Posted to rec.food.cooking

Default Happy New Year!

For those who already downloaded the other message, I canceled it and
am adding something I forgot.

I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of the grub! I decided to
do "heavy hors d'oeuvres" - everyone who came contributed both food
and wine.

Food on the table was

mushrooms stuffed with equal parts hot Italian sausage and the chopped
stems, some Five Cheese mix (mozzarella, provolone, romano, asiago and
parmesan) in the mixture and on top
cheese fondue with baby zucchini, broccoli, bread cubes and thick
pretzel sticks for dippers (I forgot to cut up some carrots)
hot artichoke dip with
finger sandwiches (ham, beef, smoked salmon)
meat roll ups
pate
various cheeses
lox & cream cheese (it was supposed to be chicken drummets - oh, well)
desserts - 4 different types of fruit tarts and 1 delicious homemade
apple pie (which was scarffed up immediately)
soy ice cream (not my 1st choice, but it was pretty good)
various candies (some home made)
gobs of wine/champagne
lemon flavored fizzy water

All that food for only 12 adults and 3 kids under 10. We had some
leftovers, but we put a huge dent in the food and we put a lot bottles
in recycling.

Look ma, no hangover! Adult kids did the right thing and spent
the night here.

--
See return address to reply by email
remove the smiley face first
Posted to rec.food.cooking

<sf> wrote in message ...

> For those who already downloaded the other message, I canceled it and
> am adding something I forgot.
>

> I can't believe I forgot to take pictures of the grub! I decided to
> do "heavy hors d'oeuvres" - everyone who came contributed both food
> and wine.
>
> Food on the table was
>
> mushrooms stuffed with equal parts hot Italian sausage and the chopped
> stems, some Five Cheese mix (mozzarella, provolone, romano, asiago and
> parmesan) in the mixture and on top
> cheese fondue with baby zucchini, broccoli, bread cubes and thick
> pretzel sticks for dippers (I forgot to cut up some carrots)
> hot artichoke dip with
> finger sandwiches (ham, beef, smoked salmon)
> meat roll ups
> pate
> various cheeses
> lox & cream cheese (it was supposed to be chicken drummets - oh, well)
> desserts - 4 different types of fruit tarts and 1 delicious homemade
> apple pie (which was scarffed up immediately)
> soy ice cream (not my 1st choice, but it was pretty good)
> various candies (some home made)
> gobs of wine/champagne
> lemon flavored fizzy water
>
> All that food for only 12 adults and 3 kids under 10. We had some
> leftovers, but we put a huge dent in the food and we put a lot bottles
> in recycling.
>
> Look ma, no hangover! Adult kids did the right thing and spent
> the night here.
>
> --
> See return address to reply by email
> remove the smiley face first

We also had a low key New Year's Eve last night with about 20 folks thorough
the evening. For food there was:

1) Oliebollen (Dutch doughnutty things w/no holes currants and raisins)
2) Dutch split pea soup (I'd try to spell it but I can mangle spelling in 3
languages)
3) Ham - shank half....good for black eyed peas the next day
4) Hummos with vegetables and homemade garlic/cayenne pita chips
5) Sugared pecans made by a friend of mine while here. WOW.....sweet but
good
6) Pecan pie with or without ice cream
7) Dutch salmon salad
8) Antipasta tray (from the last leftover bits and pieces of catering for
the last month
9) Meatballs with a Stroganoff type sauce (geeze, I'm sick of seeing these
things. I think we've gone through 2-3000 this month)
10) Deviled Eggs
11) Cream cheese, sundried tomato, basil torte (homemade and good)
12) sliced strawberries with Gran Mariner

I think that's it......everyone just brought stuff and we had a nice low key
time. It was a great way to usher in this New Year - 2008.

I wish for everyone, everywhere to have a wonderful year.

helen

PS - No hangover here either!