Posted to alt.food.wine

Default TN: 2 Loires- still white, bubbly pink

Wednesday Betsy opened the 2007 Domaine de la Pepiere (Ollivier) "Clos
des Briords" Muscadet as a cooking wine. I had a glass when I got in.
Lean but clean, citrus, saline minerality. Good, but a glass last
night when I got in from a board meeting was better- it seemed broader
yet retained good cut, the fruit more expansive, some oystershell
meets wet rock minerality on the finish. Excellent wine, B+/A-

The dinner was lamb korma and aloo sag (with collards and kale in
addition to spinach). The lamb was fragrant but not aggressively
spiced, I considered spicy red, off-dry, white, and rose, but finally
Betsy chose sparkling rose from the options I presented. I always like
the NV*Pinon*Touraine Rose- excellent acidity, somewhat reserved
petillance, a pleasant little hint of bitters to the cranberry/
raspberry fruit. On Thursday night it had lost most of its
effervesense, but was still quite interesting. B+

promises of objectivity, accuracy, and certainly not of consistency.*

TN: Gewurz and pink Loire bubbly DaleW Wine 0 17-01-2012 04:10 PM
TN: Loire pink bubbly, Chambolle, SuperT DaleW Wine 2 06-09-2010 09:17 PM
TN: pink bubbly sweet wine! DaleW Wine 2 19-03-2009 01:52 PM
TN: 1968 Rioja, plus Loires and a Aussie bubbly DaleW Wine 1 07-08-2008 07:40 PM
TN: Two Loires- one pink, one red DaleW Wine 0 28-09-2007 07:20 PM