Larry

Default Amarone - Curiousity satisfied

AMARONE 1998 Az. Agr. Tommasi . Opened the bank vault today and
spent $50 on a bottle that I have been eyeing for a long time. I'm
happy to say my curiosity has been satisfied. I prefer many other
Cabs and Shirazses just a much for half the price although I would
still jump for joy if someone gave it to me as a gift.
It is truly the most full bodied(thick) wine I've tried and is very
balanced with a smooth and long finish. A bit bitter at the end (some
would love this I'm sure) and that would be the only drawback to
buying this again.

Any other Cabs and/or Shirazes that seem as "thick" and full bodied as
this Amarone out there?

Larry Stumpf,
S. Ontario,
Canada
John Zinni

"Larry" > wrote in message

> AMARONE 1998 Az. Agr. Tommasi . Opened the bank vault today and
> spent $50 on a bottle that I have been eyeing for a long time. I'm
> happy to say my curiosity has been satisfied. I prefer many other
> Cabs and Shirazses just a much for half the price although I would
> still jump for joy if someone gave it to me as a gift.

If you ever get a chance to taste an Amarone by Giuseppe Quintarelli, jump
at it. This is by far my favourite wine. His Amarone used to sell for about
$100 (Can) and at that price, I would argue that it was well worth every
penny. Recently (last year I believe) his prices jumped to about $300 (Can).
At this price I am a little more reluctant to buy, but perhaps for very
special occasions.

> It is truly the most full bodied(thick) wine I've tried and is very
> balanced with a smooth and long finish. A bit bitter at the end (some
> would love this I'm sure) and that would be the only drawback to
> buying this again.
>
> Any other Cabs and/or Shirazes that seem as "thick" and full bodied as
> this Amarone out there?
>
> Larry Stumpf,
> S. Ontario,
> Canada

jcoulter

Larry > wrote in
:

> AMARONE 1998 Az. Agr. Tommasi . Opened the bank vault today and
> spent $50 on a bottle that I have been eyeing for a long time.

Congratulations. Amarone is a unique wine that grows on you. Many
people react as you did to their first experiences, but like other
qulaity wines, familiarity breeds not contempt, but amiration.

I prefer many other
> Cabs and Shirazses just a much for half the price although I would
> still jump for joy if someone gave it to me as a gift.
> It is truly the most full bodied(thick) wine I've tried and is very
> balanced with a smooth and long finish. A bit bitter at the end

That is the amar that gives it the name
(some
> would love this I'm sure) and that would be the only drawback to
> buying this again.

Larry

On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:40:00 GMT, jcoulter

:

>> AMARONE 1998 Az. Agr. Tommasi . Opened the bank vault today and
>> spent $50 on a bottle that I have been eyeing for a long time.

> Congratulations. Amarone is a unique wine that grows on you. Many
>people react as you did to their first experiences, but like other
>qulaity wines, familiarity breeds not contempt, but amiration.

Sure hope I don't get to like it too much. Not a weekly wine I can
afford. (or.........maybe I'll not feed the teens quite as much ;-}

Larry Stumpf,
S. Ontario,
Canada
jcoulter

Larry > wrote in
:

> On Fri, 28 Nov 2003 20:40:00 GMT, jcoulter
> > wrote:
>
>>Larry > wrote in
m:

>>> AMARONE 1998 Az. Agr. Tommasi . Opened the bank vault today and
>>> spent $50 on a bottle that I have been eyeing for a long time.

>> Congratulations. Amarone is a unique wine that grows on you. Many
>>people react as you did to their first experiences, but like other
>>qulaity wines, familiarity breeds not contempt, but amiration.
>>

> Sure hope I don't get to like it too much. Not a weekly wine I can
> afford. (or.........maybe I'll not feed the teens quite as much ;-}

Teens eat too much anyway ;-)

> Larry Stumpf,
> S. Ontario,
> Canada

I'm not satisfied with the breadmaker [email protected] Baking 13 06-01-2006 02:38 AM
SAF yeast hunt now satisfied Dee Randall General Cooking 5 19-10-2005 02:04 AM
Older Amarone's CabFan Wine 8 25-01-2005 04:07 PM
$10 Amarone Tom S Wine 2 05-02-2004 04:18 AM