michelle

Default 1984 cakebread cabernet

I am doing research on a 1984 Cakebread Cabernet- i would like to know
how this year was and any information of value or taste. If anyone
has any information or a good site that may i would greatly appreciate
it.
Tom S

"michelle" > wrote in message
om...
> I am doing research on a 1984 Cakebread Cabernet- i would like to know
> how this year was and any information of value or taste.

!984 was a good, but not great, year for California Cabernet. Some of the
'84s were excellent, and should still be holding. Many are near the end or
past plateau unless they were cellared well.

I can't speak for the Cakebread. I never tasted it, but if you'd like to
bring it by I'll give you an honest opinion on it. :^)

Tom S

George Cutshaw

"Tom S" > wrote in message
.. .

> "michelle" > wrote in message
> om...
> > I am doing research on a 1984 Cakebread Cabernet- i would like to know
> > how this year was and any information of value or taste.

> !984 was a good, but not great, year for California Cabernet. Some of the
> '84s were excellent, and should still be holding. Many are near the end

or
> past plateau unless they were cellared well.
>
> I can't speak for the Cakebread. I never tasted it, but if you'd like to
> bring it by I'll give you an honest opinion on it. :^)
>
> Tom S

I tasted the 84 Cakebread many years ago (early 90s). At the time, it was a
fairly good, middle-tier, fruity, soft and not too complex wine that
reminded me of Welch's grape jelly.

Christmas, 1984 Yeff General Cooking 16 25-12-2016 07:44 AM
2009 Cakebread Napa Sauvignon Blanc Bi!! Wine 3 01-07-2011 03:13 PM
TN 82 Cakebread Cabernet Emery Davis[_2_] Wine 1 15-04-2009 03:08 PM
Cakebread Cellars, Chard Joseph Coulter[_3_] Wine 3 16-07-2008 08:09 PM
TN: Cakebread California Cab '00 Ed Rasimus Wine 0 29-02-2004 04:11 PM