Nils Gustaf Lindgren

Default [TN] LAdoix Clou dŽOrge 1998 Dom Launay

[C] Deep gold
[N] Exceedingly rich, with notes of butter, reminiscent of a Meursault
village, but also ripe melon, vanilla and toast from barrels
[P] WOnderfully mature Bourgogne Chardonnay, with butter, and nuts, and
autumn leaves, and violets. Long and rich, with tones I would hazard are
secondary, it gives the impression of being at its peak. Drink now, donŽt
wait.

We bought this at the Domaine, from the owners, Mr and Mme Vaudiau in
Pommard. We never found out why they have this piece of land on the other
side of Beaune, most likely somebody inherited from somebodyŽs grandmother
.... The Vaudiaus are really, really nice and generous people who make very
good wines, not only Pommards ... if you ar ein the neighbourhodd, give them
a call. They are in the centre of Pommard.

We were tipped of the doamine, and introduced by Jim Tanner, good guy now
settling in the vicinity of Beaune.
We are happy to say the box contains 5 bottles of this wonderful wine, which
will not live to see the buds of May.

Cheers!

Nils Gustaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Dale Williams

Sounds like you hit the jackpot- a Ladoix that tastes like a Meursault, from
nice people, at its peak!
Dale

Dale Williams
Drop "damnspam" to reply
Nils Gustaf Lindgren

"Dale Williams" > skrev i meddelandet
> Sounds like you hit the jackpot- a Ladoix that tastes like a Meursault,

from
> nice people, at its peak!
> Dale

And you know, Dale, the evidence is accumulating that our cellar can take
the summer heat without killing or cooking the wines. OK, this one has only
been there two summers, but, OTOH, those were the hottest in living memory
(by Swedish standards).

Nils Gustaf
--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

Da' Bear

Nils Gustaf Lindgren wrote:

> "Dale Williams" > skrev i meddelandet
>
>>Sounds like you hit the jackpot- a Ladoix that tastes like a Meursault,

> from
>
>>nice people, at its peak!
>>Dale

> And you know, Dale, the evidence is accumulating that our cellar can take
> the summer heat without killing or cooking the wines. OK, this one has only
> been there two summers, but, OTOH, those were the hottest in living memory
> (by Swedish standards).
>
> Nils Gustaf

If I might ask, what peak temperatures occur in your cellar during summer?

--
Bear Graves
"The Secret of Zen lies in two words only: Not Always So..."

Nils Gustaf Lindgren

"Da' Bear" > skrev i meddelandet
> If I might ask, what peak temperatures occur in your cellar during summer?

22-23 centigrade on extremely hot days.

Nils Gustaf
--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

RV WRLee

>22-23 centigrade on extremely hot days.

That's approx 72F which shouldn't be near warm enough to cook the wine(s) but
it could accelerate the aging process. The fluctuation would also be
problematic. I assume that in the winter that you're dealing with temps
between 55-60F?
Bi!!
Nils Gustaf Lindgren

"RV WRLee" > skrev i meddelandet
> >22-23 centigrade on extremely hot days.

> That's approx 72F which shouldn't be near warm enough to cook the wine(s)

but
> it could accelerate the aging process. The fluctuation would also be
> problematic. I assume that in the winter that you're dealing with temps
> between 55-60F?
> Bi!!

In winter it gets down to about 15-16 degrees centigrade.

Nils Gustaf
--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se

TN: Saar, Ladoix, Rioja, Anderson Valley, Champagne, Beaujolais DaleW Wine 0 21-02-2017 01:41 AM
1998 Ornellaia Bi!! Wine 0 26-09-2012 12:55 PM
1998 Pomerols Bill S. Wine 0 21-04-2009 05:03 PM
TN Ladoix 2005 John T Wine 5 25-03-2008 09:39 AM
Ladoix Clos d'Orgue 1999 Dom Launay Nils Gustaf Lindgren Wine 0 13-08-2006 10:42 AM