 2 Loires- still white, bubbly pink DaleW Wine 0 18-09-2009 09:32 PM
TN: pink bubbly sweet wine! DaleW Wine 2 19-03-2009 01:52 PM
TN: Loire Bubbly and 2 cheap Bdx DaleW Wine 2 29-08-2008 05:06 PM