Nils Gustaf Lindgren

Default [TN] LAdoix Clou d´Orge 1998 Dom Launay

[C] Deep gold
[N] Exceedingly rich, with notes of butter, reminiscent of a Meursault
village, but also ripe melon, vanilla and toast from barrels
[P] WOnderfully mature Bourgogne Chardonnay, with butter, and nuts, and
autumn leaves, and violets. Long and rich, with tones I would hazard are
secondary, it gives the impression of being at its peak. Drink now, don´t
wait.

We bought this at the Domaine, from the owners, Mr and Mme Vaudiau in
Pommard. We never found out why they have this piece of land on the other
side of Beaune, most likely somebody inherited from somebody´s grandmother
.... The Vaudiaus are really, really nice and generous people who make very
good wines, not only Pommards ... if you ar ein the neighbourhodd, give them
a call. They are in the centre of Pommard.

We were tipped of the doamine, and introduced by Jim Tanner, good guy now
settling in the vicinity of Beaune.
We are happy to say the box contains 5 bottles of this wonderful wine, which
will not live to see the buds of May.

Cheers!

Nils Gustaf

--
Respond to nils dot lindgren at drchips dot se