Michael Bartlett

Default Some Rioja's

Does anyone recognise any of these (probably cheapish) Rioja's:
http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/offers/...case_large.jpg

Laithwaites is doing quite a reasonable offer on a case of them:
http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/offer.pasp?code=kg64

Santiago

"Michael Bartlett" > wrote in

> Does anyone recognise any of these (probably cheapish) Rioja's:
> http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/offers/...case_large.jpg
>
> Laithwaites is doing quite a reasonable offer on a case of them:
> http://www.laithwaites.co.uk/offer.pasp?code=kg64

Hi Michael,

from the picture you linked, I can see that the bottles are not the perfect
selection of Rioja wines.

One pair of the bottles seem to read "Torre Oña Crianza". It could be
related to Barón de Oña which is a winery from La Rioja Alta winery.

Other two bottles seem to be "Monasterio Crianza" and I have not found a
reference to them.

Third par is "Imperio". Again, no reference. Could this be a matter of
wines for a foreign market that are not available in Spain? I can't tell.

Same for Rey de Copas.

Four par seems to read "Castillo de Maluenda" which is a winery not from
Rioja but from Aragón. They are quite good at making old vine grenache
wines, very affordable, but this label seems to be very old-fashioned,
since they tend to use modern labels (see: www.castillodemaluenda.com ).

If you allow me to be direct, I would pass.

Best from Spain,

S.

2001 La Rioja Alta "Viña Ardanza" Reserva Especial Rioja Michael Nielsen[_4_] Wine 4 07-05-2016 11:51 PM
TN: CA, WA, NZ, and Rioja, mostly cheapies DaleW Wine 2 06-07-2009 03:22 PM
TN: CalCab and Rioja DaleW Wine 1 25-11-2007 04:01 PM
How long to keep Rioja Yorkshiresoul Wine 1 15-04-2005 07:51 AM
Rioja Tam Wine 1 28-02-2005 12:01 AM