Steve

Default South African wine recommendations ???

Hello,

I'm enquiring on bahalf of a friend who is helping with a South African
theme party. Can anyone recommend some good wines from this country to
try ?

Thanks so much
Steve

Mont Rachet

The '98 Rubicon from Meerlust is readily available and quite ready to drink
from an excellent vintage.
mt

"Steve" > wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I'm enquiring on bahalf of a friend who is helping with a South African
> theme party. Can anyone recommend some good wines from this country to
> try ?
>
> Thanks so much
> Steve

Michael Bartlett

Mulderbosch Sav. Blanc
Meerlust Rubi or Merlot
Vergelegen Cabernet
Kevin Arnold Shiraz
Plasir de Merle for anything they make
Saxenberg Private Collection Shiraz
Slaley Pinot/Shiraz
Beyerskloof Pinotage (just because it is - or was I haven't had it in
years - a benchmark Pinotage)

Don't know where you are based, but in the UK I use these guys a bit:
http://www.sawinesonline.co.uk/asp/default.asp

Enjoy.

"Steve" > wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I'm enquiring on bahalf of a friend who is helping with a South African
> theme party. Can anyone recommend some good wines from this country to
> try ?
>
> Thanks so much
> Steve

Bill Davy

Also in the UK, the following club does regular mixed cases of quality SA
wines. They also give good talks to wine clubs.

Nadine Pienaar
South African Wine of the Month Club
18 Deena Close
Queens Drive
London
W3 0HR
Tel/Fax: +44 (0) 208 922 2759

"Steve" > wrote in message

> Hello,
>
> I'm enquiring on bahalf of a friend who is helping with a South African
> theme party. Can anyone recommend some good wines from this country to
> try ?
>
> Thanks so much
> Steve

Kent Feiler

On Wed, 25 Feb 2004 04:55:58 GMT, Steve > wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I'm enquiring on bahalf of a friend who is helping with a South African
>theme party. Can anyone recommend some good wines from this country to
>try ?
>
>Thanks so much
>Steve

I just had one I liked. It's called "Rust En Vrede" from
Stellenbosch. It's a Cabernet-Shiraz with a dollup of Merlot stirred
in. One negative, this was a 2000 and it really needs a few more
years in the cool end of the basement before it's ready. Perhaps there
are earlier years that are also good.

Regards,

Kent Feiler
www.KentFeiler.com