Posted to alt.food.wine

Default Happy New Year!

May the new year be filled with good friends, good food
and good wine. Tonight is a good time to start.

Dick in cold and icy Minnesota, USA
Posted to alt.food.wine

I second that thought. It is cold and snowy here in Boston, but probably
warmer than in Minnesota.

Happy New Year to all!

"dickr2" > wrote in message
> May the new year be filled with good friends, good food
> and good wine. Tonight is a good time to start.
>
> Dick in cold and icy Minnesota, USA

Posted to alt.food.wine

Skies dark and gloomy here in Virginia 35º at 9:30am - 80 miles west of
Washington, D.C.
Staying warm inside today!
Dee Dee

"Mike Tommasi" > wrote in message
> It is warm, wet and wery windy here, but have a good 2010!
>
> Mike
>
> R wrote:
>> I second that thought. It is cold and snowy here in Boston, but probably
>> warmer than in Minnesota.
>>
>> Happy New Year to all!

>> "dickr2" > wrote in message
>>> May the new year be filled with good friends, good food
>>> and good wine. Tonight is a good time to start.
>>>
>>> Dick in cold and icy Minnesota, USA

> --
> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Posted to alt.food.wine

Another 6 inches of snow on the ground here in Scotland yesterday with
the side effect of bringing the temperature up to about -3C (26.6F).

The temperature since about 21st has typically been -8C (17.6F) here
in Elgin since its only 6 miles from the coast. Further inland more
like -18C (0.4F) rising to -10C (14F) during the day.

New Year seen in something suitable to country and climate - Benriach
Madiera Cask.

Happy New Year to all on AFW

James

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 09:27:22 -0500, "Dee Dovey" >
wrote:

>Skies dark and gloomy here in Virginia 35º at 9:30am - 80 miles west of
>Washington, D.C.
>Staying warm inside today!
>Dee Dee
>

>"Mike Tommasi" > wrote in message
>> It is warm, wet and wery windy here, but have a good 2010!
>>
>> Mike
>>
>> R wrote:
>>> I second that thought. It is cold and snowy here in Boston, but probably
>>> warmer than in Minnesota.
>>>
>>> Happy New Year to all!

>> --
>> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
>> email link http://www.tommasi.org/mymail

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Dec 31 2009, 5:14*pm, "R" > wrote:
> I second that thought. *It is cold and snowy here in Boston, but probably
> warmer than in Minnesota.
>
> Happy New Year to all!

> "dickr2" > wrote in message

> > May the new year be filled with good friends, good food
> > and good wine. Tonight is a good time to start.

> > Dick in cold and icy Minnesota, USA

Let me add my New Year's wish for all and a healthy, happy year with
no weasel wines.

Posted to alt.food.wine

On Jan 1, 10:19*am, James Dempster > wrote:
> Another 6 inches of snow on the ground here in Scotland yesterday with
> the side effect of bringing the temperature up to about -3C (26.6F).
>
> The temperature since about 21st has typically been -8C (17.6F) here
> in Elgin since its only 6 miles from the coast. Further inland more
> like -18C (0.4F) rising to -10C (14F) during the day.
>
> New Year seen in something suitable to country and climate - Benriach
> Madiera Cask.
>
> Happy New Year to all on AFW
>
> James
>
> On Fri, 1 Jan 2010 09:27:22 -0500, "Dee Dovey" >
> wrote:
>

> >Skies dark and gloomy here in Virginia 35º at 9:30am - 80 miles west of
> >Washington, D.C.
> >Staying warm inside today!
> >Dee Dee

> >"Mike Tommasi" > wrote in message
> >> It is warm, wet and wery windy here, but have a good 2010!

> >> Mike

> >> --
> >> Mike Tommasi - Six Fours, France
> >> email linkhttp://www.tommasi.org/mymail

You're in the north? My stepson goes to St Andrews, he says it's
seldom that cold there and they don't get a huge amount of snow. But
Scotland is big, and I assume you're farther north.!

Happy New Year to all (NYC metro area is a seasonable mid-30s F, a
little snow yesterday)

Posted to alt.food.wine

"dickr2" > wrote in message
| May the new year be filled with good friends, good food
| and good wine. Tonight is a good time to start.
|
| Dick in cold and icy Minnesota, USA

Happy New Year from the South Pacific.
No need to bore you with the weather ;-) Hee Hee.

New Year's eve wines
With mussels in white wine, garlic, parsley;
2005 JM Brocard Chablis 1er Beauregard. Warm vintage, tropical
fruits peach/pear, lacks the nervosity that attracts me to Chablis from
cooler years but pleasant enough.
Med rare scotch fillet and fresh picked from garden, green salad;
2003 Ata Rangi PN. Some bottle development but losing the florals.
Plummy with earthyness, fading, drinkup. I had hopped this would
have held up better since has screwcap closure

greybeard

Posted to alt.food.wine

Default (A Belated) Happy New Year!

dickr2 wrote:
> May the new year be filled with good friends, good food
> and good wine. Tonight is a good time to start.
>
> Dick in cold and icy Minnesota, USA

Just back from two weeks on the West Coast (notes to follow). Happy New
Year to all, and best wishes for a most joyous and wine-filled 2010!

Mark Lipton